What type of Psy is this and is there more?

rhazor

Hi, new user here and new to this culture, so I was listening to the latest John '00' Fleming's monthly show Global Trance Grooves and there was this new track Splattered Implant - Twisted I was told it's Progressive Psy Trance, but after googling or youtubing I didn't come up with anything close to this. Can someone give more tracks that sound in same way, dark, fast, but not too fast, similar bassline, and with some vocal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZvq-AWm-Pc

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXSC0V2tZ6U

If these are on the right lines I can suggest more.

Searching Progressive Psy in youtube will probably just get you ultra clean, minimal, housey influenced plodding Trance these days, John 00 Fleming has a specific taste in Psytrance and it's difficult to think of search terms that produce the same sound. It is "Progressive", in a theoretical sense, but it's not what most people would typify as "Prog Psy", i.e the Iboga records sound.

Thanks for reply, but that's not really what I am looking for, it's simply too fast and a bit too psychedelish if you know what I mean. My sample is slower, progressive and have that sort-of dark/deep atmosphere and a dropdown or something like that, lol.

This is out on monday mate along with another track called Eleven eleven that might float your boat..........lots coming on this tip....glad you seem to likey :)

Hey sir ... when we have you already here ... may I ask: did you take that "twinkle" sample out of BioShock?

Sounds like it :P

Thanks all for answers, but all those tracks are simply too much of psy, lol. Looks like its impossible to find edge between psy and progressive.

Also 46Daz Bad 2 The Bone! that sample is probably from Dead Space you meant.

Thanks all for answers, but all those tracks are simply too much of psy, lol. Looks like its impossible to find edge between psy and progressive.

Also 46Daz Bad 2 The Bone! that sample is probably from Dead Space you meant.

See i didnt have a clue as i was given the sample a year ago and just waited for the right time for it. If you want to keep up to date with bits like this as there is alot coming up on this tip then follow me on facebook...cheers guys and really do hope you like it...Joof seemed very enthusiastic about it haha https://www.facebook.com/splatteredimplant

SAMPLE INFO

Correct! Dead Space BUT it was from the E3 2008 trailer. If I remember correctly, the game had a moment where you heard the woman singing the song. I LOVED this game and is one of my favorites ever. I suggest playing it with surround sound ;D time to get scared.

here is the trailer the sample was taken from.