Do you do drugs while listening to psytrance?

FatKidWitAJetPak

You don't need to do drugs to have a psychedelic trip on trance music. Just try half-sleeping in psytrance mod. You'll see things, I promise.

I accept this :D

I do reckon that it's close to impossible if you do psychedelics that have strong visual alteration. But with, let's say magic mushrooms, the psychedelic high is perfectly possible to achieve without a strong visual experience especially if you take a lighter trip. To put it short: some psychedelics only alter your perception about yourself or goals in music. So making the music is not harder than in a normal state, it could be the contrary.

Damn! Bro. You took the words right out of my mouth. :D

Them mushies can really alter your perceptions about yourself and the goals (for good, of course!)

You should visit South India sometime. We should catch up ;) ok!! Let's not regress! :P

back in the teens sure i'd endulge.

i'd endulge like a mofo.

im talking acid, mdma, pills, alcohol, cannabis, any and everthing psychedelic.

i kept doing it until about 2003 though. by then i was like.. i dunno.. 25 or something.

but yeah, it was pretty sweet going to all them parties dancing your ass off to illegal raves in the forest, or legal live acts in denmark or whatever, simon, I.M , A.P, etc, it was killer...

but it was also killing my head had i known it at the time i would never done it

now i cant even do a hit of pot without having to go for a long ass walk to walk it off.

shit. or sink a sixpack. but im not gonna throw this depressed mess at this thread.

so back on topic, shit yeah ive done drugs while listening to goa, you shittin me?

when i was 17 I used to sit high as fUUUK on that bud listening to goa in the headphones to and from school or whatever, sometimes i just sat on the bus and rode around town for about an hour listening to that shit high as FUKKKKK. hahha. those were the good days.

i wanna remember the good days.

cus there was many good days. there sure were. oh man.

as for PRODUCING music while high.

no.

I dont care WHO you are, You CANNOT MAKE MUSIC WHILE ON ACID.

why? cus you dont even feel like it.

you just wanna hug trees and shit.

amphetamine definately works, weed and benzos too.

but psychedelics? nope. you lose interest after a short while.

anyone saying different is either lying and has never done the drug they speak of, or has had some sort of Divine interaction with the drug causing them to have full control of their bodies making them able to create music.

so yeah. if someone say "i did this high on acid" you pretty much know its BS.

• Like 1

I can't even go near a dancefloor if I've taken acid, the music just sounds so utterly ridiculous and horrible at the same time; the further away from it, the better. Some relaxing chill music sems to be OK; I was kinda forced to play one night this midsummer when I was still quite very much tripping and after a few tracks of not handling goa trance at all I hit the brakes and swithced to downtempo and played an improvised set that wasn't actually half that bad. But it was still quite a challenge. That stuff is so unpredictable for me that I should stop doing it altogether (not that I've done it much in my life to begin with).

Not that I've ever really enjoyed intoxicating substances to begin with. Being drunk is just stupid, weed makes me feel like shit. Shrooms have been nice so far but that's a rarity for me anyway. Speed and MDMA I've tried but they didn't really do anything to me.

Also worth mentioning is that what can be considered an effective dose is completely random in my case. I have no idea if 100mics is gonna send me to space for the next 12 hours or if 500mics decides to keep me sober.

• Like 1

You don't need to take drugs to have a good time listening to pay trance.

But some of the my best life experiences has been doing drugs + music.

I highly recommend it.

Pedro

• Like 2

I can't even go near a dancefloor if I've taken acid, the music just sounds so utterly ridiculous and horrible at the same time; the further away from it, the better.

Once I had it like this too; it was Hux Flux and can't recall who else playing some NYE party. I couldn't, at some point, comprehend at all it was music, so I had to go out from the party... it was freezing, I remember looking at the stars for like 10 minutes before I had to go in again... this cycle lasted for a couple good hours. :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

as for PRODUCING music while high.

no.

I dont care WHO you are, You CANNOT MAKE MUSIC WHILE ON ACID.

why? cus you dont even feel like it.

you just wanna hug trees and shit.

amphetamine definately works, weed and benzos too.

but psychedelics? nope. you lose interest after a short while.

anyone saying different is either lying and has never done the drug they speak of, or has had some sort of Divine interaction with the drug causing them to have full control of their bodies making them able to create music.

so yeah. if someone say "i did this high on acid" you pretty much know its BS.

not entirely true... theres this thing called 'micro dosing' where you take maybe 1/4 of a tab, enough to feel psychedelic effects but nothing that will put you in the 5th dimension. very good for producing music as well as many other things. but yeah on a strong experience you would lose interest.

as for me... to be honest I only got into psytrance through LSD, now I like it perfectly sober of course but at festivals i'll take LSD and MDMA, nothing else, and only once for each drug per festival. i only trip at festivals though, no other parties

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

YES ! Coffee and cigarette right now. But nothing more, these are bad enough, right ?

(BTW: I switched to so called "natural" tobacco which claims to have no chemicals in it, not sure if this is true. But it tastes ok. I cant

even smoke "normal" cigarettes anymore, even the cheapest tobacco is better imo.) I tried recently the Lucky Strike natural, but it is

more expensive and tastes not as good as the cheaper ones LOL

I only tried once what they called "E" back in the days, I shared one pill with a friend. It had only the effect I had terrible headache most of the

night. So never tried again LOL This must be 10-12 yrs ago.

Also some friends from these times, smoked weed. I never bought it, but if they let get a puff I would take one. But never needed it.

Now I hate already the smell of weed, terrible :P

Damn! Bro. You took the words right out of my mouth. :D

Them mushies can really alter your perceptions about yourself and the goals (for good, of course!)

You should visit South India sometime. We should catch up ;) ok!! Let's not regress! :P

Seems drugs generally do not work for me.... in addition to above post, I remember once my friend had the clever idea to eat what was I guess "mushies". You eat this

right ? I guess he had read that psy and/or techno artists would take these while making music. We were trying to make music, and he brought this idea forward.

No effect on me at all. Also I can not even imagine to make electronic music when drunk (no alc here) or drugged tbh. Maybe punk yup.

I mean totally drunk/drugged here, not only lightly of course :)

Coffee also has no effect on me anymore, except it is very strong. But than it tastes like shit :P But normal strong coffee - its like water only tastes better.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...