Do you do drugs while listening to psytrance?

FatKidWitAJetPak

We are all safe here in the forums, but feel free to post anomously. Im curious ... Do you do drugs while listening to psytrance? If so , why? Personally , I have only smoked pot a few times, but other than thay ive never done anything else. I like the experience to be pure. Drugs arent a part of my journey yet. Are they for you?

they were, done pretty much everything in my time.

when i got into psy in early 90's acid was my thing, and loved listening under the influence at home, parties whatever.

did indeed take it to a whole new level, but the music took over, then never needed to take while on the dance floor etc, as it was the music i loved.

went to a party about a year ago, dead straight, and at almost 40, left the youngens for dead on the dance floor.

i reckon most of them didn't even like the music, was the substance carrying them

was still kicking when the lights came on.

something left yet in this old fella!

Yup.

Not always, and of course most of my listening is done sober through the week etc.

However, I can say that to fully absorb myself in a psychedelic experience, alone, with headphones while tripping is one of my favourite experiences in this world. It is the measuring stick by which albums and tracks are measured for me as the depth of sound and clarity of music to be found is unmatched that way. Those who have tripped to great albums will know what I mean. It is just an entirely different thing, and one i highly, highly recommend everyone try at least once :)

At festivals/parties though, no not always. Sometimes mdma as I do love that also, but tripping at festivals can get quite hairy for me occasionally just due to the amount of people around, and depending on the vibe. Tripping through dark psy and into the sunny floaty morning psy though is another experience in itself, and can be akin to being reborn.

I don't really smoke much or at all anymore over the last 5 years or so. I really should as I love music when stoned, but I stopped smoking years ago as I didnt like having to have it to get to sleep, and when i didnt smoke before bed i really could not sleep at all. Still think it is a great thing though if you can do it in moderation.

Anyway, um, i guess my answer is yes. :)

It depends on where I am and why I'm listening to music. If I go out dancing there's a big chance I will drop some MDMA and/or acid. If I'm at home I don't take any chemicals when I'm listening ot music. I do smoke weed on a daily basis but this is not something that is related to the music I like. Then there are a few occasions a year when I want to spend a day tripping, for that I prepare a lot of music since music sounds very different while on acid.

Everything disturbed me on Ketamine

:D

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon is great on Ketamine! :) I also enjoy Acid Trance a lot.

Oh, and i completely forgot, that i regularly listen to Haldolium on Keta^^

Proggie goes well with that substance, but everything else, that doesnt have a slow repetetive bassline totally disturbs me.

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon is great on Ketamine! :) I also enjoy Acid Trance a lot.

Oh, and i completely forgot, that i regularly listen to Haldolium on Keta^^

Proggie goes well with that substance, but everything else, that doesnt have a slow repetetive bassline totally disturbs me.

I had to be rescued from a threesome with 2 rampant Greek girls when I was on Ketamine....rescued from a dream come true is one definition of a nightmare

On Ketamine though, Psytrance disturbs me. :D

lololol

Years ago I decided that I was no longer playing Psychedelic Trance and was instead playing Dissociative Trance.

Even made a few mixes...

pbk-web.JPG

lololol =)

No.

Happend a couple of times in festivals, but overall it's better without.

This. Festivals are somewhat special cases, and mostly the answer is "no" concerning them also.

And concerning alcohol, that's been in a steady decline in recent years. I drink a few every now and then, depends on the occasion.

abasio, your story makes me happier t be sober while listening to psytrance. I admit only of having been drunk listening to psytrance and that was fun, but that's all. In a long distant past when I was maybe accepting a spliff off someone (90s) I found it very unappealing to listen to goa while stoned, and I never liked to smoke anything anyway, so no to that too.

My college years were spent stoned listening to psytrance. I have to say it was like discovering a whole new world that didnt exist before. Used to drop acid / X every now and then at parties. As and when i discovered goa trance i started becoming more and more sober. Drugs stopped suiting me.

Now im totally clean . No alcohol even. And I love the music as much if not more. :)

Drugs are abuntant around me (the perks of living in a small town with not much to do) but I rarely consume anything.

Acid, other ergoloids or Phens - only on special parties in clubs or places that I feel comfortable, although I could proably take acid and go to a church, I feel like a little kid on these substances, I find it wierd how people can't handle it.

Mush - once or twice a year and only with chill out music, mushies on dance arties bring out all my dislikes for the scene,the people and humanity in general and I get a lot of bodyload so I can't dance. It's too spiritual and esoteric for a casual night out or a party.

Alcohol - I drink a lot of Bacardi, Tsipouro and beers, but not at parties, the better the music the less I drink in general, be it electronica, rock, metal, Greek music...

Weed - Don't like it, it makes me serious and brings out the Econometrist in me (I'm a business school graduate and I enjoy studying the world markets)

Stimulants/Disassociatives - Don't like any of them, I hate it how on the comedown or the day after I have no recollection of what I did or what I listened to.

DMT - Haven't tried it, although I have access to some 5-meo-DMT, I assume it will be like the mush for me.

Overall, I'd say the better the music, the less desire I have for any kind of substance, especially alcohol or weed. I think more than 80% of the parties I've been to I've only drank 2-3 drinks or a few beers, I pick my events carefully so I won't need to consume anything, the music will keep me going!!!