6. Massive Attack
SPACE HYPNOSE, STATIC MOVEMENT

7. Indaco
SHYISMA

8. Sunset Blues
AVSHI

9. Burn Out
ROGER RABBIT

As I'm scraping the ice off my car after the two feet of snow fell and my hands are slowly going numb, a beach sounds really f*cking good about now. Iono delivers part two in this series aimed at those who could use a little warmth and sunshine. It's chock full of the melodic progressive vastness that the label releases on a continuous basis.

Now, this might be the frostbite talking, but...meh. I mean the progressive trance is good with plenty of delicious melodies and warm breaks. Iono does this better than anyone and that just might be the problem. No chances are taken here. It's a safe play doing things they've done for years. Changes in the time signature, echoing washes, and samples designed to make you think. All been done before by this label on many albums.

I think it's time to think outside the box. Time to shake the progressive world up a bit. It's not bad, but for me it's beginning to get a little stale.

Beatspace

Psyshop

Mdk

• 3 years later...

I love the first one in this series way more. TBH this one was mostly a dissapointment, there are some good tracks to be found here but overall it is far less melodious, more beat-focused  and overall much more predicatble and generic. Basically all genre cliches are here, if someone wants to confrim his/her point of view that progressive is boring copy-paste music this VA may serve as an evidence.

Anyway I quite like dystopian atmosphere in the Egorythmia's take on New World Order and these gentle melodic bits in Sunset Blues.