[DATLP004] Etnica - Live in Athens 96 LP - On Vinyl!

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/etnica-live-in-athens-1996-lp

Hello Everyone!
I am trying to do something massive here, a special edition on triple LP of Etnica - Live in Athens 96 :)
I need your support now, more than ever, if you want this release to be real.
5k eur may seem a lot but for the project I have in mind... it's needed, more or less.
I say more or less because the minimum amount for which i'd consider go through with it, it's really 3k.
I would add the extra funds needed and make something that would be like this:

A1 Etnica Plastic7:06
A2 Etnica Floating Universe 8:16

B1 Blue Planet Corporation Antidote (Etnica Remix)10:52
B2 Etnica Nice Toys10:01

C1 Etnica Vimana10:08
C2 Crop Circles Lunar Civilization (Etnica Remix)10:05

D1 Etnica - Fluorophilia Camps Bay9:34
D2 Pleiadians Jungle Trax (Etnica Remix)9:01

E Pleiadians Time Dilation (Etnica Morning Mix)15:47
F Etnica Mental Puzzle14:33

Only made in 300 copies, 100 of which will be black, 100 blue and 100 green (transparent both).
Eventually if I were to sell more than 200 copies on the funding project I'd adjust and maybe make 400 or even a 4LP but that would really depend on the support/interest I raise.
So I'd need you all to advertise this as much as possible, on other forums, facebook, anywhere there may be people interested in vinyls.

Also if you have other ideas for perks, let me know, what would u like to get extra, imagining you have a lot of money to invest and want something special?

I may do a perk including a t-shirt maybe, but that would be considered ONLY if there will a huge success and a lot of money collected for this idea.

Signed copies may also be happening, even if it would be a bit tricky and I'd have to go to Ibiza and Milan coordinating with the 4 members of the band to meet and get a signature so that would be 2 trips that would have to be financed by the project (or at least one of the 2).

So... vinyls... THEY REALLY KICK ASS.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/etnica-live-in-athens-1996-lp

Yes I understand your concerns but I can ensure you that, if the minimum of copies won't be sold (100) I will reimburse everyone minus the taxes that are going to Indiegogo anyway.

So for instance if you pay for the 36 eur perk you'd lose 3,24 eur (9%), that's all and is a little risk that you can take to help me realize something great.

The records would be pressed on audiophile vinyls @ 180 gr, the artwork will be adapted, the music mastered for better result and play-ability on vinyl and you know.. I'll try to do something stellar :)

I totally just emailed you about this.

Didn't see this posted in here first.

Might want to make a clarification on the campaign page. There might be a bunch of people hesitant to contribute because of this. The funds might get raised much quicker if people weren't afraid of simply losing their money without getting anything in return =)

Yes of course KING! I think all these were legitimate doubts and questions and I hope now it is a bit clearer :D

CHEERS and Thanks to All for inputs and/or contributions!

great move draeke, i admire your work!!!

unfortunately, i cannot participate, BUT

give me anything, from a compilation or albuum, with pleiadians tracklist, and i will be there...(fingers crossed hehe)

i really await a move like that, be it a cd or a vinyl.

(repress IFO if possible, or make a triple cd comp, with ifo, remixes and unreleased tracks, and cost it 40gbp :) )

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't.

With all due respect to DAT records, I don't get this. I have the CD and love it, and I enjoy psytrance on vinyl, but I don't see the purpose of this. Most especially because Live in Athens is a continuous mix, right? So it seems to me that putting it on 6 individual sides of vinyl does nothing but break up the mix.

Godspeed to Draeke and DAT records to accomplish what they want with this release, but I just don't get it.

Yes I was wondering that too. But I'd buy it anyway, it would be the first time in the newschool era that goa trance would be released on vinyl, so just for the difference in mastering I'd like to hear this. =)

hi draeke,

i was waiting for such a question for quite a time now an i'm really happy that you come up with this!

give a fuck about the pirates and release some truly golden gems on vinyl.

i'm definitely broke this month but i promise you to contribute this project next month!

btw, no big etnica-homie here, but you have to support the max of audio

listen all you artists and labels: stop releasing all your stuff-per-recipe on cd! keep it digital! press only awesome stuff! and keep the jewels for the most-biggest-hitting-facing-and-sought-after-vinyl!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the support so far, we are still a bit far but not that much! :D

• 4 weeks later...

so, this looks like the goal is still quite far away. just half of the dollars. what will happen if we don't reach the goal. definitely NO Vinyl ?

or are there some extra plans, extending deadline, shorten the project, give-a-fuck-and-press-and-sink-with-it ?

come on folks, give some credit !!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi KiNG and all the loyal fans, I have enquired more pressing plants to see if I could find a better deal since I went a little low on the campaign but not too worry, it is going forward.

I am also in the process of pressing my first VA ever, which didn't help for timing (was supposed to come out way earlier) but anyway, the LP will be a reality, during the summer probably.

Cheers!

• 4 months later...

Hey everyone! The vinyl is a reality :)

Check this out:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.783306335041836.1073741830.167190163320126

If you dont have facebook, I will update the website of DAT pretty soon, very busy with packing and shippings right now, to offer the best experience to the supporter who donated for the release. Then there will be plenty of copies to order but to a condition, no multiple copies per customer, that means u can have 1xblack, 1xblue, 1xgreen but not doubles, as i want to give a chance to everyone to get one and to avoid people stocking to resell. Then after a while I will allow to get one extra copy if you wanted.

The release will ONLY be available through me, will not be sold in any online shop or retailer, so it will be on DAT Records web store.

:)

well you can still get a copy and play it at a friend ;)