Elysium - Various Works 1994 - 2005

Trance2MoveU

yWRIUwV.jpg

Artist: Elysium

Title: Various Works 1994 - 2005

Label: Self Released

Date: March, 2011

Discogs

I'm too lazy to list them...there's over twenty.

F*cking hell, is everyone named Andersen in Denmark?

Denmark's own Kristian Thinning Andersen is a polarizing figure that was the subject of several lively threads here on the forum. Like him or not he's responsible for a big part of our scene's music and was quite prolific. This was released by the artist a few years ago on Ektoplazm, but has since been removed. It's a collection of his work over 10 or so years with music that is tough to box in. Is it goa? Tribal? Downtempo?

Yes, all of the above. A digital only release there is a 21 track edition from 2011 and a remastered (what the hell?) 15 track version that came out a year later. One was in wav form and the other in mp3, but most were found on his previous albums. Personally I've never been a huge fan of his style as I think it goes on far too long without sufficient evolution. There are great parts on most of his tracks that unfortunately don't fulfill their potential. But that's just me.

If you're a fan than you probably already have a lot of this.

If you don't then this is certainly a treat. Even though I didn't like all of it he didn't have to give sh*t away so I would just thank him and stop being an ungrateful b*tch. By the way, I'm super keen on hearing his newest album that is on the way.

Mdk