Jon Cocco

makes me even prouder cuz this was my last goa album

I love Mission Aborted.

The whole album takes me into into a massive desertic planet with huge canyons and wanderings nomads.

But er... Ahem... What do you mean by "last goa album" ?

I love Mission Aborted.

The whole album takes me into into a massive desertic planet with huge canyons and wanderings nomads.

But er... Ahem... What do you mean by "last goa album" ?

i will not make another goa album for several reasons

last tracks from e-mantra goa side will be the ones i work nowadays for my e-mantra 10 years release

im heading to new musical directions :)

• Like 1

i will not make another goa album for several reasons

last tracks from e-mantra goa side will be the ones i work nowadays for my e-mantra 10 years release

im heading to new musical directions :)

Me :

Nononooooooooooooooooo+no+no+no+no+no+no

Nah, just kidding.

Sure, I'm sad, but an artist should always follow his inspiration, even against the will of his fans.

Mister Carpus, you provided me an undescriptible Goa pleasure during the last two years of my life, and I will always consider you as one of my very favorite artist. Your Trance albums took me very far into imaginary worlds full of wonders and adventures, and this, I will not forget, and whenever I feel sad, I'll listen to Pathfinder.

I wish you good luck and a huge success in your new project. Please, provide us some banging tunes, be it progressive, dnb, or anything else.

Good luck, Sir, and

THANK YOU SO MUCH !

I'll keep waiting for the new releases. ;)

PS : no more Eleusyn ?

Hey Emmanuel,

damn man, this news hit me hard. No more goa tracks from E-Mantra?

You gotta do what you gotta do, but it's a huge loss for the future of goa.

Will you continue to work in other goa projects such as Eleusyn and others maybe?

All I can say is that I hope in whichever direction you go, you will be very happy! That's all anyone needs.

Thank you for the music and take care. I'll keep following you.

J.

well ..im very proud about my baby

makes me even prouder cuz this was my last goa album

thx for feedbacks people

Well if you're gonna go out, may has well go out with a bang. That you did here. :)

Don't hesitate to stop by once in a while to release a super song like Ayahuasca on a future Suntrip compilation, that is if you feel it so. I'm just putting the idea out there. A retirement from your main albums doesn't feel so alone with an occasional masterpiece from you, if you feel the urge. Just saying. :)

PS: I'd love to hear an ambient album by you at some point in the near future, maybe incorporating atmospheres into a few tracks. I like how Distant Systems and Asura produce ambient tracks around songs with beats. Even with psyambient, creating variety so that each song has character and stands out. I think it's good to take new musical directions. Just please keep us informed via forums of your future works and what names they're under.

Thank you for gracing us with your passion and skill, and for producing three great albums in a beloved sub-genre of music. That's not to say the countless of compilation tracks over the years. I know I could be fairly critical at times, but that's because I see how talented you are. I am very thankful for your music and overall consider you a great artist.

Well if you're gonna go out, may has well go out with a bang. That you did here. :)

Don't hesitate to stop by once in a while to release a super song like Ayahuasca on a future Suntrip compilation, that is if you feel it so. I'm just putting the idea out there. A retirement from your main albums doesn't feel so alone with an occasional masterpiece from you, if you feel the urge. Just saying. :)

PS: I'd love to hear an ambient album by you at some point in the near future, maybe incorporating atmospheres into a few tracks. I like how Distant Systems and Asura produce ambient tracks around songs with beats. Even with psyambient, creating variety so that each song has character and stands out. I think it's good to take new musical directions. Just please keep us informed via forums of your future works and what names they're under.

Thank you for gracing us with your passion and skill, and for producing three great albums in a beloved sub-genre of music. That's not to say the countless of compilation tracks over the years. I know I could be fairly critical at times, but that's because I see how talented you are. I am very thankful for your music and overall consider you a great artist.

there's some nice words..appreciate that

my chill album will be release on november 27

hope u ll like something from that ;)

cheers

Damn man, last news make me sad, but what can I say : ' (

Good Luck with the new work mate, just keep us hearing some Trance stuff even If you produce downtempo,

you got incredible talent on downtempo genre as well and I will follow your way for sure, Silence Album was one of my favs !

very sad that I miss Tree Of Life Festival, E-Mantra played there

respect to:

E- MANTRA _ O _

• 4 weeks later...

This album just gets better and better and better. Sad to hear about your choice for Goa but very happy to hear your chill side will be alive still. Really looking forward to the new album, if it's anything like "The Hermit's Sanctuary" we are in for a treat. Great job, also, with the "Floating Spirals" compilations, I hope you find time to get together more collections like those.

• 3 months later...

E mantra is the reason I got hooked to Goa trance, sorry old schoolers but that's my reality. Anyway, to the album,

It seems to be Mr.Carpus' zenith in uptempo goa trance and contender for uptempo album of the year.

I will probably do a detailed review later, but apart from Wrath of the Nomads and Fall of Icarus, the rest give me goosebumps. Now, I'm not saying that these 2 are bad, they have their own merits, but damn, from The Entity to Ayahuasca, complex pumping and pulsating music.

@ E-Mantra, pity you aren't going to do uptempo with this project anymore, but all the best for your future Ventures, I know you will kill it. :)

• 1 month later...

Wow, well I listened to this a couple of months ago and didn't think much of it. Some nice sections, but nothing very memorable.

After giving it another chance I realize that this music is dripping with acid that's being pumped along with an impecable groove - I fucking love it!

There are no in-your-face climaxes by which to recall specific tracks and I believe that's why some people might not be taken by it... just as the previous version of myself wasn't. But the entire album is a voyage in itself and I would strongly recommend a focused listen.

I bet it's a BLAST on the dancefloor, shame there's a slim chance of that happening... unless I run into Anoebis :)

the entire album is a voyage in itself and I would strongly recommend a focused listen.

Well said! It gets more magical the more you listen in. It is a voyage and an awesome at that!

• 8 months later...

E-Mantra has one of the most charismatic sound ever in this scene. My problem? It is too repetitive.

If I pick a random track here and listen to it loud, I will love it (any of them). the synths are terrific, basslines powerful and this is so hypnotic and psychedelic. By far among the young artists the most psychedelic sound since I dunno, Psychopod or Ka-sol. So my problem is when you listen to these 9 tracks in a row. They all follow more or less the same formulas and it gets exhausting for me.

The way the tracks are built reminds me how Ka-sol produces his tracks, usually very short intro and hardly any rest from the first minute to the last. I think E-Mantra is so skillful that he could produce the best goa trance ever if their was more variation and more memorable melodies. I think I am demanding with E-Mantra because I love his sound signature.

For me this is still circa 7/10 but could easily get to 9/10 if these nine tracks did not sound so similar. I never heard this outdoor on loud speakers but I can imagine how great it might sound.

• Like 1

E-Mantra has one of the most charismatic sound ever in this scene. My problem? It is too repetitive.

If I pick a random track here and listen to it loud, I will love it (any of them). the synths are terrific, basslines powerful and this is so hypnotic and psychedelic. By far among the young artists the most psychedelic sound since I dunno, Psychopod or Ka-sol. So my problem is when you listen to these 9 tracks in a row. They all follow more or less the same formulas and it gets exhausting for me.

The way the tracks are built reminds me how Ka-sol produces his tracks, usually very short intro and hardly any rest from the first minute to the last. I think E-Mantra is so skillful that he could produce the best goa trance ever if their was more variation and more memorable melodies. I think I am demanding with E-Mantra because I love his sound signature.

For me this is still circa 7/10 but could easily get to 9/10 if these nine tracks did not sound so similar. I never heard this outdoor on loud speakers but I can imagine how great it might sound.

You took the worlds right out of my mouth. I agree 100%

His basslines are amazing. His synths are superb. His tracks however are too easygoing for my taste.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

E-Mantra's "Arcana" is the best album of new school Goa trance so far in my opinion. "Arcana" is one of very few current releases that can stand shoulder to shoulder with the great works of Goa trance from the 90s. So it was with some anticipation that I got the new album "Nemesis". The title and dark cover promised something even more darkly alluring than the brilliant "Arcana". Having had it on constant rotation I am slightly disappointed to report that I'm not as wowed by this as I was by the previous great recording. The first five tracks are really good, culminating in the storming "Xibalba" which features an entrancing stomping beat, moody deep bass and plenty of space between the sounds when the acid kicks in. An addictive track with just the right amount of restraint to draw the listener in. However, for the next couple of tracks E-Mantra indulges in some high-pitched melodies that remind me of the hysterical sounds to be found in old school "hard trance" and "hard house" - not to my taste. Was Emmanuel trying a bit too hard on these tracks? I don't know. Somehow this album doesn't reach the heights of "Arcana" which was quite a bit more dark, mysterious and transporting than "Nemesis", for me at least. Don't get me wrong, this is still an excellent album which absolutely deserves to be in your collection if you're a fan of Goa trance, but I don't find it quite as atmospheric and otherworldly as "Arcana". ~*~