Still haven't heard Mind Rewind

Trance2MoveU

eventually 500 copies from MR2 got vanished in like 2 months. thats something REALLY GOOD, comparing the fact that many ppl are just downloading music.. well we cannot expect that suddenly 1000copies will get sold in such a short time (also this is NOT a commercial release so still a lot of people DONT KNOW THAT IT EXISTS!!)

and lets not forget that the reason of MR in general is not the profit but to help a group of people, right? or am i mistaking something here? (maybe i am, really!)

so..if MR1 will get reprint, the original cause will be accomplished much better!!

i will respect the decision MR team will make, whatever that will be, but i will be very happy if i see it reprinted and sad if not (for the reasons i decribed at my above posts)

remember that the goal in our community is to help each other with any way we can (well..i guess..)

To be honest, there is 1 very important argument in my opinion to reprint Mind Rewind 1.

It was a release without a commercial idea behind it. All the profit was for a good cause. So how can you say, not repint, and the good cause will get less money because of that? This is a pure win win situation in case of reprinting! More people happy, more money for the good cause! Who can be against that? :)

If a commercial label does limited prints, it is different I guess, as it's a way to sell stuff faster and to make something more rare/wanted. But that doesn't apply in this case... Also, I don't like the fact some of the people that worked on it, kept 5 albums aside in their cellar, and sell them once in a while for 100€. But ok :P

• Like 1

i have a question: what is the DAT Mafia? is this a concept that existed before you guys chose the name for your label?

because i remember a Neuromotor song called "Fuck the DAT Mafia" and i wondered even then what it referred to

Also, I don't like the fact some of the people that worked on it, kept 5 albums aside in their cellar, and sell them once in a while for 100€. But ok :P

believe me you will see ppl selling it for probably 200 euros each copy. i already have 2 of my contacts "waiting in the corner", doing that in case of not a reprint

I've also not heard it, or the second one yet.

Not got as much purchasing power as I used to have and need to limit or pace my purchases.

Should get number 2 while it's still available I suppose.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Yo so what is going on? I know Draeke is busy with other stuff but seriously I can only find rubbish low grade mp3 online & I'm not gonna bother the bandwith. Is there anyway I can get wav files of this & make a $30USD donation to the original charity? I felt so bad for downloading the mp3 I made a $20USD donation the charity as I've never downloaded illegaly before, but I'd happily give a further $30USD for wav's?

• Like 1

Hello Everyone,

Sorry, I was indeed very very busy with the tshirts, my first compilation on DAT and the etnica vinyl campaign. That resulted in me having no time to organize the team towards the Repress that I seriously want to do. Also to kill all this speculation of IF, OR and whatnot. I do remember we had a vote and the majority was pro repress under the condition I'd find the time to contact all the artists involved and ask for a permission -> Well, we will do that in September so that we can work on both Mind Rewind 3 AND the Repress.

I also had Gizmex contact the original pressing plant in order to have an identical product, otherwise it would be pointless, no changes in any details, so to have undistinguished discs and thus making it a proper 1000 copies pressed, killing all this trade/collectionism madness that in reality is only profiting on a good deed which was the donation to a charity to help kids!

Finally I was also pro an official digital release but others were against it as they feared a lack of control into the finance behind digital distribution and whatnot but if the charity itself were to offer a link on their page where you actually pay X eur directly to them and download the files, it would be awesome. I will write an email to the charity and work with them to have a special bandcamp for this, if the artists agree. Because the problem behind that was that we said to the artists that we won't go digital and stuff, but frankly I don't think they would mind at all. We may ask this together with the permission for a repress and all will be resolved.

The only people pissed would be the ones who bought a copy for anything over 20 eur, and I am sorry about them but I can only apologize and as Mars said, we learned from our mistakes, but maybe you could also send the seller to hell and tell him he was doing a bad thing in selling it at high prices.

Fede

PS: In a remote future, where all MR would be sold out we will do a special boxset in digipack with maybe alternate mastering, to please every collector and have them buy another edition supporting a good cause (well it would be dreamy to do it)

Thanks Fed, I knew it was due to other priorities so I didn't mean any harm by my comments. You're absolutely awesome at what you do and deserve much praise. I can promise that I'd be buying at least 3 copies of the reissue. One for me, my goa loving nephew and one for my bro-in-law as well. It'd be great if the charity could have a digital version, but I also knew it was funds management that is questionable, as well as I know from other sources in the industry that once a product goes digital piracy rate is higher than just physical copies (Gio Makyo and I discussed this with his Purnima album).

Cheers