Still haven't heard Mind Rewind

Trance2MoveU

I still don't understand how this could happen. If I'm correct only about 300 copies were sold normally, the other ~300 stayed with those who made the whole thing happen. Who thought this was a good idea? Super-limited release of such a high quality compilation, that (IMO) everyone should be able to get a hold of. After probably over one year I found the opportunity to do a complicated three-party-trade to "only" have to invest ~60€ instead of the ~100€ that people asked on discogs. Then there is a reprint announced for that super-limited release, which probably pisses a lot of those people, who payed very much to get it, off.

Not that I'm against a reprint, personally I'm all for it. Since I buy CDs to add them to my collection, without the intention to sell them at some point, I won't really lose anything if the CD loses resale value because of a reprint. I just think it was an unfortunate decision to limit the first release to 604 (effectively ~300 at normal price) CDs and give the impression that this was the only chance to get it, let prices skyrocket this badly and at the same time have so many people completely miss out on it...

Whatever, I'm not trying to tell people how they should have done things, because lamenting about the past is pointless, I just want say how I would like to see it done in the future (if anyone cares)...

Whatever, I'm not trying to tell people how they should have done things, because lamenting about the past is pointless, I just want say how I would like to see it done in the future (if anyone cares)...

It's already "done in the future" and MR2 has a press of 1000 units.

^It probably was just unfortunate misjudgment on demand and such.

That said I do think MR1 is one of the finest compilations ever and better than MR2, although MR2 has the best track(Etnica).

It's gotta do with the fact that we agreed pressing 604 copies (there's 614 in reality) has a great sound to it. What we didn't take into consideration was the amount of copies we need to send to all artists involved.

As a sidenote - I reckon Mind Rewind 2 is the best out of the two... but of course MR3 will be even better than those. ;-]

I still don't understand how this could happen. If I'm correct only about 300 copies were sold normally, the other ~300 stayed with those who made the whole thing happen. Who thought this was a good idea? Super-limited release of such a high quality compilation, that (IMO) everyone should be able to get a hold of. After probably over one year I found the opportunity to do a complicated three-party-trade to "only" have to invest ~60€ instead of the ~100€ that people asked on discogs. Then there is a reprint announced for that super-limited release, which probably pisses a lot of those people, who payed very much to get it, off.

Not that I'm against a reprint, personally I'm all for it. Since I buy CDs to add them to my collection, without the intention to sell them at some point, I won't really lose anything if the CD loses resale value because of a reprint. I just think it was an unfortunate decision to limit the first release to 604 (effectively ~300 at normal price) CDs and give the impression that this was the only chance to get it, let prices skyrocket this badly and at the same time have so many people completely miss out on it...

I'm part of the MR team. Probably a number of guys from the team kept an extra copy "just in case" but most gave them away or sold the copies they got. I did, and I have one left: mine.

There's also the copies sent to the artists. So overall I think 100 CDs were kept away and >500 copies ended up on the market.

For such a release, 600 copies was a good idea at the time. With CD sales plummeting and the fact we wanted to give some money to the charity instead of losing some, we couldn't take many risks. But then the release sold out in a few days, which surprised us all. It's always easier to assess a situation afterwards than beforehand.

MR2 got pressed a thousand copies and MR3 will probably too, meaning we learned from our mistakes.

Some guys in the team want to repress MR1, it's still under discussion. I'm not sure the booklet will be as thick, or the case be the same, or whether there will be a special note somewhere or not. So it may be possible to tell which batch is a given copy.

That's what we do at Suntrip for instance, we always change the artwork a very little bit, and update copyright dates too, before repressing.

Wait and see...

• Like 2

as far as i can tell, things are showing a repress of the 400 copies that are missing (from the total of 1000)

take note that a lot of scamming occured around the last year, by prices like 100 euros and above.

i expect to see prices like 200 euros around in some months IF a repress won't happen, there are lot of people holding their copies and waiting to see your answer (your=MR team) in order to move at possible selling

though it is up to you (MR team) to do the right thing (which is a repress by my honest opinion)

ps. i apologize for my bad english

having a digital release instead of physical is like reading a book from a screen or dating with a girl through skype... meh...

just 'cause ppl where....obsessed... grabing it at stupid prices, doesn't mean that there should not be a repress.

the obvious is a repress.

p.s. i have a copy of MR1

I'm part of the DAT mafia team.

I don't agree releasing it digitally. Reason: it's already available since day 1 it was released. To be concise, it hit the net before it was in people's hand, but that' another story.

I suppose you mean it was available as some kind of illegal download. I think there are still a lot of people who don't like to download stuff illegally (how many people are there in the world who have to and can buy something like Mind Rewind (1), but could not simply download it instead? Hardly any I'd think) for whatever reasons and I think especially those people who would like to do a fair trade (=buy whatever at a reasonable price, instead of just copying without giving anything back) should be able to do so.

a lot of members of MR team are claiming that it was a mistake releasing ~600 copies and not 1000. also Draeke (owner of DAT) himself said that he will put an effort for a reprint. all these showing that there would be a POSSIBLE reprint of the rest 400 (they never said that there will be a full reprint)

and agaim i'm saying, just cause ppl were urging to get it at stupid prices, this does not mean that "HEY DON'T REPRINT OMG I PAID 100 EUROS" 'cause this is what you actually mean (at the guys who paid so much and they "yell" for not a reprint")

the hell i have it and i want a reprint for the reasons below :

--> scamming from people that are waiting to sell it (like i said at my previous post) will be eliminated

--> more profit for the actual target of the release (which would be the right one of 1000 total copies)

--> lot of people who missed it (AND THEY DONT WANNA HAVE IT ILLEGALLY DOWNLOADED) will be happy.

conclusion : there are ONLY positive remarks at a possible reprint, and people should stop acting such egoistic (i'm speaking about the buyers not MR team)