Phobos Azazel - Organistic (2012)

Reznik

This Album is one of the best i´ve ever heard. Phobos Azazel - Organistic, released in 2012. My favourite piece of Psytrance to listen to on acid. Highly recommended.

http://www.discogs.com/Phobos-Azazel-Organistic/release/3362755

Here are few tracks on youtube from it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCFkK4bOTLU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgDZqTNoE5A

Phobos Azazel was on my radar for a while, but to be honest i found it a little bit too derivative of the whole genre. Just nothing much to make it stand out from the multitude of other producers making the same sounds. Might be just me though but its not top tier stuff to my ears.

Anyway i like it ok. Prefer this though:

And probably even Ajja's stuff these days if im in that mood. As far as actually psychedelic and groovy dark goes he has been at the top of his game for quite a while now.

What genre is that btw? I usually listen to old Goa from back in the days, the Schlabbaduerst Rekkords releases, Shpongle and Psydub, so i have little use for all the new faster stuff.

@Shpongled

I´ll listen to what you posted tomorrows. No sound here atm.

@Shpongled

That Farebi Jalebi Track you posted is just plain Dark. Don´t like it all. Phobos Azazel is not just that plain Darkpsy Thingie, that´s why i like it so much. I think it was labelled as Twilight.

I´´ll put the Aija Album on my Mp3 Player and listen to it today. My wife has it.

@mars

I never wrote a review before and i´m not very familiar with that genre, so i don´t know^^

Phobos Azazel was on my radar for a while, but to be honest i found it a little bit too derivative of the whole genre. Just nothing much to make it stand out from the multitude of other producers making the same sounds. Might be just me though but its not top tier stuff to my ears.

+1

oh yes :) a great album! Much better than other output I have heard from Phobos.... to be honest I found the other stuff (before this album) mediocre at best... but this has some totally different qualities, some of the best melodic darkpsy I have heard, up there with Zolod!

I went to the release party of the album and got it there. Usually I don't like the darker stuff but this album is one of my faves in the genre. The title of the album really does it justice, the songs do sound 'organic' just what I like in forest :). Also the overall bpm isn't to high, what usually my first complaint is. The whole doesn't sound too chaotic, the sounds fit together nicely and so do the songs on the entire album.

Ooh Scatterbrain haven't listened to that in a long while. Gonna put it on right now.