Neogoa banned by Facebook

Richpa

Facebook knows more than you probably realize.

They even create shadow profiles for people who don't have Facebook accounts.

Even if you don't use Facebook, Facebook knows that you exist and knows what shows you go to and who you hang out with.

I should have bookmarked more of the stories last summer when I was reading about it but do some searching about Shadow Profiles

http://beta.slashdot.org/story/159302

Basically, Facebook's automated image scanners know that there are 5 people in a photo. 4 of those people have Facebook accounts, 1 does not.

They can then cross reference that face/image through other profiles and through phone databases and figure out that this person exists, who they hang out with, and for advertising purposes, what their likes and dislikes probably are.

There are a bunch of interesting articles about the practice and I wouldn't be surprised if it is even more deep than what we know.

Crazy shit.

The best bet is to be lost in the data stream.

Richpa, FB owes you an answer, so you have to insist. Play it straight: "ok something was maybe wrong, but i dont know what, so if you want me to avoid doing the same mistake again, please tell me exactly what content was wrong".

Actually they don't. They decide are they gonna respond to a query or a reported problem or not, and probably they won't respond, even I still think that they can at least send a warning or something before they decide to delete someones work and efforts made during the last 3 years in just 1 second. Obviously they found out that Neogoa page broke their rules and regulations. How? Honestly I don't know and probably I won't know, just like you, I can guess about that. I reported a problem, (the same thing I asked people to do aswell if they were a frequent visitor and had good time on that page) and there is nothing more I can do. I only hope that this kind of situation won't happen to any other fellow label, artist or a person, it makes you feel bad and dissappointed.

I also now remember that not long ago I saw a video that compared youtube and facebook and very cleverly shown how on facebook they want you to pay to make your posts popular.

So that's also one reason that may be connected to your problem. You were somehow making other people's post much more popular and thus ostracizing the potential investment of other page owners who could pay real money to get more likes (yes you can BOOST your post, for a fee). When you pay they will magically show your post to many more people (because there is a filtering and not ALL your friends will see what you post). If a post is becoming popular and very clicked, it will get spread around, but probably if you help other pages to make their posts famous you are possibly avoiding facebook from making more money... bleah.

Facebook also deleted the old Phototropic group. At that time it had ~370 members. The new one only has only 85 now...

Anyway, I don't really care about facebook anymore, i hope one day this hype is over and we can all promote our stuff in a normal way again.

Facebook also deleted the old Phototropic group. At that time it had ~370 members. The new one only has only 85 now...

Anyway, I don't really care about facebook anymore, i hope one day this hype is over and we can all promote our stuff in a normal way again.

That's the question, what will be next?

Facebook will stay big for the next decade, I'm pretty sure about it... Simply because others, like google+, have nothing "new" to propose...

And Like Draeke said: it's about money imo. They don't want free promotion, if you pay, they are happy

Google still got a lot of potential IMHO. Even their focus on joining their social network Google+ with YouTube still doesn't look very useful, I think in next year or two they will make it perfect. The good thing about Google+ in the beginning was the 'circles' option which allowed user a creation of his own circles and making the managment of shared content much easier (just drag 'n drop people into circle and decide which circle can see different content), ofcourse Facebook copied that option and created a lists, but still Facebook doesn't have that quality feed for pages and friends like Google+. Sure, they got much more people on their network, but if they gonna expect to give bigger ammount of feed only to pages who buys 'premium' option, soon they will loose many other pages/users who believed in quality promotion. For example, what would happen if Soundcloud suddenly decide to limit the appereance of new uploads on 'Stream' for basic users? It would suck.

There are so many options that Facebook can offer to page owners who wants to have better promotion, for example the managment of profile/page and group from the same CP, or offering option for labels or artists to directly upload music on their server and present it through the Facebook player, or giving option to manage your past and upcoming events through your own 'tour calendar', or allowing premium members to upload high quality images. Ofcourse, the reach is still the best way to get people use your premium service, but I think with making some things easier for artists and labels, or just giving them extra options to upload and share their content whould be a great idea.

Anyway, nowdays is still the best way to have your social tools connected, the perfect way is to have a base such as website or a blog and to connect it with your Soundcloud/Facebook/Google+/YouTube/Twitter accounts and post the content at one place and just re-post it through the blog/website on other social networks. I'm using a Tumblr for such a things and so far it is perfect. it allows you to post various type of content and via dashboard you can easily manage it, plus for all the statistics, you can always add Google Analytics in your blog and have detailed overview of visits and other statistics.

I don't think that. I'm just saying that they got (at least now), much better news feed.

I'll have to take your word for it. I'm mostly avoiding Google (though I still use YouTube) after they fucked Usenet over.

That is totally bizarre. I wonder though... any time I've posted a Neogoa release on my own page Facebook hasn't let me link to the Neogoa page itself. I always got a warning saying "this account has been flagged for spam" or something to that effect. This goes back at least a year or so. A clue?

That is totally bizarre. I wonder though... any time I've posted a Neogoa release on my own page Facebook hasn't let me link to the Neogoa page itself. I always got a warning saying "this account has been flagged for spam" or something to that effect. This goes back at least a year or so. A clue?

It was registered in 2010 (when I created a page) as Neogoa.tk (a free domain-name service) which is flagged as spammy by Facebook for some time now. Ofcourse, Facebook doesn't allow you to change the name of the page after you get more than 25 likes or smth like that. The only way they allowed neogoa tagging is when they started with hashtags so you could tag as #Neogoa, but that option is more for Twitter, right?

It seems that page has been deleted because of the cover photo. By Facebook rules you're not allowed to have any links in the cover photo, such as link for your twitter account or your blog/website (and indeed, they are allowed to delete your site without warning you). So page owners, be careful, as you can see this ridicilous thing can cost you a and make some serious troubles.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I remember when Facebook closed the profile page of Max Lanfranconi because they thought he was impersonating a celebrity (himself)

this shit happened to me yesterday, i´ve sent ID and still waiting...

It seems that page has been deleted because of the cover photo. By Facebook rules you're not allowed to have any links in the cover photo, such as link for your twitter account or your blog/website (and indeed, they are allowed to delete your site without warning you). So page owners, be careful, as you can see this ridicilous thing can cost you a and make some serious troubles.

but they do let you put your links in description, and info feed below cover photo... lol, fuckers. let´s put some flame on Zuckenberg :)

but they do let you put your links in description, and info feed below cover photo... lol, fuckers. let´s put some flame on Zuckenberg :)

He knows what you wanna do...

29yfomh.jpg

• Like 1

Well, Facebook is a powerful tool for the promotion and obviously most of the people (me included) doesn't pay that much attention to the details and the rules. I can't say that I regret because of posting links in cover photo, but what makes me sad is the fact that page back than had over 2k followers and many people send request to get back page up, but no response.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

It took 700 days to restore my page (as I said it was banned for some unknown reason without any notice or explanation). Many people sent their request to restore the page (many of Psynews members too, so thank you all for doing that). Even we had to rebuild our new official page and get the audience and start with promotion from zero, it seems that today, two years after...the old page is online again.

Since I don't want to keep the old one (due to the inactive factor, low organic reach, outdated posts and stuff like that), I will probably merge it with the new one. However, just wanted to inform you that the old page is restored.

Well, weird, right?

• Like 1

Well, weird, right?

Very! right now, not many are liking facebook over here, with its free basics nonsense. How I wish if all the non-supporters just stopped using it. But that aint gonna happen I guess. Right?

And yay! You got your page back :)

• Like 1