Pop tracks that will make for a good psy remix

exotic

Seriously, none.

Absolutely. Altough I have big respect for old and new Pop and do not regard it as bad music, I think the music is just too different for a psychedelic trance remix. Pop awakes much different emotions than psychedelic trance music so it can´t be remixed to psytrance, metall for example is great to remix in psytrance. The dark atmosphere paired with psychedelic elements can generate one masterpeace after the other. This is the reason why many goa and psytracks have metall elements.

I don't know if it can be considered as pop, but I always liked the Oxygene remixes, e.g. the ones by AP, Eleusyn or John 00db

i don't think it's pop. but i agree. the 00.db remix (and the protoculture remix thereof) is good (if a bit cheesy, commercial trance like sounding), especially for sunrise. i've found the ap remix weaker than that and the eleusyn one is new to me. i've got to look it up now :)

edit: the eleusyn remix is pretty good too, nice :)

Well, as goa has its roots in synth-pop there is a precedent. :) As long as the artist adds something psychedelic or goa-trancy to the song, I think it's a great idea.

Off the top of my head, Juno Reactor, Total Eclipse and MWNN did some amazing remixes of pop music.

I'd love to hear a goa trance version of the bands that were already proto goa trance. Yello, A Split Second, Front 242, A Flock Of Seagulls... could be bleedin epic. ;)