For you, for whatever reason. Whats the "national anthem" of Psytrance?

psytones

I think one must take into consideration that the average Psynews memeber, is much more knowledgable than the average goa/psy listener.

For example trip tonite, teleport and mahadeva are tracks that get played often at the houses of friends that I visit, whenever they decide to have a goa party or just play goa in the company of friends. On the other hand Hallucinogen and Transwave are 2 artists that are often overlooked.

IMHO it has to do with how prolific Etnica, MWNN and AP have been in their travels and appearances in Greece.

The Etnica and Etnicanet guys make an appearance almost every month in Athens

AP used to play here all the time in their golden days

MWNN didn't come here very often but teleport still gets played all the time

On the other hand Simon P, played in a club 3 years ago and except for the Aurora festival hadn't visited Greece for maybe 7 years and even before that he didn't play that often. LSD also hasn't got a Super memorable melody (like Trip Tonite or Land of Freedom).

Transwave had stopped playing music under this banner for many years, people around here know Dado,Deedrah,Synthetic and GBU more than Transwave

On the other hand if you took the survey in the UK, I'm pretty sure LSD would crush all competition and obviously in Israel Mahadeva or Kabalah would do the same. In Greece I'd say Trip Tonite would probably be first since people love Etnica and especially MAX.

Interesting point you have Trunksan!

For me personally it will be Hallucinogen - LSD

But if you are talking party wise, in the 90s, the most played track here was Astral Projection - People can Fly, so this has to be on the list for sure :)

This thread is gonna devolve into another 5,000 year war, only instead of Israel vs Palestine, it's Israel vs Simon Posford.

Awesome.

I'd feel very proud if this happened, since I'd conisder myself the firestaster!!!! Just don't expect me to take part in it, I'll just sit an watch while eating pop-corn, like Switzerland or New Zealand!

On the other hand Hallucinogen and Transwave are 2 artists that are often overlooked.

that's surprising. simon always draws the biggest crowd of those mentioned here (or in hungary). though not necessarily because of his work as hallucinogen, but often rather because he's the guy from shpongle...

This thread is gonna devolve into another 5,000 year war, only instead of Israel vs Palestine, it's Israel vs Simon Posford.

Awesome.

Hahaha, but would that mean that the Goa scene will become a mess? Man, them border controls between the two artists is gonna be annoying.

that's surprising. simon always draws the biggest crowd of those mentioned here (or in hungary). though not necessarily because of his work as hallucinogen, but often rather because he's the guy from shpongle...

Exactly, Simon P is much more famous as 1/2 Shpongle rather than as Hallucinogen. Which make sense, since he's made Shpongle albums this millenium and his last Hallucinogen album was at the previous one.

Of course we all know that even ALL Israeli artists COMBINED don't even begin to touch the greatness of Simon P... but that's another matter...

Trunksan throws a bomb and sits back as hell breaks loose, eating popcorn

Somehow I was not expecting these answers when opening this thread. I was thinking of festivals now with mainly psy trance. To where I thought the classic sound from 2003 full-on. Something by Alien Project. 'Midnight Sun' perhaps. Many party goers I wouldnt be surprised dont know the classics you listed or even this A.P. one. Maybe thats just my perspective here in the states and party people here. (many obsessed with dark psy only ;/)

Lmao.

HAHAHA right?? ;p btw I would choose some of the Israeli's over Simon any day. A lot of Hallucinogen is hard to listen too without feeling bored. hopeully this changes when I see him, Dick Trevor and Raja in May ;O

HAHAHA right?? ;p btw I would choose some of the Israeli's over Simon any day. A lot of Hallucinogen is hard to listen too without feeling bored. hopeully this changes when I see him, Dick Trevor and Raja in May ;O

I have listened to Hallucinogen live more than ten time and I always said to my friends that he's the man. They never really paid too much attention......until 3 years when we all went together at Hallucinogen live in a club in Athens. After that night, they realised what I was talking about and now they say: Hallucinogen = the best party of our lives.

• 2 weeks later...

This is not an easy question hehe. But some of the tracks that lies closely to my heart are:

Xerox & Illumination - Turbulance

Electric Universe - Mind Of God

Astral Projection - Anything Is Possible

Rinkadink - Synthax & Whiskey

Sonic Species - Generation X

It (The Prayer) is very well known in Austria, too. Not a bad track per se, but kind of uninteresting musically, imho. I think it's actually extremely generic/simplistic by itself, but the fact that people tend to react so positively to it on a dance floor, is a pretty clear sign that it has some kind of "hymn-status", I guess.