Most "Spacey" or "Cosmic" Goa Albums?

Shpongled247

A lot of spacey soundng music was given spacey titles because it's really spacey.

It would be cool but I think unlikely if a really spacey album was called down to earth, moss roots, deep ocean trenches.

"Spacey" music has two different meanings for me: either "ambient / downtempo" or "trippy".

In the trippy category you might also consider the following albums:

Nebula Meltdown - Stardust Chronicles

http://suntriprecords.bandcamp.com/album/nebula-meltdown-stardust-chronicles

Divided Harmonics - Cryptic Moon Egregore

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/divided-harmonics-cryptic-moon-egregore

Orion - Metamorpheus

http://www.discogs.com/Orion-Metamorpheus/master/54714

"Spacey" music has two different meanings for me: either "ambient / downtempo" or "trippy"

that's why definitions such as "spacey" are very subjective.

for me i'd define it as something that evokes mental images of outer space.

D5 is pure space travel, sometimes orbiting around planets.

Etnica is not so much space, but rather trying to make sense of complex alien machinery.

Eat Static is your stereotypical alien invasion

Chi-AD could be exploring the ruins of an alien civilization on some kind of exoplanet...

:)

Which ones are you referring to?

Another World

To Sirius

From Nibiru

Dance Of Distant Worlds

Cosmology

Cosmic Dimension

Sky Technology

Back To Space

Pleiadians

Crop Circles

Magick Universe

I'm not saying none of those are spacey in my opinion, but some definitely aren't. To me, Crop Circles is not at all spacey, although I love the music.

Surprised only one mentionned UX, not my favourite goa but very cosmic, agree with the rest especially Transdimensional and Ethereal's album.

Maybe I should add Darshan - Awakening, some tracks in this album are very spacey.

And Toi doi - Technologic.

Funny how ears are very subjective, I would never mention Khetzal 's album as spacey :P

Indeed. It's an amazing piece of goa trance art, but honestly it doesn't fit well under the cosmic description at all. It got more organic feeling and spiritual vibe.

• 1 year later...

It's abit tricky to perceive the notions of Space and Cosmos/ the cosmic concept.
Space has firstly the meaning of the astral world and secondly the meaning of the void, distance and depth, floatation & movement.
As well, the cosmic concept has meanings that have to do with the universe, the planets, nature and the conciousness.

Has "Sky Input" and "One Love" been mentioned?

I could also add Power Source's Cosmic Waves, Xerox & Freeman Human Race and Sandman's Witchcraft but i am not sure because the element of the subject here is basic in this music so i get confused..

..like a saying referring to such a condition as "someone is bringing Owls to Athens"! :D

I'm noticing a lot of obviousness in this thread. Saying something is "spacey" because the name includes something literally space- or cosmic-related is kind of lacking in imagination.

A lot of spacey soundng music was given spacey titles because it's really spacey.

It would be cool but I think unlikely if a really spacey album was called down to earth, moss roots, deep ocean trenches.