Most "Spacey" or "Cosmic" Goa Albums?

Shpongled247

Just as the title said, what do you think are the most spaced out, alien or cosmic sounding albums? Preferably whole albums with a theme running through them.

I know the obvious ones like IFO, Etnica stuff etc but curious to maybe find more i have yet to hear somehow. I know this is kind of a broad question hah..

Ok...apart from the (really - like Astral Projection's "Another World") obvious candidates...

Not sure if always goaish enough, but:

E-Mantra - Pathfinder (Distant Signals omg!)

Nova Fractal - Fractal Landscape

MFG - Project Genesis

Alienapia - Goapocalipsys

Ra - To Sirius

Cybernetika - Nanospheric

Crop Circles - Tetrahedron

Annunaki - From Nibiru

Psy-H Project - Dance Of Distant Worlds

Definetely not goa enough, but pure space, alien, cold and hostile...Chaotic Synthetics - Transuniverse Express

Ethereal - Anima Mundi

http://www.discogs.com/Ethereal-Anima-Mundi/master/379937

It's one of the spaciest albums ever!

Chi A.D music

http://www.discogs.com/artist/12977-Chi-AD

Khetzal - Corolle

http://www.discogs.com/Khetzal-Corolle/master/231050

Agree with Ethereal but to me Khetzal is absolutely one of the most non-spacey Goa albums in the entire genre. Corolle is so full of...gaia...mother earth...lotus flowers, don't know how to say it, but nothing in the music reminds me of space at all...:)

but to me Khetzal is absolutely one of the most non-spacey Goa albums in the entire genre. Corolle is so full of...gaia...mother earth...lotus flowers, don't know how to say it, but nothing in the music reminds me of space at all... :)

absolutely.

and chi-ad is 50% space and 50% ancient temples from lost civilizations :)

Khetzal is absolutely one of the most non-spacey Goa albums in the entire genre. Corolle is so full of...gaia...mother earth...lotus flowers, don't know how to say it, but nothing in the music reminds me of space at all... :)

I was just about to say the same :)

Cosmic Dimension - In a Special Kind of Space. - I mean come on, their name has the word COSMIC and their album is about space, how is it not. :)

Sky Technology - The Pleiadian Connection

Psychowave - Sunshine Reborn

and maybe Mindsphere - Patience for Heaven

Space would probably sound like 4'33" so the rest is largely subjective and open to interpretation. Nevertheless, my foremost thought would be that D5 really takes the cake here. They have space-related album/track names, OK, but that alone doesn't make the music spacey. However, they keep it quite heavily synthetic, mechanical, ethereal and cold. Can you recall any Indian melodies or instruments, chants or even drug samples in their work? I'd say they largely skip all that.

Cosmosis - Cosmology is the most cosmic one based on the title. :D But that and Eat Static tend to follow the "visitors on Earth" theme so it's somewhere inbetween.

What else...some Underhead, Moonweed, AP's tracks which are not about Tibet, MFG's tracks which are not about religion...dunno. I'll go with D5.

Tandu - Multimoods

Cydonia - In Fear of a Red Planet

Those are spacey for me, though more of the "being chased by evil aliens and crash landed on a hostile planet" kind of space

Also, anything by Total Eclipse makes me think of space and aliens.

Artifact303 - Back To Space and I second Goasia's From Other Spaces! UX's Ultimate Experience is very spacey too, but in a dark, menacing way (like a superstardestroyer full of evil Sith).

I also agree that Corolle is very earthly, much like the classic Blue Energy by Jaia which sounds a lot like a trip around the planet (and signifies the element of water to me).

Alas, there is no music that is more cosmic than Etnica's Live in Athens, Alien Protein, Pleiadians' IFO and Crop Circles Tetrahedron.

Eat Static - Prepare your spirit was for me the most sci-fi sounding album, Astral Projection - Dancing Galaxy is my choice for being among the stars with naught but my skin though.

Some good suggestions here. Of course I know and love D5 just forgot in the op, they are actually my benchmark with pleiadians/Etnica I think for this sound.

Will check out the chi ad stuff as I only have a small collection of theirs and not that album.

Also no one mentioned Hunab Ku, but maybe too obvious.

Khetzal I love but yup, a very organic and earthly album. It's full of pan flute and watery sounds heh. Definitely not alien.

Lastly, live in Athens is what prompted this thread, I had quite a time listening to that recently and it was like boarding an intergalactic groove train. Truly ahead of their time back then!