1. Astral Clouds
2. Enlightened Moon - Trinodia Vs. Judaika
3. Qind Mind
4. Alien Language - Trinodia Vs. Judaika
5. A11 (2013 Mix)
6. Out of orbit
7. Rusty Rites
8. Moon Mission - Voxel9

Simply beautiful? Or beautifully simple?

KESFHUx.gif

"Mensa called again...they said don't ever, ever call them back again. Ever."

Both actually. Trinodia is Daniel Eldström and unless you've been living under a rock (or Alabama, Mississippi, or Lousiana, know collectively as the place education goes to die) you've heard his music. This savvy Swede is a veteran of the goa trance scene. The digital release Human History from 2011 and his last album Stargazing are sparkling examples of stellar melodies and driving power. Like Filteria and E-mantra he's got..."it".

87XftM8.gif

What began as a regular doctor's visit soon descended into a whirlwind of glossy pamphlets, antibiotics, and painful urination.

The Midas touch. He's got the Midas touch. Jeez, dial it down.

Melodies are plentiful with rising and falling arpeggios willfully sacrificing themselves to the filter cutoff knob. There are samples of exotic shamans that are more enlightened than you after a bag of weed and ass wiggling grooves (Qind Mind) which keep me twirling. He stacks new school melodies on top of old school bite and growl resulting in an enveloping atmosphere.

However it's not without a blemish. Like a man going to see the Notebook in the theater something was out of place. A11 wasn't bad, but it was too polished and shiny. Too...full-on. The feel of the track didn't match the overall vibe of the album. But by the time Rusty Rites came on...

9aBWe7h.gif

The final track is a downtempo one from his ambient project Voxel9 that couldn't get you closer to viewing the Earth from space than if Nasa sent you there to fix that f*cking cooling duct on the space station. Where was that thing made, China? So cold, so bright, so desolate with only the sounds of mission control in your headphones to keep you from floating away.

It should go without saying, but get on this. It's worth every penny.

Nice work Mr. Eldstrom.

Psyshop

Mdk

• 2 weeks later...

However it's not without a blemish. Like a man going to see the Notebook in the theater something was out of place. A11 wasn't bad, but it was too polished and shiny. Too...full-on. The feel of the track didn't match the overall vibe of the album.

Exactly, I thought I've accidentally switched to Delirious Noon. This and the chill track didn't click for me (too many walkie-talkie for my taste), but overall I've enjoyed this album a lot.

Trinodia has the ability to create great melodies and he doesn't afraid to give them the first row. Some of the bunch are close to epic trance but somehow he pulls it off ;). Great work and I think it deserves to be mentioned among one the best of 2013.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...