which 1st track & album blew your mind!

kartoonz

Hi friends, i'm just curious to know when you guys started listening to psy for the first time, which was the track and album that blew off your mind completely... of course there were others to follow later, but i'm just interested to know the first track and album... Below is my list...

Track:

E=MC2 by 1200 micrograms (I know this one is a bit cheesy for most, but my jaw dropped when I heard it)

Album:

Trust in Trance -1996 - Astral Projection (cant explain in words...pfff...)

:)

Track: Pleiadians-Family Of Light back when it was unreleased.

It was something out of this world, I've never heard such sounds and melodies before.

Album: Astral Projection-Another Wolrd

First Goa album I bought and it was unbelievable. Melodies and sounds from outer space.

• Like 1

This question has been asked before but it would be interesting to know from new members.

For me it was the track "Hallucinogen - LSD" and the album "Hallucinogen - Twisted".

I litterally fell on my knees and listened to it in a loop for months! It still blows my mind now.

My testimony: http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php/topic/30650-10-years-ago/

Damn that was 18 years ago, I didn't even have a degree, and now I have a kid that keeps saying "stop that music!" ahahah

• Like 1

I can't remember the exact first song that made me fall in love with Goa/Psy, but one track that I can remember that help me love it was Journey Through Your Mind by Aban Don.

Great track.

• Like 1

Track: Pleiadians-Family Of Light back when it was unreleased.It was something out of this world, I've never heard such sounds and melodies before.Album: Astral Projection-Another WolrdFirst Goa album I bought and it was unbelievable. Melodies and sounds from outer space.

Is another world better than trust in trance? I haven't listened to it yet

This question has been asked before but it would be interesting to know from new members. For me it was the track "Hallucinogen - LSD" and the album "Hallucinogen - Twisted".I litterally fell on my knees and listened to it in a loop for months! It still blows my mind now.My testimony: http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php/topic/30650-10-years-ago/ Damn that was 18 years ago, I didn't even have a degree, and now I have a kid that keeps saying "stop that music!" ahahah

If I'm not wrong this has to be one of the first goa trance albums?

Indeed! Although no-one really called it Goa-Trance back then :P

The first track I ever heard was cities of the future by infected mushroom and although I don't like it as much now, I just knew psytrance was the music for me back then.

The first album that really blew my mind is probably Transdimensional by Dimension 5, although waves from outer space by Kindzadza and debut by psykovsky I heard before transdimensional but I liked those more for individual tracks.

• Like 1

Hmmm I think Goa was already known to Electronic music freaks at least one year earlier, in 1994.

There's Har El, Cosmic Baby, Moog releases and the VA Hypnotic Trance 1, Psy-Harmonics Vol.1, and the first Trust In Trance compilation in 1994.

Then the more you go back in time, the least you can tell if it's Trance or Goatrance:

Juno Reactor - Transmissions or the Dragonfly compilation Project II Trance are both from 1993.

The first Infinity Project EP is from 1992.

There's an Electrotete EP and The Overlords' Sundown (one of the very first Goa tracks ever) in 1991.

You can find MWNN EPs in 1990 but they are clearly Trance, not Goatrance !!!

• Like 1

Don't know the very first track but this is one of the tracks that made me fall in love with goa trance, and still sounds amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWwRkRuWDbw

Holy hell.... This track is just too amazing.... Thanks for this gem

Filteria - Operation Pulse

Literally 10 minutes of goose bumps. I don't get those often these days.

At 6.10 this track just goes to another level... Wow

For me it was the track "Hallucinogen - LSD" and the album "Hallucinogen - Twisted".

I litterally fell on my knees and listened to it in a loop for months! It still blows my mind now.

I can't agree less... Is indeed a great track... A classic :)

Filteria - Operation Pulse

Literally 10 minutes of goose bumps. I don't get those often these days.

Some folks don't like Filteria's earlier works, but I have to say that his stuff is still good. Operation Pulse is still one of my favorites from him.

Some folks don't like Filteria's earlier works, but I have to say that his stuff is still good. Operation Pulse is still one of my favorites from him.

Sky Input is an album created by God. When I first listened to it I could't believe how it's possible so much awesomeness to fit in a single cd.

• Like 1

Sky Input is an album created by God. When I first listened to it I could't believe how it's possible so much awesomeness to fit in a single cd.

That's what I thought also. But then I read some folk's review basically saying that it isn't that special (I guess it depends on your taste but still it is pretty awesome.)

• Like 1

wow this album is amazing... thanks...

That's what I thought also. But then I read some folk's review basically saying that it isn't that special (I guess it depends on your taste but still it is pretty awesome.)

+1

I was into house and had a load of mix tapes of that but then one day at a party I heard The Green Nuns Of The Revolution - Optimal Creakage which is incredible when you are baked. In my attempt to find out what was playing I looked through the CDs and one image stuck in my head the next day: that was the dragonfly logo. I went out and bought Project II Trance and by the time Genetic - Trancemission came on I was hooked. Even sober I was mesmerized and could feel the music as part of me and I knew I had stumbled on something special. More than 15 years later my tastes have diverged a lot from the days when I was only listening to Goa Trance but I still regularly listen to tunes from nigh on 20 years ago and they still feel great. Maybe not the same elation I initially felt but still really amazing :)

still love these tunes

Repeat:

1st track that blew my mind: IM - The Missed Symphony (In 2000, was the first track I ever heard from IM)

Original album that took my emotions by storm: Astral Projection - Another World (In 2001 I think, first goa album I bought)

• Like 1

The first goa/psy song I ever heard was Astral Projection - Mahadeva, and it blew my mind.

It didn't make me go in search of more though. At the time I didn't even realize that 'goa' was a thing. I was all into commercial trance then. Only later when I got into it did I realize this crazy song I'd had for a couple years from MP3.com was part of the whole thing.

First album I heard that blew my mind was probably Hallucinogen - Twisted.

• Like 1

if i remember correctly first track 'or one of the first was ASIA 2001 - STRANGE WORLD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR1gcUiP2uU

It was back in 1997 I think

Was listening to the radio and recorded the track on a tape

I didn't knoww the name of the track, was wondering for years and finally found out 15 years later (in november 2012 :D)

• Like 1