Fabulous guitar riffs in shpongle

radi6404

Simon Posford from Shpongle really knows how to create deeply emotional music. The spanish guitars he uses in various tracks can´t be mistaken with something else when it comes to very deep feelings. For me at least those guitars go deep under my skin and awake the most impressive feelings I had in my life like love, pleasure and warmness. I don´t only like them in shpongle, but in most tracks they appear. Spanish music is known to be emotional and to awake deep feelings, just as all the Spanish sounds in shpongle, which are more powerful than most other sounds in goa trance and ambient. Examples of these impressive guitars are the marvelous Dorset perception, which is a very warm and emotional track to me and also the incredible Shpongolese spoken here. It gets going a bit hard but then after the first half past it evolves into one of the most melancholic, emotional and deep tracks that have ever been released in ambient. All sounds are right and let you dive in such a beautiful warm soundscape, that is colorued just like a red Spanish sundown on the most beautiful beaches they have. I don`t have other examples of that in mind but I know there are other Spanish/Latin/Mexican Shpongle sounds. Shpongle might sometimes sound strange to us, but the Spanish side of it is probably the most emotional and powerful sound in ambient.

Okay seriously, what condition do you have? You've been told THOUSANDS of times to not ask questions like "why are people not replying?". Why do you keep forgetting it?

On topic, I agree with you antic.

I don`t have any condition Jason. But maybe you have, otherwise you would not ask such silly questions as this one. Shpongle is one of the higher names of this forum so ianswers are more likely as let´s say Sundog.

I love the guitar at the start of Outer Shpongolia/Botanical Dimensions..

Simon writes some nice guitar parts indeed. Well, every sort of instrument part hah..

Funny to hear him talk about playing guitar live as he admits he is not an accomplished guitarist and gets quite nervous.. Still, whenever ive seen them he pulls it off quite well. Obviously the soloists play the more technical parts as simon is busy doing other stuff! heh.

• 1 month later...

I would erase the vocals aswell, especially the strange ones, they are misplaced and make the tracks extremly cheesy. Great tracks are ruined by strange vocal samples but that is the case in many Simon Posford tracks. People who are not into the scene would look at me like I have fallen from the sky if I would say to them Shamanix is great after the introduction vocal, the same with Shpongolese Spoken here with some of the vocals or Electroplasm at 4 35, to name just a few. Such vocalsamples are totally wrong and don`t allow for smooth listening.