Best Tristan album?

radi6404

7 members have voted

1. 1. Best Tristan Album

• Audioframe
    • Chemisphere
    • Other - please specify

So we all know that Tristan is a good artist, the question is which album by Tristan is the best album? I like Audioframe and Chemisphere but havn´t listened to that stuff a lot. I find focus to be one of their best songs if not the best. Chemisphere is an excellent album, it is very energetic and doesn´t sound like chaos but structured. It is like goa trance with slightly removed melodies, pure electronic bliss which I love a lot. Some sounds remind me of the old artist Slinky Wizard.

What do you think of Tristan and which is their best album besides compliation songs, which ofcourse are also impressive in my opinion.

AudioDROME wins hands down for me, because it's good old Twisted Rec. sound - not overly melodic, highly experimental and technically brilliant. I hated the cover though :)

Chemisphere was OK, but a bit too full-on and without much focus, while I never even got around to buying Substance (his only other album...) because it sounded too out there, just like some of Deedrah's CDs from that period.

All his albums (+ few DJ mixes) are freely available on bandcamp: https://soundcloud.com/djtristan

What do you mean are freely available? He others such beautiful music for free? Can he be donated? Such beautiful music must be donated, it is too good tto be offered for free.

Man, you crack me up - not only you didn't bother to correctly spell and list Tristan's all 3 albums, but you also are too lazy to click the link I provided? Go to his https://soundcloud.com/djtristan profile and see for yourself what do I mean by "freely available"! You can even contact him there - I'm sure he'll welcome your donations.

• Like 1

I checked it out, the downloads are in wav so people wont really bother downloading from there because the files are too big.

Are you serious? Are you on a 56k modem?

If anything, people - who don't have the CD - should be grateful for a loss-less d/l, especially if it's free...

That is your opinion, I think different. For me lossless formats are justified when they are formats like flac or ape, but not wave as it is way too big. If you have the money to store flac on harddrives, I don`t. you know harddrives are not very cheap and I can`t waste space for wav files just because they are lossless. With good soundcards or cd players you don´t hear a lot of difference between wav and mp3 even though you believe in it. I hear a very small difference between mp3 320 and flac but many people have performed blindtests on expensive audiosystems and people could not guess which is the lossless and which the mp3 format. That should tell you a lot.

That is your opinion, I think different. For me lossless formats are justified when they are formats like flac or ape, but not wave as it is way too big. If you have the money to store flac on harddrives, I don`t. you know harddrives are not very cheap and I can`t waste space for wav files just because they are lossless. With good soundcards or cd players you don´t hear a lot of difference between wav and mp3 even though you believe in it. I hear a very small difference between mp3 320 and flac but many people have performed blindtests on expensive audiosystems and people could not guess which is the lossless and which the mp3 format. That should tell you a lot.

Sorry, I forgot you're lazy and can not be bothered to compress the .wav-s using the codecs and quality presets you like, so that you could afford to store it and maybe even perform the blind tests in the process...

It's really difficult for anyone to piss me off, but ffs - you try really hard ;):D

Than you should not be pissed off by such insignificant things in the internet like this thread. Ofcourse I can compress it but I wanted to respond that wav is not the only listenable format and even mp3 sounds good in good audio systems, which is the reason people can not distinguish the difference. I find it very generous that Tristan offers his tracks for free but I think he should sell them, such good music is worth buying for sure.

Than you should not be pissed off by such insignificant things in the internet like this thread. Ofcourse I can compress it but I wanted to respond that wav is not the only listenable format and even mp3 sounds good in good audio systems, which is the reason people can not distinguish the difference. I find it very generous that Tristan offers his tracks for free but I think he should sell them, such good music is worth buying for sure.

Out of curiosity - what music have you bought recently? I can't remember you posting in "What new music did you get today" thread, but you seem like a very generous person telling artists what they should and shouldn't do?

I am not a very generous person simply because i don´t have a lot of money, but when I have the chance I buy stuff even if I don´t list it on the music thread. What point is there in listing it in the muisc thread. I have bought all Astral Projection albums this summer for example in order to support Astral Projection but when I ttold it here there was no reaction, so don`t think I list any music purchase here.

I have bought many Israel goa trance albums and also expensive stuff from Twisted to support and help the UK music scene. I also bought tracks of Boris Blenn and asked some artists on Facebook if they want support. I asked Sandman but he did not want a donation, which was strange to me. In the future I plan in buying more music and asking some artists for donation. When that time comes Tristan should recieve a donation and I think his incredible music deserves donation from many other people.

Because of four fiancial status not anyone is able to buy all of his music but I think as soon as the budget allows for donations and purchases, artists should be supported.

I am not a very generous person simply because i don´t have a lot of money, but when I have the chance I buy stuff even if I don´t list it on the music thread. What point is there in listing it in the muisc thread. I have bought all Astral Projection albums this summer for example in order to support Astral Projection but when I ttold it here there was no reaction, so don`t think I list any music purchase here.

I have bought many Israel goa trance albums and also expensive stuff from Twisted to support and help the UK music scene. I also bought tracks of Boris Blenn and asked some artists on Facebook if they want support. I asked Sandman but he did not want a donation, which was strange to me. In the future I plan in buying more music and asking some artists for donation. When that time comes Tristan should recieve a donation and I think his incredible music deserves donation from many other people.

Because of four fiancial status not anyone is able to buy all of his music but I think as soon as the budget allows for donations and purchases, artists should be supported.

Good to hear that - I really appreciate what you're doing! :)

But at the same time you shouldn't be saying things like "why is he making it available for free?", because - and you know it first hand - a lot of people can't afford buying music. In this particular case I simply think Tristan though that whoever wanted to buy his CDs already did that years ago and he prefers to have free exposure and advertisement, to keep the gigs coming. It's his choice to make.

Sorry to have derailed your thread - I'll keep quiet from now on :mellow:

But Tristan wants to earn money with his music aswell so it is a bit unlogican that he offers it for free. Especially when he is one of the more respected artists in the scene, in my knowledge he has always been a big guy.

I like Audiodrome & Substance about the same. They're both decent albums.

Chemisphere just sounds exactly like you'd expect from most Nano artists and, although I like some of it, the lame full-on guitar riffs ruin it for me as a whole.

But Tristan wants to earn money with his music aswell so it is a bit unlogican that he offers it for free. Especially when he is one of the more respected artists in the scene, in my knowledge he has always been a big guy.

Im sure Tristan earns most of his money from touring not from selling full on cd releases/downloads...

Anyway i think my favourite releases of his are only his first one.. The rest just sound too "Nanofied" to me.. Not my thing.

Also, i met him at the Shpongle gig in london and he is indeed a big guy, im 6'2 and he towered over me... lol. Nice guy too.

I wouldn`t have thought opinions about Tristan are as negative. I always thought he is one of the best artists just like Promethus, Ott and other close artists to Simon Posford. In my opinion the music is very good. It is melodic sometimes and on other times just interesting. Many of his tracks also have a good climax and evolve in the duration of track.

Audiodrome is the best.

Some tunes are misses, but he has done some sterling tracks in the past.

The Killerwatts stuff is not my cup of tea, his solo work is fantastic (most of it) imo, and he has made some killer collabs and lots of them too.

Have heard him play lots of times, from 95 when I first saw him play till 2013. He rocked Shiva Valley and Lotus Inn, silly in Goa last season.

I've never heard him play a bad set.

Super nice guy as well.

first off im so glad to have found this forum and people like yourselves who make so much sense out of music... i would be listening to crap had it not been you guys... so thanks a ton... now back to the topic, i havent listened to any other albums by Tristan, but Chemisphere is pure magic!!! i am new to psy and cannot be descriptive as everyone around, but in simple words this album if pure psy fullon compared to other artists... im psy terms "its not cheesy at all" :)

Unfortunately I find him quite uninspired, never on the forefront of quality. He made a track called "Paraphernalien" in the 90s that I enjoy thou...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DgheteOHSk

+1 +1 +1

this is one of the guys I never understood, playing on every festival, and I never felt something special when he was playing.

Unfortunately I find him quite uninspired, never on the forefront of quality. He made a track called "Paraphernalien" in the 90s that I enjoy thou...

he has imho never made landmark releases that set new standards and i wouldn't think of calling any track "sounding like tristan" contrary to some other artists such as logic bomb, hux flux, early talamasca, cosmosis, … . but he has consistently released psychedelic trance (that deserves that name) of varying quality from great to average and he didn't go down the cheese/extremely-generic-fullon/minimal/dubstep road. that alone sets him apart from the great multitude of other producers.