Zodiac Youth - Elysium, why no mention?

radi6404

Why does noone talk about Elysium and the artists that appear on Zodiac youth - Devil`s circus. I find that albu really good and one of the best compilations when it comes to that type of goatrance. This type of goa trance is comparable to artists like Youth, Genetic, Voodoo People, TIP, Psychaos, Mandra Gora / Johann and other similar artists. Typical for this tyle are more rough tones that sound old and warm, somehow like Eat Static. The style also includes E-guitars on some tracks, it differs a lot to the uplifting Israeli style or acidic German style of goa trance. Tracks like Elysium - Deliv´s Circus Remix or Voodoo People - FAst Forword the future are highly psychedelic and have a very special, alive and present sound. Elysium sounds very similar to the above mentioned artists and for example the track Conciousness (Remix) is really impressive. The sound is so old, rough and nostalgic that even the bassline sounds as if it is distorted and done in a rough envirnonment. That is so psychedelic and relaxing to me, completely different to the wolrd we have today with shiny layouts of apps and menus on the smartphones and tables. Do people here like that rough and old sound of goa trance coming from Elysium, Youth, Voodoo People and Genetic? Why does noone talk about it?

^ I have to pay 10 euro + give away a beer to join the party? That's OUTRAGES!

oliveoil.

On topic. Zodiac Youth - Devil's Circus (Elysium mix) was one of the very first tracks I ever consciously heard of GOA-trance in the late 90's. It was alluring and I fancied it a bit. But never truly. So it took many years later for me to actually turn on by it (goa).

Devil circus remix is a great classic, at least to me, why we don't talk about it ?

read the reviews where this track appears, people praise this track..... why we don't talk about it ? because it's old, first time i listened to this track was 15 years ago man.

Yes, but I did not only talk abut this track but also about Elysium as an artist and other artists like Voodoo People, Genetic or TIP. I praised Subcounciousness (Remix) by Elysium aswell which is the definition of rough sound in goa trance, that track is too good.

Now, for many people in the scene, this is exactly as if you're talking about Elivis Presley to Rock afficionados.

This is known to be legendary and still nobody listens/talks about it. This is old and our world turns very fast.

I am quite surprised to see this party, Elysium and Giotto on the same lineup, wicked! where is this party ? been ages since I saw my friend g8!

Can people here please also say something about what I said in the first post. What do you think about Zodiac youth? What do you think about Elysium? What do you think about voodoo people and similar artists? What do yu think about the old and rough sound the mentioned tracks have? Idon`t have a clue why people don`t have to say anything about that, it seems I am the only one who find this style amazing.

Can people here please also say something about what I said in the first post. What do you think about Zodiac youth? What do you think about Elysium? What do you think about voodoo people and similar artists? What do yu think about the old and rough sound the mentioned tracks have? Idon`t have a clue why people don`t have to say anything about that, it seems I am the only one who find this style amazing.

i been listening to these guys for 20 years, as mars said we turning fast!

ask about the latest filteria, then we can talk!

there is a reason why most don't talk about elysium, but i staying out of it.

Well, we can respect him as an artist still. You know that Richard Wagner or some other artist did not have a view to the world you would expect him to have, still he is respected like one of the best classical artists.

yeah well am sure wagner wasn't that much of an asshole!!

and would definatley prefer his music anyday!

We all had fights with him. Now i found that i wasn't right about much things and i am really sorry for that.

Anyway Elysium / Sheyba does affected a lot in history of goa trance. Personaly his music really hooked me more and more on goa trance soon after discovering him, i belive somewhere in 2005-2006. His 90s music for me true essence of goa sounds. Goa trance with LOTS of tribal elements, i found it very spiritual. Definition of goa trance!

Funky basses, interesting drums and percs, unexpected screaming synths and sounds... even if you are biggest hater on dancefloor, hate dancing from the heart, it will make you dance lol :D

As artist he have massive respect from me... i never talk with guy so i can't comment much... what happend in past should stay in past.

And i do like Zodiac Youth, great music and i wish there is more from them! :)

Yes, as an artist he can have great respect, he was as good as any top artist in my opinion and he also contributed to the scene with a style of goa trance that is wilder and more alive than most other styles. For me many elysium tracks directly teleport me to an on indsutrial area or old factory hall with mashinery, railings, windows and many other interesting things inside, I really love the rough sound and find it unique. Good that there are other artists like Johann and all the old dragonfly artists that used that old sound characteristic.

I am quite surprised to see this party, Elysium and Giotto on the same lineup, wicked! where is this party ? been ages since I saw my friend g8!

This party is just outside of Athens in Eleusina (where the infamous mustical Eleusinian Mysteries used to take place in ancient Greece, supposedly with the use of Ergot "infected" cereal grains).

One of my mates is part of the organising team, he's friendly with the Arkanoydz/Etnicanet crew. However, it is very surprising that they got Kris (Elysium), I thanked him that they managed to get him to play since his appearances are pretty rare and asked him how they managed to... he just said thank you and smiled without saying anything.

I'm actually curious to go and speak with Kris, as we are both old members of Psynews and I know that online he appears to be very strong-headed, although I have a feeling that in person he'll be more complacent.

Would anyone want to ask him or tell him anything in person?

We talk almost on a weekly basis as I've released some stuff for his techno label.

You need to try and understand the person you are talking to and where he is coming from, imo.

He's been at it for decades and has even been included in the Greek billboards in the 90s (I think Israeli as well).

He says what he thinks without adding any "sweetners" but a lot of the times, he is right, besically because he has been around long enough to know better.

Elysium is amazin. His music is very deep and primitive in a way not many other could achieve. I also love his attitude, no frills and great music. The way we should be. Too bad most in this scene thing we should be more frills and less honest.