Label: Sun Station Records

Date: January, 2008

1 We Are Not Who We Are (8:42)
2. Bioware (6:27)
3. Vishnu Avatars (8:57)
4. Night Vision (8:42)
5. In Suspend (7:05)
6. Moscow (6:04)
7. Pan Psychic & Shytan - Picnic On A Roadside (6:34)
8. Pan Psychic & Shytan - Ozone Cloud (6:02)
9. The Last Reality (5:55)
10. Moscow (Remix) (6:57)
11. Zemliane - Trava U Doma (Pan Psychic Remix) (5:20)
I love free stuff.

g1gRNmL.jpg

Really? Just...right up your dress there?
I used to think that you get what you pay for, but Ektoplazm has shattered that myth. That site offers so many gold nuggets for the price of belly button lint that it has become dare I say invaluable. I don't always have the dough I want to spend on CDs so he has become a daily stop along my internet travels. This is the debut of Pan Psychic, but really more of a best of their tracks from 2002 - 2007. Never heard of them except for In Suspend which was on the glorious Human Hyperactivation back in the early days of new school goa trance. They hold the distinction of being the first trance act outta St. Petersburg and I don't mean the one in Florida.
The Russian one has standards.
Unfortunately this also appears to be their last release. They either decided to pack it in or Putin heard them talking about gay sex.
There is something for everyone here from acidic goa trance to the darky darky stuff. Not only that, but they switch styles in the same track. Bioware is soaked with delicious detail and has a little bit of darkpsy and twilight. The title track and In Suspend are quality goa tracks while Ozone Cloud has a drum n bass feel. The Last Reality is a slow churning downtempo piece.
Now I'm not gonna piss on your leg and tell you they are all stellar tracks because they're not (please keep your Russian folk music outta my psy thank you). But this project does showcase their versatility. Also it came at a time where goa wasn't released with the frequency that it is today, so the excitement was there 5 years ago. Still it's worth a listen. So what are you waiting for? Scrape all of that belly button lint outta there and head over to Ektoplazm.
Mdk