Trance2MoveU

UFpatI4.jpg

Artist: Various

Title: MDM 23

Label: Energy StaR Records

Date: May, 1997

1. Total Eclipse - Le Lotus Bleu (remix)

2. Koxbox - Stratosfearless

3. Transwave - Robostyx

4. Indoor - Camel

5. Aeternum - Ensanity

6. Miranda - Labyrinth

7. Koxbox - Fuel On

8. Astral Projection - Maian Dream

9. Orion - Liquid

um6UVmr.jpg

MASSIVE.

DANCE.

MUSIC. *MUSIC...MUSIC...*

You have to say it like you're at a monster truck show to appreciate that joke. Another compilation loaded with some of the best names in old school goa trance. But unless you shit hundred dollar bills you probably ain't picking this one up. What's remarkable about this release (besides the price) is that for some of the artists it isn't the same tracks copy pasted from other compilations. Not Free Lemonade from Total Eclipse, not Rezwalker or Cycles of Life from Transwave, and not Vertigo from Indoor. Nothing wrong with those classics except perhaps overexposure. The tracks that are here aren't weak tea by any stretch.

Fuel On and Stratosfearless (which I have only recently come to appreciate) are monster combinations of goa and psy that constantly evolve. Camel was always interesting to me because as the end approaches the melody turns into something uplifting. Astral delivers a track that isn't Mahadeva or Let There Be Light and Liquid closes things out.

I come from modest beginnings having been taught the value of money so sh*tting hundred dollar bills ain't gonna happen. And if it happens to you first you should sit next to me and have Taco Bell and then you need to get checked out cause that ain't healthy. It's a sold compilation that I would love to have, but I ain't sifting through your lunch to get it.

Mdk