Richpa

For all people who are not familiar with Neogoa, we are a netlabel from Croatia, releasing goa trance and ambient music since late 2010. Our complete discography is released under CC licence and it is available for free download at Ektoplazm. If you're interested to find out more, you can check this link.

In recent months many people asked me why I'm not trying to push some of our music on physical media (CDs). and why some some of our releases aren't available for purchase. Well, the problem is simple - money and resources. I'm basiclly running the complete thing alone, from arranging the deals with artists, doing a track selection (that doesn't count when we're doing collaboration V/A's), doing artworks, promotion (spaming you here on Psynews - included), and the only way I can get some extra money for Neogoa is by doing a CD artworks and flyers for other labels, and that's not enough for my own adventure into pressing a limited number of CD's. But I'm also aware that since 2010 we've published some amazing stuff aswell and recieved awesome feedback, which is not something strange - (to be honest) there is over 19 hours of music released by Neogoa so far so there is enough of the good stuff for everyone. So, i'm now seriously thinking about starting negotiations with labels who are experienced in releasing goa trance music on CD and who are interested in professional collaboration for a eventual re-release of finest Neogoa material (remastered and with brand new artwork) and the only way i'm gonna do it - is to do a selection between our compilations,ep's and albums. So, re-release of material from only one single release isn't a option. My idea is to release one compilation and present 'the best of' material, but with music from various releases from my netlabel. And this is a moment where you can help me out to narrow the selection of the tracks and maybe if I find a serious label who is interested, your opinion guys will be much appriciated and very important for a final selection in the end.

At the moment, there are 146 tracks from more than 60 artists released so far, so please list 9-10 tracks that you find good enough for a CD release and would like to see featured on this compilation. It's not mandatory to order them as they might be on the CD, but that would be really helpful, aswell as your feedback, ideas and suggestion. To make your job a little bit easier, here is a screenshot image of all 146 tracks released by Neogoa; sorted alphabetical with track lenght included. THANK YOU SO MUCH and fingers crossed for (what I hope it will be) 100% pure Neogoa release on CD).

P.S. - Any interested labels can get in touch with me here on Psynews or on Facebook, (but i prefer to have conversations via my email: iparic70@gmail.com) so we can speak about the idea and the details.

Edit - regarding the track samples and previews, you can check them via YouTube (full playlist here) , or just visit Ektoplazm and listen (or download) full tracks. Link here: http://www.ektoplazm.com/profiles/neogoa

• Like 1

Sounds great to me, as I only buy CDs and generally don't download albums. (Even free ones.)

I'm not familiar with a lot of your releases for this reason, so can't comment on track choice right now, but I'll try to check some out and see what's what. :)

Sounds great to me, as I only buy CDs and generally don't download albums. (Even free ones.)

I'm not familiar with a lot of your releases for this reason, so can't comment on track choice right now, but I'll try to check some out and see what's what. :)

I understand and that is one of the reasons why this might be a good idea, to reach people who are into goa trance but they're not following the netlabels and their music that much. Thanks and I hope you'll find and pick the interesting ones.

Thank you Mirza, your feedback is appriciated, as always!

I'm happy to say that in less than 24 hours we got two labels interested and things are now getting a little bit more serious. Ofcourse, there is a huge task in front, especially regarding the track selection and finalizing the details, with labels and with artists, but I'm hoping that this idea and project will be completed in 2014.

Very good idea Richpa, full support! I'm currently compiling a list of my ten favorite tracks on Neogoa. It ain't easy though... Hope to finish it by this evening.

this is awesome idea Ivan, full support! And yes it is really very though task to select only 10 favorite tracks...but something like this would be great to see on Neogoa CD:

Astrancer - Tetragrammaton

Arronax & Somnesia - Black Hole (Extended Trip)

Daimon - Edge Of Darkness

Cosmic Silence - Electric Manna

Sky Technology - Back To The Future

Sky Technology vs Nova Fractal - Dark Energy

GoaTree - The Prayer

Trinodia - Deceive My Eyes

BlackStarrFinale - Icarus One

Sky Technology - Road To Nowhere

:ph34r:

Thanks boys! I already did some selections and now I've got around 50 tracks that I personally find good enough to be presented on 1st Neogoa compilation CD. However, due to a slow process of making this, there will be some other tracks published before we even get the deal done, and that includes our upcoming releases in late 2013 / early 2014, so whenever we get something released, i'll update this topic with new tracks aswell.

Ok, I've made a selection of a couple of the very best tracks released on Neogoa, that would definitely warrant a release on a physical medium.

This list might change over time though.

1. Uth - Distant Instincts

2. Astrancer - Tetragrammaton

4. GoaTree - The Prayer

3. Antares - Xibalba

4. Siam - In Void

5. Lunar Dawn - Future Of Mankind

6. Nova Fractal - Perplexed

7. Arronax & Somnesia - Blackhole (Extended Trip)

8. Trinodia - Lasers and Demons

9. BlackStarrFinale - Is Pause No

10. Menkalian & Goa Human - Spirit Of Life

While writing this down I realized there are too many good tracks released on Neogoa to just make one cd. This tracklist is just an example of what could be compiled from the massive list of Neogoa releases. I would gladly offer my help in the compiling process though ^^

• 2 weeks later...

I got confirmation for this project and I'm happy to say that the product will be delivered in the best possible quality by top-class label! Tomorrow I will post an annoucement with the details regarding this compilation!

I got confirmation for this project and I'm happy to say that the product will be delivered in the best possible quality by top-class label! Tomorrow I will post an annoucement with the details regarding this compilation!

Great news!

So should we put our wishlist here or in that other thread? Anyway, off the top of my head, more to be added once I wade through my Neogoa playlist :)

PharaOm - Cellar Door

Screw Loose - From Fear To Eternity

Uth - Ethereal Dream

BlackStarrFinale - Uyulala

Lunar Dawn - Blessings From Irij

Trinodia - Deceive My Eyes

Antares - Xibalba

Edited by Paul Eye

Sounds a well idea. You've got more than enough top drawer material to choose from.

Here's what I'd like to have included now that you ask:

Antares - Xibalba

Blackstarrfinale - Icarus One/Sagittarius A/Is Pause No/Bonetti Defense

PharaOm - Space Outpost Titan V

Innerself - Modules

Astrancer - Tetragrammaton

Interesting, what about music available only digitally? You're missing bunch of good ones.

i'm more or less the same, although I start to check out digital releases more and more these days... Specially from neogoa & geomantic because indeed... There is great stuff in there and it is good to find about new artists! :)

• 2 months later...