Official "Psynews" outdoor party!

Starkraver

Hi everyone. I was going through the topics & it's a great idea.. We should have an official "Psynews" active/non active party.. What say everyone? Choose a place & day. We have enough amazing ppl on psynews who can play, enough of us left of us to hit the dance floor. Lets make it happen!! Welcome to "India".

There are much higher mountains in Bulgaria but this is one of my favourites. It is one of the steepest mountains in Bulgaria almost completely covered with rocks. I also love the flat meadow in front of it, the distance to the mountain looks tiny yet it is not that close.

It is a great idea.

However, it depends if you want to call it "official" when in the end it might turn out just as a venue of "some members" because everybody might put in his own vote for a location convenient to him/her. I don't want to verbally put it down by any means, I just don't know if the word "official" should be so lightly used.

It would be great to have a member gathering though. The last try for it failed, but it was many years ago ... I'm sure it's possible.

But hey, I'm up for it any time! I am based in Austria, so a party in Vienna would be just right for me -- Vienna also lies relatively in central Europe, so it's good to reach from a variety of countries.

Anyway, that's just more of the above, when I only propose my country for a location :)

All that needs to be done is to cash in money for the location rent (if there is going to be one, but most likely everywhere there is going to be one, otherwise we are in danger of annoying the neighbours) from the people that will arrive beforehand. I said that in another thread already. Not even everybody must pay, just the rent needs to be covered ... and how it is sorted out then at the venue, we will see...

I'm interested what others say about it.

Anyway, that's just more of the above, when I only propose my country for a location :)

don't worry about that. i'd vote for your proposal ;)

seriously, we're from all over the place, probably with larger concentrations around belgium and around the balkans. in all honesty i'm not going to drive all the way up to belgium for a single-night party. a week long festival is something completely different, but i don't see a psynews festival emerging any time soon :)

so, i think there are times when we're not spread out as far and that's festival season. maybe a pre-party to one of the more goa heavy festivals (afaik that's lost theory and sun; i even think they're at the same time the coming year) would be an option? incidentally the place where most people had to pass through would again be vienna :D (yes, i am kidding but there is some truth to that ;))

One Psynews gathering for a party actually did take place once. We met up in London in 2006 to go to the 10 years Twisted Records Label party and lots of members did turn up. Something like that (it doesn't have to be a single party, it could also be a Festival or whatever) would be easier to manage than travelling, meeting up and then organise something by ourselves.

We could also have a webcam group conversation, that way people would get to know each other better and conflicts would be cleared up. We would not talk about the conflicts but we would avoid them, because we would know each member much better.

Well... If you are interested in such a thing, there may be something interesting coming up in Belgium...

31st of April: 10 years Suntrip party (it's a wednesday, but thursday is a holiday in the most of Europe)
2nd of may: Shpongle in Concert in Brussels

So 2 amazing events for all kind of music lovers! :) Maybe more interesting to meet? As music and people can be combined like this :D

I think the idea with the pre-party is actually a good one ... and in that context, I'd be for something such as next years' Ozora or anything like that.

Let's see what it will turn out to be :)