Some artists are just not like others, so it´s with Ott

radi6404

Let´s appreciate Ott in this thread. I think Ott is really an impressive artist and creates the best psydub. There are other psydub albums with great quality, but Ott is another story. I only know few other artists that are cabable to create so powerful and emotional music like him. I don`t know any album from Ott that has bad tracks. Sure, not all tracks of his albums are great, but on every single album he released there are masterpeaces and I really appreciate that a lot.

Tracks like

Squirrel and Biscuits

Rogue Bagel

Smoked Glass and Chrome

And so many more show that Ott is capable of producing art. He is not just a musician but a ture artist. I respect him a lot and after so many years I think he is the best Psydub producer. What do you think about this artist?

To be honest I am not an Ott fan. I like Hallucinogen in Dub a bit, but frankly if I'm going to listen to psy ambient style stuff I just rather listen to Entheogenic, Carbon based life forms or Shulman. Or obviously Shpongle...

For dub stuff I would prefer Desert Dwellers... But yeah I am not so into that style. Respect to the guy though as a great producer and seems like a good dude.

Well I think if artists go bandcamp and press their own cds properly, why not ?

The revenues is direct and I like to support him this way.

He has always been a great producer and he also made some GOLD goa trance, did you know he made THIS? :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QIU2D77WDo

And yes, everything he does as downtempo is really cool.

Let's not forget this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJj_4ir12-w

and this great mix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW1TJ5dvmik

What I love specially about Ott are his strings. They are so unbelievable and out of this planet that I can`t believe what I hear. The strings are frequently used in his tracks and make his stuff great for listening during the evening.

I love his style - positive, twisted fun (+ harmonica! :)).

I find his 'Mir' album more bassy than his other works, there are even few dubstep nods, which I'm not a fan of <_< (on the other hand it has 'One Day I Wish To Have This Kind Of Time' :)), but yeah - he's untouchable.

@Rotwang there is more goa he did.. check the project ECO (tracks like dehli dancer/crowd 9)

He's a great producer and DJ, can get a bit repetitive but nonetheless his work is superb.

He's also a very funny guy... I remembet at a Twisted Records party in London around 2004 (he had long hair and was even chubbier) he was wearing a purple skirt and was eating a plate of pasta while DJing at the chill out... it was a marvel to watch and listent to!!

ott is awesome. I saw his first live show in baltimore Maryland

speaking of twisted artists I think prometheus has some gems too like arcadia magic, taylors machine, sweet tooth, some of his stuff under benji vaughen