Best Progressive Psytrance Albums of 2013

healium

2012 was an epic year for progressive - we had the superb new albums from Beat Bizarre, Atmos, Solar Fields, and Protonica as well as Lyctum, Hypogeo, and Barby debut albums. I'm sure there are others too, but those are the ones I have heard

This year though the only album I have heard in the genre is the excellent effort by Sensient - "Way of the Sloth", which as is usual for Sensient's music, took me awhile to get into.

Any recommendations for 2013 progressive? I see Lyctum has a new album but I haven't heard it..

Lyctum's new album is very good. I would say it's better than his debut. Definitely can hear a difference, has more melody(?). Padmapani already mentioned Ovnimoon, so there's that. I know have some other ones but can't remember them. That's probably my biggest problem, staying up-to-date with the scene, since I've been listening to older stuff. Frost Raven released an album in April, but I've only heard his "Far Away from Home" album and that was pretty good. I know that Liquid Soul is to release an album soon. How about John '00' Fleming? His album isn't just progressive but it had some good tunes. If I remember correctly, when I spoke with Loud they hinted they may release an album either later this year or next year.

The new Ovnimoon is good indeed, much goa-influences. Been diving into the second Lyctum recently and I find it rather enjoyable as well.

Other than these:

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/stereofeld-frequenzwechsel

This is still one of my most-listened albums of 2013. Gorgeous music.

I was wondering about this one:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ovn/ovn1cd070.html

Anyone heard it yet?

The new Ovnimoon is good indeed, much goa-influences. Been diving into the second Lyctum recently and I find it rather enjoyable as well.

Other than these:

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/stereofeld-frequenzwechsel

This is still one of my most-listened albums of 2013. Gorgeous music.

I was wondering about this one:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ovn/ovn1cd070.html

Anyone heard it yet?

only heard samples of solar spectrum, i interested at full album alsom

what was your first ektoplazm link?

Frequenzwechsel by Stereofeld, which is a modern progressive production but more in the vein of early melodic spiral traxx. Groovy yet psychedelic morning goodness! I can't stress enough how good this is (and it's free....).

Oops yea I love the Stereofeld album - I forgot that was 2013 though! That's my favorite psy-progressive so far from this year..

Wow, thanks for the John '00' Fleming "WKO" recommendation! This is a superb artist album - hard to categorize - I'm super impressed by this..

Oops yea I love the Stereofeld album - I forgot that was 2013 though! That's my favorite psy-progressive so far from this year..

Wow, thanks for the John '00' Fleming "WKO" recommendation! This is a superb artist album - hard to categorize - I'm super impressed by this..

Ya, his stuff is pretty good. I've been an avid listener of trance, but I never explored goa/psy (don't know why, just never did) until I listened to J00F's album, got me interesting in psytrance and the rest is history.