Shpongled247

Soooo Gravity, anyone else seen it??

I went to see it at a large 3D cinema recently in London, and was actually a little bit underwhelmed. Not sure what i was expecting exactly, but it was... Just missing something.. Character development maybe, storyline... It was all just so homogenous and pre packaged, you could tell what was happening from the moment the movie started... Very very.. Hollywood..

I was hoping for something a little more "Moon" or Europa Report, not completely given the cast, but .. at least, a tiny bit!

What u guys think?

I'd give it about a 7.3 and fun enough for a 3D movie date. Don't feel like i wasted my time.

I would say "sucker", but my perspective may be different.

Gravity got a huge amount of media attention and had a huge advertising budget before its release, both of which are signs of a standard Hollywood blockbuster.

You either like them or you don't. I never really have so I avoided the movie - maybe I'll see it on cable one day.

I saw Children of Men when it came out in theaters, but that had a totally different vibe to it and hardly any advance media.

From movies you learn that creative people often "cash out" after early success because the money talks.

I liked it, sure, as a true Hollywood movie it had some cliche/cheesy episodes, however overall it was great movie, I enjoyed, especially those parts where debree hits the space station, that speed, action and MUSIC combined is just awesome!

I didn't see much media buzz about this (just regular attention around a movie with big names), it has changed when everyone started praising it.

I liked it a lot, there were some moments viewer could feel like one of the astronauts (I've seen it in IMAX). One of the movies 3D was invented for. That's great such movies could be filmed ad look quite real nowadays.

It was pretty good, but didn't blow me away or anything. I saw it in 3D but only because that's how the timing worked out; I was originally going to go to a 2D showing with friends but we got there late, and the next one was 3D. I don't care about 3D and usually try to watch the regular versions because it's not worth the extra money to me.

The only movie I've seen in 3D where the 3D actually blew me away was Sanctum. That movie was visually amazing. And very uninteresting in terms of story and acting.