Suntrip updates!

Dear Fabien & Joske! Are you still in touch with InnerSpace? He is making some of amazing stuff now. I like his music very much, and expecting on release someday. Hope, on Suntrip. :) :) :)

https://soundcloud.com/inner-space/innerspace_mind-traveling_preview-part-ii

• 3 months later...
Hello - here we are with ALL possible Suntrip updates! :D

First we would like to thank you very much for all the nice words we received for the wondrous Morphic Resonance release! Please don't forget to support the artist. The release is available in a number of stores: The Suntrip Shop - Bandcamp - Psyshop - Goastore - Beatspace ...and every digital distributor too (iTunes, Play, Amazon, Beatport, Spotify....)

The Goa Trance Overview by Suntrip Records

Did you ever wonder how the sales are of goa-labels? How much is digital, how much cd? Is the cd really dying? Are labels struggling?

Suntrip Records opens all his official sales for the public... Have a look & share!

The Boom Tickets

Following the -legitimate- reduciton int he number of sold tickets (from 60000+ in 2014 to 33333 this year) for security and manageability reasons, the Boom was basically sold out before the end of 2015. Belgium is a small country with a big Goa fans base and unfortunately, we only had 40 tickets. A nightmare to explain that to hundreds of frustrated people.

We are going to receive extra tickets but our waiting list is already so long that we're sure they're already all gone...

The Boom Lineup

Boom has decided not to disclose their lineup prior to the start of the festival, but we can announce who is going to play at Suntrip:

Crossing Mind (Live act with live tablet-based soft-synth tweaking)

Filteria (Live act with live synth tweaking)

Anoebis (DJ set)

Oh and I'll put an end to a 19 year old curse and will manage be there too. Don't hesitate to come and say hello.

And what are our future plans ?

I just realized we hadn't communicated over the releases of 2016. Certainly because we were pretty depressed after the terrorist attacks... But you should really know, it's utterly exciting !

June 2016 : "XXXX - Live at Suntrip 10th Birthday, April 2014"

We are working on a yet-secret digital-only release with one artist, on a "Name your price basis". It will be a recorded live-act for the core fans wanting to hear how an artist edits his tracks prior to a live act, and there will be a couple of beta versions of yet-unreleased tracks too !!!

September 2016: "Crossing Mind - Duality"

Stéphane is going to play at the Boom Festival and he's currently polishing again and again a collection of his new tracks ! And we'll release all of them just after!!! Be repapred for some serious psychedelia.

October/November 2016: "RA - Earthcall"

YES, the album title is now chosen, and Ivan 'Richpa' Paric is working on the artwork. AT LAST, RA is going to relase his long awaited 4th album, and it will probably be the last one, and obviously a future instant-classic :)

End 2016 / Early 2017: Imba - "First Encounter", Mindsphere - "Seclusion", Merr0w - "Fractal Octopus", K.O.B. - "Kind Of Behaviour" ?

We have at least 4 releases more or less complete and we're yet unable to tell which one is going to be completely ready first. Imba seems the most advanced at the moment, but Mindsphere's downtempo opus is also pretty much ready.

Besides, Merr0w has a storng album base already, and K.O.B. (Filteria's side project) has delivered us a groovy >1-hour promo.

2017-2018

There will certainly be a new Compilation, the last part of Mindsphere's Mental Triplex, and I can already tell there's a LOT activity in Kumanovo/Macedonia, if you see what I mean...

For those who have been reading us for a long time, there's also an Ethereal album on the shelves, the guys are taking their time, let's be patient...

Have a sunny week-end !

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the conditions weren't met to make music in decent conditions. He's was living in a 25 sq meter appartment with his wife, baby and studio.

Though we had updates once in a while. Tracks were being reworked, chopped, rebuilt, reorganized...

Now they just moved to a bigger place and we can expect more regular updates and improved psychedelia thanks to a more peaceful environment.

So, no ETA at the moment, but this is becoming very positive.

• Like 1

I always think of these artists as, you know, having a better life than I do. Albums released, festivals played, fans eager to buy their next release. When I hear one is living in 25sq metre apartment it really hits home that most of these guys are just normal people with normal day jobs and financial woes. I'm glad you guys are so passionate to put in so much effort into this scene when you must get very little (financially) back.

• Like 2

I always think of these artists as, you know, having a better life than I do. Albums released, festivals played, fans eager to buy their next release. When I hear one is living in 25sq metre apartment it really hits home that most of these guys are just normal people with normal day jobs and financial woes. I'm glad you guys are do passionate to put in so much effort into this scene when you must get very little (financially) back.

This times one million.

I always think of these artists as, you know, having a better life than I do. Albums released, festivals played, fans eager to buy their next release. When I hear one is living in 25sq metre apartment it really hits home that most of these guys are just normal people with normal day jobs and financial woes. I'm glad you guys are do passionate to put in so much effort into this scene when you must get very little (financially) back.

I know some of them sold their PCs, laptops, gears because they didnt have money for food... and then starting over after some time.

Having job and making music is almost impossible, no time, no energy or focus. So if you really want to make music... you must choose music only in most cases. And it's not just produciton, then comes promotion, milion contacts and chats to get something released or get gigs which you depend on. And in most cases that's it, struggling and trying to survive from gig to gig, from release to release. Then after so much time spent you have to accept even minimum fee but at least you get something... and then family, friends, private things. In order to be succesful you have to work 6-8 hours daily on production. It's very hard even without job!

People imagine artists living alone, having fancy places and studios, coke, girls and whiskeys around... actually they are more poor than 'normal people' (speaking of Goa producers)

I am living this 'producers life' for couple of years now and you know what i achieved? Soundcard, laptop, midi and headphones (which i got as gift) since 2008 when i started. And there are loads of more people i know in this situation i wont mention... but they have huge respect from me!

Only pleasure we have is happiness and feedback we get from people on gigs and online, but trust me it's worth it :)

I'm glad that you get some reward from it even if it's not financial. Long may you have the passion to keep going.

This is a reminder to us all to support whatever way we can. Buying releases, going to gigs, or even writing reviews or posting are comments here on the web in an effort to get more people to notice.

Well, the conditions weren't met to make music in decent conditions. He's was living in a 25 sq meter appartment with his wife, baby and studio.

Though we had updates once in a while. Tracks were being reworked, chopped, rebuilt, reorganized...

Now they just moved to a bigger place and we can expect more regular updates and improved psychedelia thanks to a more peaceful environment.

So, no ETA at the moment, but this is becoming very positive.

thanks for the info

good luck to him and looking forward to hear this one

I always think of these artists as, you know, having a better life than I do. Albums released, festivals played, fans eager to buy their next release. When I hear one is living in 25sq metre apartment it really hits home that most of these guys are just normal people with normal day jobs and financial woes. I'm glad you guys are so passionate to put in so much effort into this scene when you must get very little (financially) back.

not too surprised actually

i mean how many goa artists can make decent money - probably not a lot and most of them are the old shcool producers like astral projection and maybe etnica

but goa trance is a niche and i always assumed most artists of todays had a second job

credit to all artists for their work and passion

• Like 1

People imagine artists living alone, having fancy places and studios, coke, girls and whiskeys around...

Sure, if they're imagining Motley Crue in the 80's. I can't believe anyone would think goa producers have lives like that.

• Like 2

I know some of them sold their PCs, laptops, gears because they didnt have money for food... and then starting over after some time.

Having job and making music is almost impossible, no time, no energy or focus. So if you really want to make music... you must choose music only in most cases. And it's not just produciton, then comes promotion, milion contacts and chats to get something released or get gigs which you depend on. And in most cases that's it, struggling and trying to survive from gig to gig, from release to release. Then after so much time spent you have to accept even minimum fee but at least you get something... and then family, friends, private things. In order to be succesful you have to work 6-8 hours daily on production. It's very hard even without job!

People imagine artists living alone, having fancy places and studios, coke, girls and whiskeys around... actually they are more poor than 'normal people' (speaking of Goa producers)

I am living this 'producers life' for couple of years now and you know what i achieved? Soundcard, laptop, midi and headphones (which i got as gift) since 2008 when i started. And there are loads of more people i know in this situation i wont mention... but they have huge respect from me!

Only pleasure we have is happiness and feedback we get from people on gigs and online, but trust me it's worth it :)

dam i thought you would be a coke and midget man for sure!!!!

with headphones on...........

in a great white shark suit!

• Like 1

By the way, Merr0w wrote me, he completed his studio setup in his new appartment and has already sent me a new very good track called Odysseus !!!

He wants to change the album name too, and make it eponymous.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...