Suntrip updates!

• 1 month later...

I realised the news didn't reach psynews yet... But the plans of Suntrip are big this year, as we exist 10 years! :) Because we want to celebrate this year in "style", we decided to make a special 3 cd compilation :) We will come back with the title later... but what we do know is that the 3cds will have the following theme:

- 1 cd pure goa-trance
- 1 cd ambient... (think Opus Iridium!)
- 1 cd Suntrip remixes... Suntrip & other guys remixing other tracks or Suntrip tracks :)

The plan is to release it the 30th of april :) The day we do our official 10 years Suntrip party in Belgium! :)
If you have promo's, don't hesitate to send it :)

Pure Goa trance? Sounds good great coz not a single neo-goa track I've heard to date comes close to the pure goa sound in soul or style of the 90's goa trance.

Where did I write 90s goa trance? :)

As far as I know goa-trance is music: highly psychedelic melodic trance music with a 4/4 rhythm. :) I don't care if it was made in 94, 2000 or 2014. It stays goa-trance. I will never call our music new school or anything like that. I prefer goa-trance as a term, why putting everything in little boxes!?

As for who remixes what? Soon some info about that :) some interesting experiments are happening right now! :)

• Like 1

As far as I know goa-trance is music: highly psychedelic melodic trance music with a 4/4 rhythm. :) I don't care if it was made in 94, 2000 or 2014. It stays goa-trance. I will never call our music new school or anything like that. I prefer goa-trance as a term, why putting everything in little boxes!?

+1

I think this is a big advantage over other genres like dark or forrest. Dark is only dark and hard. But GoaTrance can be dark, light, happy, emotional and so on... this is a big plus. And as a dj we can mix a colorful set with a lot of variety. :)

Good news for the Shakta-fans! We are now discussing an album with Seb Taylor :) It will feature released and UN-released 90s tracks of him :) The unreleaseds are made in the 90s, so don't worry, pure acidic old school goa-trance! :) The releaseds are compiled the TransStellar way... :) Only super rare and hard to get, but musically great nevertheless! :)

Ah yes, and E-Mantra will be available tonight ;)

Where did I write 90s goa trance? :)

As for who remixes what? Soon some info about that :) some interesting experiments are happening right now! :)

Exactly,

Me, I love New School Goa Trance more than Old School : )

Dear Anoebis

I wish to tell you that I meant no offense, just expressing my opinion that to me I have not found a lot of the newer (hence IMO neo) Goa sound contains the exceptionally positive & psychedelic vibes I found in the 90's even in the darker side like Sandman etc. This is not to say I do not enjoy this newer style, I actually have every Suntrip compilation, as well as Cronomi & Sita Records compilations and will purchase all future ones. I think there are significant differences in the styles from the bassline to the sound of a more digital age vs analog age. And yes as a dj/musician/wannabe audio engineer I can hear differences. Again this is not to say any is better than the other, just explaining why I choose to call it neo Goa.

Anyway. Enough is enough. I look forward to the 3xCD release & wish you and you colleague Mars a blessed 2014 :)

^

To many of us in the world of electronic music, especially in the era of internet forums where we can discuss such things to great extent with people from all over the world, it doesn't seem that unusual to group things into micro-genres. But if you think about it in a larger context, 'neogoa' is just the current style of the continuum that is 'goa', which started in the 90's. Sure, we perceive differences in the style of goa between the 90's and today, but as long as we consider them 'goa' in some respect, there's no real point in considering "old school goa" and "new school goa" to be different styles. Because they're just different points on the same trajectory.

Compare it to the history of rock & roll. There are clear differences in style between Elvis in the 50's, Led Zeppelin in the 70's, and Cake in the 90's, but we still consider them all to be rock, just at different points in the history of rock.

And, realistically, if you step outside the microverse of psytrance and look at it from the perspective of the millions if not billions of people who don't listen to goa/psy, goa today really is pretty damned close to 90's goa.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a message to all artists! In 1 week (the 15th of feb) the deadline for our 10 years Suntrip compilation ends... It's a tripple cd, 1 with goa-trance and 1 with ambient! So, if you have great goa-trance & ambient tracks... Don't forget to send them to us! info@suntriprecords.com is the way to reach us!

Stepping away from my comments earlier, can I ask if the ambient cd is gapless or will it be like Opus Iridium? I just fine the "mixed" ones a bit annoying to out in with my general music on laptop/etc. I know it's label choice just though to ask. I'll be buying this no matter what of course!

• 2 weeks later...

BIG GOA NEWS!!! All is official now :) Suntrip Records is happy to announce a new artist album of... SHAKTA!!!! We will release a cd with 7 hard to find/expensive to find vinyl/cd tracks, and 2 unreleased tracks from the 90s, with brand new mastering from the original DAT-files of course!! spin.gif Release date: 2014! :) exact date: unsure :P