Terrafractyl a suitable artist for me?

radi6404

I just found one track of Terrafractyl in my musicarchiv and like it a lot. It sounds very similar to Infected mushroom and is almost the same I would say. it is psychedelic and dreamy just as infected mushrom old stuff. The track is called Milkweed? Are there more such tracks from him? If I would not know it is Terrafractyl I would say it is Infected Mushroom

• Like 1

He's a very nice guy. I'm not a huge fan of his music, I find his bass/kick gets a repetitive for my taste. Definitely not like IM I think.

I have enjoyed his music live a few times but for some reason never at home on the 'phones.

i respect Terrafractyl a lot but simply can't get into his music. bits and pieces grab me, but as a whole i find it a bit meandering. got a jazz feel to it, and i've never liked jazz

i do enjoy this side project of his, Hypnagog

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/hypnagog-dreaming-in-pieces-ep

also another side project called Mental Extensions, https://soundcloud.com/mental-extensions

I just found one track of Terrafractyl in my musicarchiv and like it a lot. It sounds very similar to Infected mushroom and is almost the same I would say. it is psychedelic and dreamy just as infected mushrom old stuff. The track is called Milkweed? Are there more such tracks from him? If I would not know it is Terrafractyl I would say it is Infected Mushroom

Australia's finest producer IMO :)

You should listen to all of Chrysalis from start to finish Radi. It's in my top 5 albums of all time and I prefer it to his newer album.

Has a tonne of his best work on va releases as well though. Search for Brainplant, Asturias, Slipstream and specially Altered Planet.

He did like early infected but imo developed his own sound and musically is far beyond their work. Enjoy :)

i respect Terrafractyl a lot but simply can't get into his music. bits and pieces grab me, but as a whole i find it a bit meandering. got a jazz feel to it, and i've never liked jazz

i do enjoy this side project of his, Hypnagog

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/hypnagog-dreaming-in-pieces-ep

also another side project called Mental Extensions, https://soundcloud.com/mental-extensions

and I just like Jazz and Jazz influences in any music.

@Shpongled247

I am especially interested in the tracks that sound like Infected mushroom.

glad to hear i'm not alone. terrafractyl is like vegetarian food for me, it may be of high quality, but it lacks "meat" :). i have the same feeling about some of the more listenable avant-garde-ish music and indeed some kinds of jazz. so, i don't get it.

somehow terrefractyl is similar to talpa with the integration of non-eletronic music, effects and strangeness. but terrafractyl's musical curry is made with pumpkin, while talpa uses beef :D

I like Terrafractyl's album Electronic Revolution a lot. It does not have much in common with IM for my ears but maybe you still wanna check it out.

somehow terrefractyl is similar to talpa with the integration of non-eletronic music, effects and strangeness. but terrafractyl's musical curry is made with pumpkin, while talpa uses beef :D

:D

I like the 2004 Talpa album "The Art of being Non" most. Radi, you should definetly check it out!

Felix just released this new Terrafractyl mix/demo mix. More of a teaser mix as all tracks only last less than 2 mins. But you can get a feel for his newer stuff. People who thought too jazzy might like as I think it has gotten perhaps a smidge less jazzy over time. Either way its freaking good stuff. Specially should you find yourself in the Australian bush land on a dancefloor as the sun is coming up someday ;) Pure joy yupp.

http://soundcloud.com/terrafractyl/flying-psychedelic-dinosaur

• 2 weeks later...

He is one of my favorite artists currently. All of the qualities (not enough catchy hooks, too much like Jazz) people listed as their reasons for not liking his music are pretty much the exact reasons I enjoy it. Music that "meanders" holds up a lot better with repeated listens IMO. Then again I am someone who enjoys a lot of Jazz and Classical music (I do enjoy a lot of "catchy" music too though).

I do see some similarities with early IM, but I really think he has his own sound for the most part (another reason why I love his music)

and I just like Jazz and Jazz influences in any music.

I am especially interested in the tracks that sound like Infected mushroom.

Dude, have you ever heard Procs?

You might die on yourself of happiness.

It is amazing and jazzy'ish imo. http://www.discogs.com/Procs-Touchdown-In-Hizzytown/release/4063937

Very full though, and check out those basslines! omg

Me as well. IM4Life.

I also never really got that into Terrafractyl's tracks. But I'm very much open for convert-ion.

Speaking of similarities; The lead, that appears in Talpas "My Kindom" reminds me a lot of Dracul.

Btw, the Talpa Album "When The Somberness Becomes A Game" is also worth to listen. I really like the last 5 Tracks, the laughing filter is amazing. :D

Terrafractyl is one of my favorite producers. What strikes me is that he is consistantly pushing the boundaries of what is musically acceptable. If you are looking for someone who fits the mold on what a typical psytrance producer should be, you will not find that. This is intelligent music that makes the brain work a bit more to comprehend. Generally uses some thought provoking samples, but doesn't quite break the proverbial "cheesy" line. Also incorporates lots of classical and jazzy elements into his sounds and is primarily melodically inclined.

Check his new label Kinematic Records for other sounds he endorses. There are some very good releases on it.
www.kinematicrecords.bandcamp.com

• 1 month later...