A goa Trance explanation site, any support?

radi6404

You wanted to do this already with youtube videos, as you mentioned in another thread. Stop arguing in the forum and just do it. Stop always talking the talk, but start walking the walk. My 2 cents.

I can`t do it unfortunately because I have no loudspeakers. If I had loudspeakers I could talk and then play a song. This can be done by software aswell but would be cooler to be done life.

This idea however is much better. A dedicated site with amazing design and very detailed explanation about goa trance, it can make some people like the music.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought such a site would be appreciated since it will explain the different feelings youget with goa trance

No, it will explain the different feelings you get with Goa trance.

I can`t do it unfortunately because I have no loudspeakers. If I had loudspeakers I could talk and then play a song. This can be done by software aswell but would be cooler to be done life.

What? No, I'm pretty sure it would better if you added the music in software rather than sending it out of a speaker and back into a mic. The latter can only reduce its quality.

It is not only me who is getting certain feelings with certain songs. It is defined by many people and that is why that stays. It is not important what psynews people say in 2013 here on psynews. I have read psytrance forums for many times and music was always described similar. Astral Projection has always been regarded as happy, energetic and uplifting, hallucinogen has been regarded as twisted dark and mystic, Electric Universe has been regarded as hypnotic, melancholic and energetic. So if there are a few exception here and there they are just that, exceptions. I wil base my descriiptions on the mass and which descriptions I´ve read about their descriptions of certain songs.

ok radi, im going to say this as nicely as i possibly can, im not trying to be mean or hurtful.

you do not know enough about the music to put such a site together. a site like you envision requires an objective outlook and a superior knowledge of the subject, you have neither. i mean really...you would put hallucinogen in the "dark" section? and why on earth would you put dark and mystic together? "mystic" psytrance? sounds redundant if you ask me.

there is absolutely nothing wrong with liking the artists you like, but radi...you have a very narrow idea of what is good. i mean really...you could take most of the artists you listed and put them all into the same category, there is very little variation in overall style in the artists you mention, and youve placed them all in seemingly arbitrary categories.

again...im not trying to say anything mean here. i wouldnt be able to put a site like that together either. i may (MAY...probably not) have the knowledge, but i certainly dont have the objectivity. you need both for sure for a site like that to be of any use to anyone.

It is not about descibing the styles. i wont define it as styles but as feelings. People who want emlancholic feelings clikc that link, people who want happy music click the other link. I wont refer to styles as they are real styles since goa trance in itself is very varried and different. In my opinion the artists awake different feelings and moods which would be the main goal, not the real styles that exist. Goa trance has not different styles that are known to me, only oldschool and newschool are the familiar variations to me.

so were back again to your personal opinions about a small sampling of artists. explain how this would benefit anyone. what im asking is why would i want to go to a site to see "which artists make radi feel which emotions"?

people dont need other people to tell them what to feel when they hear music.

i can tell you right now...what you will put in the "dark/mystical" section is not at all what i would consider dark or mystical. in fact i very well might find the things you consider dark/mystical to be funny and trite.

This post shows that you are not capable of reading what I am writting. I said that I will list artists and albums not only based on my personal experience but based on opinions on psynews and other forums. I have talked about goa trance and certain albums and artists in Isratrance earlier aswell and many came to same conclusions about the same artists. Anyone regarded Astral projection uplifting, Hallucinogen was always regarded as dark and very magical. It is not only what I feel about the music, humans are not that different and react in a similar way to similar music because of instincts and other things. It is not that I am a stranger who percepts everything differently to anyone else. The goal of the site is anyway to give people a general impression and first introduction in goa trance. If you don`t agree with what I type you are free to give other ideas, but telling me such a site is worthless is lame.

It is good to deliver additional information about goa trance that goes further than the limited information on wikipedia.

Then find another definition which explains the album "Lone Deranger" better. Man, you are free to give it up. I have the impression tha whatever I do is wrong in the community here and everything others say is right. Some users here just have the need to pick on any idea I come with and are not even able to give better ideas. As far as I know education has general principles, one of them is that someone can only e critizised if someone else has better ideas, but only critizising and not being able to add anything is lame.

Really, after all this commends I more and more undersand users like Elysium and Chirs. The community just continues until some people finally go, but those people did not go in peace, those people went with an explosion.

It is not long before I explode aswell

a term for the lone deranger thats more apt than "dark"? ok how about "typical"?

people pick on your ideas because you set up posts like this asking them to. if you dont want to hear about it, then dont ask. you didnt ask for better ideas...you asked us if we liked your idea....and it seems we dont. thats not our fault. if everyone is constantly criticizing your ideas you can do a couple of things about it:

1. stop asking people what they think of your ideas.

2. (and this is the one i would suggest even though i cant really see you doing it) take a look at your ideas and try to see the common thread that people dont like about them, then adjust accordingly.

theres no need to get all confrontational and dramatic about it. i have lots of ideas everybody hates. i dont care. i also dont go around asking people what they think of my ideas and then get buthurt over the answers. maybe you just need to stop looking for outside validation for things...that never works out anyway. just do what you want.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goa_trance

Its already been done, by Wikipedia and numerous other sites. I recall Basilisk at Ektoplazm had a good list of such things at one point, along with numerous other sites. Making a site, "explaining" goa trance, is not going to make more people like it! I admire your dedication though!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goa_trance

Its already been done, by Wikipedia and numerous other sites. I recall Basilisk at Ektoplazm had a good list of such things at one point, along with numerous other sites. Making a site, "explaining" goa trance, is not going to make more people like it! I admire your dedication though!

I think I´ll do it anyway when I have the mood for it. I will show the reuslts here.

Ok, I find a proper program and am working on the page.

If I manage to upload the site the site will look so impressive and colorful that anyone will start listening goa trance lol.

The program is even able to include HTML 5 audio. Am I able to give previews to goa trance or do I have to ask each artist for linking previews.

Ok, I find a proper program and am working on the page.

If I manage to upload the site the site will look so impressive and colorful that anyone will start listening goa trance lol.

The program is even able to include HTML 5 audio. Am I able to give previews to goa trance or do I have to ask each artist for linking previews.

what will you call it?

Maybe

Goa Trance information site - Everything you have to know about goa trance

The program I found is so powerful, that I can make a page that looks very astonishing.

It will have similar colours as RTP theme on this forum, however the background colours will be a bit more into the direction of purple. Lot´s of transparency and other effects will be used on the webpage.

Hey, radi, you should think about one of those free blog sites like Wordpress or Blogspot. This idea sounds like good territory for a blog. There's already lots of sites out there trying to be an all-encompasing, objective database.

What do you expect? You made it very clear that you are not interested in any honest replies or real advice for your page. You just want praise to push your ego.

What are you taling about? I did not get even one single advice, the only advices I got were to quit and not make a site at all. That is not an advice if you ask me. I don`t want to push my ego, but I think a little respect would be nice if I try to create a site where I inform newcomers about goa trance. Also I did not only want to hear praise, I just wanted to hear some thoughts about it, about the design. If it is good or if it isn`t that good, but no. Either I hear negative commends or no commends at all, in my opinion that is not advice and has nothign to do with pushing my ego.