A goa Trance explanation site, any support?

radi6404

I am planning to create a site specially for goa trance. I want to create a site with really lots of pages with content about goa trance.

The site should describe goa trance in general and how it alters the mood and feelings and why it is so good.

It will have explanations of different styles of goa trance (different moods like melancholic, uplfiting, morning, aggressive...) and artists who have created tracks in that style

It will have explanations of some big artists and why they are woth listening

The site will not have big biography of artists or party talk. It will be focused on the music and why it is so great.

I am opening this thread in order to ask, if anyone wants to support me, for example provide some webspace. It would be a great thing if anyone provides the webspace and the forum is mentioned in the site.

Maybe I´ll need help in creating it, since I have no clue about HTML, only some basics, which is why I will use graphical editors.

I will deliver the content and the content should not change a lot except correcting spelling and grammer.

What do you think about this idea, is anyone interested?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah, isn`t it strange that noone answers in this thread? I don`t want to grab anyones money and allready have plans for doing it myself. I just opened the thread to ask what others think about and if somoene wants to support me in some way. Writting the proper content is not difficult for me and I can deliver lot´s of good content. It is important to make goa and psychedelic trance more popular so on that page I will try to inform people and make them listen to that stuff. We will see if it works. A great thing would be to link them to this forum so the community gets bigger.

Just because nobody replied to you in one day you don't need to bump again... remember this from past few hours:

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php/topic/67520-the-forum-is-still-quite-inactive/

I don't want to sound harsh but i believe you are not experienced enough. You are not longer on scene, i would understand if someone who follow it since mid 90s to have this idea. Just let me know your parties/festivals history?

Explainations should be based not just on personal taste or opinion, but much more professionality. You will need much stories from known and older artists also, which you are not in contact...

Focusing on 10-15 artist is not enough too. You need to explore for few months or years to learn more if you want to do something.

I had idea to make smiliar thing but i know i am not well experienced too.

Don't go mad now. It's only my opinon ;)

Well I can still do it onl ym own webspace then. I don´t think I have to be that experienced since I know a lot of the important artists and their tracks. What stories are you talking about by the way? When I ask for some opinions on goa trance and what people feel for this or that track, where they go when they listen to this or that I get a few unexplaining words that say, "that track puts in into space" or I see psychedelic colors when listening to it"

For a webpage the explanation for one good album has to be a whole page at least.

I am not interested in parties and do not connect them to the music. Parties are important but I don´t have big desire to go to a party mainly because of the extreme volume that ruins my ears. Parties and partytalk are in my opinion at least not that important to get new listeners to goa trance.

But ofcourse you have the right to share your opinion and you are right that I don`t have that much experience. My goal is to make a site where I explain why psychedelic and goa trance is worth listening and that it puts you into a state of trance. The main goal is to get a bigger audience listen psychedelic trance and ambient if possible.

who is your target audience? the psytrance scene is so small now, with very little influx of new listeners. most people who might be interested already know the information or already have a way to get it. even the ones who are new already know people who could give this information.

as you pointed out in the other thread...its not even very active here...which is where i would tell people to go to look stuff up.

"It will be focused on the music and why it is so great."

thats what ears are for. why would they even be at your site if they didnt already like the music?

sorry man...i think youre at least 10 or 15 years late for this....i just dont see the point.

I mainly wanted to create it for fun and in order to make a site that looks great. you forget in your post that some people search for trance, regular trance or the act trance. When they enter my page because of some keywords they will read about goa and psytrance, try the music out and maybe stay. That is a chance.

"you forget in your post that some people search for trance..."

do they? i dont think so.

but whatever...if you want to make a site...go for it...good luck.

you do realize youre asking for a lot?...free hosting...help with the creation of the site itself. all for a site that not many people at all will visit. im all for you making such a site if thats what you want to do, but i wouldnt count on too many people giving their time and resources for it. maybe im wrong, but you may want to start reading up on how to make websites yourself.

We're planning to re-lunch goa database and info site that Neogoa was in the first place, but it will take some time to collect, edit and prepare all the content. Ofcourse, we gonna deal with so-called newschool goa only.

Then I should probably try it alone. I thought such a site would be appreciated since it will explain the different feelings youget with goa trance and which artists and compilations are recommended. Except wikipedia there is nothing like that on the whole internet so this would make a great addition to Wikipedia.

How you described it in your last posts it sounds like a site with reviews. Not that there is something wrong with that but you have a huge database of reviews here and then there's the psyreveiws page.

There is no need to ruin any idea of making that music more important. I probably should fuck it all up and right away open soulseek and download any track possible. If you are not in the mood to support the artists, I am.

It wont be reviews about albums, it will be a site describing goa trance and listing similar albums so that newcomers finally can easily find out similar albums to each other. I will put it into uplifting trance, morining trance, melancholic trance, dark/mystic trance and probably other categories. Then I will also explain what the artists have done and why it is worht to listen to them. I will post one page that I have created a month ago that I imagine can be one of the top pages.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=950C76653A127509!375&authkey=!ACw2BFVWVE5ZeiA

https://skydrive.live.com/?mkt=de-DE#!/view.aspx?cid=950C76653A127509&resid=950C76653A127509!375&app=WordPdf

this text, edited a bit can be used for the first page after a big welcome headline.

After that text the site can provide links to the certain moods of gao trance. Uplifting, melancholic, dark/mystic, aggressive and others. On the left side of the side there can be a menu where the user can choose between the explanations, popular artists, popular albums and others, this can be either on the left or on the top. Also on the left or on the top there can be descriptions about the technical side to goa trance, pictures of coverarts and parties, sound samples and maybe whole tracks and links to videos and other sites, the link of psynews can be included aswell.

Because I'm not head over heels about your idea I'm automatically not in the mood to support artists? Quite a strange analogy and btw why is it so important what I or anybody else here think about your idea? And if it is so important what we think then why dot you get mad about our honest opinions instead of either explain what's the point or think about them? Either you do it because you like it or you don't but that's it imho.

Instead of emidiatelly commenting negatively people can ask about details or plans and about a writting sample. I loaded up my writting sample that can be used on the first page like that. You can also open the writting sample and read what I am trying to do and then judge whether the idea is good or not. There is no such thing as the site I am trying to open. The side should have great colours and make people feel well when they browse it. It should be like a book that explains the music and why it is so good (without commenting on parties since I have no clue about it)

The difference between that site and the reviews here will be that everything will be structured and linked up properly so the user find what he is looking for in a few seconds and doesn´t have to browse any album or artist in order to find what he is looking for.

It wont be a database that will cover any album. It will be structured as mentioned above

Uplifting trance

description of artists and albums

Astral Projection, Indoor

deeply melodic trance

Etnica, Pleiadians

melancholic trance/ hypnotic trance

Electric Universe, Boris Blenn, Oforia, Power Source, Transwave

aggressive trance

MFG,

dark/mystic trance

Hallucinogen The lone Deranger

old sounding trance

Ayahuasca, youth, Voodoo people, Genetic, Total Eclipse

Dragonfly Order Odonata Series

Some artists will appear in several genres since not all of their albums are melancholic or uplifting. There will be many more artists as the ones I listed here but I used them jsut to give you an example.

Seperately I plan to link important artists and albums additionaly

Ok, thanks for the info. How big (as in how many artists will be featured) do you plan the site to be?

I don`t know. I will list many known goa trance artists and probably list some ambient artists.

If I create the site I will mention

Astral Projection, Hallucinogen, Electric Universe, MFG; Oforia, Transwave, Etnica, Pleidaians, Indoor, Power Source, Youth, Voodoo People, Genetic, Elysium, Shpongle, Total Eclipse, Ott for sure

Other artists I may mention are

Psysex, California Sunshine, Infected mushroom, S.U.N. Project

Newschool artists I may mention

Imba, Ethereal, Terrafractyl, Goasia, Nova fractal, E-mantra

List you want mention is just 5% of all old school, where are others?

Aren´t you able to write or what? I said that are not all artists I will include, that is just a list I made out after Tatsu asked.

Ofcourse other artists will be included aswell like

Green nuns, Tristan, Psychaos, Man with no name, Sandman and Witchcraft, Miranda and others

I will not cover all artists.