The forum is still quite inactive

radi6404

Unbelievable, sometimes noone posts for 5 hours or more. This si something that would not have happened during the psynews years. This is really unbelievable and show this forum is inactive. Not many new members register altough Annoebis told he will try to make the forum more popular.

Uh, you should really get a reality check. The scene is very small, the music is very niche and what little we have is spread out pretty evenly. So no, 5 hours for a reply is nothing. I'm not even surprised when threads go without a single reply completely, because that's just how it is. Then there's the whole fact not everyone is interested in what another writes. This isn't a daycare forum either, a lot of(From what little there is) people have limited time to browse around.

You want a very active music community, which might be interested in discussing Bulgarian mountains in great depth with posts every hour? You might want to look at other genres altogether, but if it comes down to something specific, you're quite SOL regardless.

I also realize psynews was a lot more active during earlier years, but this is how it goes for a lot of things. Forums like these in general have gotten less active over the years for various reasons, be it uprising of things like reddit, or social media in general. There will always be demand for something like Psynews, sure, but for a smaller audience. I'm not saying it couldn't be more active, but right now this is what it is and expecting what you are expecting is extremely unrealistic.

I told him many times that forum can't be like chat, reply every minute or so. People are busy with daily life and personal stuff and they don't wanna leave something important just to spend time to read and reply everthing. As much as i like Psynews and enjoy here and i believe most active people here... sometimes i am just to lazy to read something. Actually i don't open 70% of new topic to read, just because subject doesn't seems interesting to me. Even if i read sometimes i am also lazy to post anything or i just don't have nothing 'smart' to say so i leave it as i suggested to you too.

If you really just want to write non-stop, then visit some IRC rooms and talk until you collapse or some warez and geeks forums with millions of users... but be realistic. I agree with Penzoline even if i hate him most of time for no reason lol

While reading Radi post in same moment i got this one on my mind:

• 3 weeks later...

I would enjoy to open more topics about Boris Blenn and other memorable artists, but thethreads would not recieve much feedback anyway, however I can`t be dissapointed with the feedback in the Elysium thread, that thread receved several posts. It is always good to see people when people contribute in these interesting discussions about those gifted artists.

I don`t see this forum becoming more active again. It is really on a low these days, sometimes 8 hours can pass without one post in the general section or in the offtopic section. I see that I have to look for other places and people to discuss goa trance. I allready found a few but I find it a big shame that after all the efforts the forum did not get more popular.

To be honest Radi, you're the main reason there's a lot of topics I don't want to comment in because:

1. You can not argue. Everything is written in stone for you. It's fine by me if people behave like that, I'm just not going to interact with them.
  2. You keep hammering about the same 5 artists. I know they're good, I love them too, I have many albums of them but I come here to discover new things, not beat dead ponies.
  3. You take offense like a 6-year old. I like to laugh with people, not taking everything serious. It takes all the fun out of interaction. For me, you take all the fun out of interaction.
  4. You always complain about people not taking anything serious you say. I wouldn't take anything serious you say either, so I choose not to react to you.
  5. You do not learn. Your behaviour is always the same. That's boring.
  • Like 1

There are many people with whom I have funa dn enjoy talkinga bout goa trance so I am wondering who is wrong, me or the other users of psynews? I guess both of us, since you know that when there is trouble mostly both parties have some fault.

You say I talk only of old artists. I am free to talk to a lot different artists old or new but I am just no that pleased with newschool goa trance. For me there is not even enough talk of oldschool goa trance.

Another strange thing you mentioned is, that I behave the same. So I have to adapt in order to suit your rules of society? In my opinion you have to adapt a bit and I have to adapt a bit. My behaviour is not entirely wrong and yours not entirely right. I am tired of hearing how I have to adapt and get down to the behaviour of everyone else instead of being an individual and being different just like goa trance people. If I don`tplay the game with certain kind of humour, certain kinds of expressions and certain believes I am the one who has to adapt. I don´t entirely think so.

And you are right with that thinking. But you don't seem to get that same as you are free to behave as you like (to a certain extend, like within the forum rules for example) the people here are free too. Free to not respond to topics they don't care for, free to ignore people the can't get along with and also ignore their threads, free to not post in threads about the same artists they know allready for 10 or 20 years, or even free to generally ignore off topic.

• Like 1