Tips for making a bassline sounding like this

Hey guys !!! Long time no topic started so. I'm back at making music again :) Well , I am looking for that Sub6 style in terms of the nice basslines sounding like a saw+sine ? Am I right ? And second , how do I make this ? Any tips guys ? Let me know if there is any good tutorials or something covering the Circle synth too ? I have a couple other vst's as well... Have a nice day !

Set your synth to retrigger mode. Choose your waveform of choice, usually saw or square/pulse. Use an envelope to modulate a low pass filter cutting out the frequencies over time. Try overdriving the filter if you have that capability, add some compression if needed. It would help if you posted an example of what you you're looking for. I'm kinda guessing here.

Try Sub6 - Buttersonic , Sub6 - Program Flies , there was a couple of other songs by other artist too. But I can't remember them at the moment , but the bass in these 2 songs is what i'm looking for :) . Thanks for the tips aswell , gonna try some soon .. Just relaxing and finding some creativity =) .

layering. in program flies the bass there consist of at least 2 (i think sometimes 3) layers. i don't have my headphones here now, but the lower layer sounds like a saw filtered down nearly to a sine, the middle one is probably the usual psy bass but with a very short decay, so it sounds more percussive than anything. and later in the track there comes a third layer, that's acutally more a lead sound than a bass. this one's a detuned saw with effects on the top (distortion, maybe filter fm, something else?) and a huge stereo width.

Ohh thank you so much for that info/speculations , really appreciate it. As I'm really getting better with getting the bass sounding better and better I could never get enough knowledge right now. And by saw filtered down to a sine , you mean with the cut-off on that osc ? And by the way , I'm thinking of rendering down one layer in mono , and should I just put one layer on top that in stereo ? I understand that is many ways of layering , I'm googling much and gather info . But I'm afraid that I don't try as much on my own though..... :)

layering. in program flies the bass there consist of at least 2 (i think sometimes 3) layers. i don't have my headphones here now, but the lower layer sounds like a saw filtered down nearly to a sine, the middle one is probably the usual psy bass but with a very short decay, so it sounds more percussive than anything. and later in the track there comes a third layer, that's acutally more a lead sound than a bass. this one's a detuned saw with effects on the top (distortion, maybe filter fm, something else?) and a huge stereo width.

And what do you think about the sub6 style , just curios. I just love the bass and the electro feeling in that album... The best album by them in my opinion. And my aim is not of course just emulate their sound , not only because it's impossible . But I'm definatly influenced by this ever since =)

Ohh thank you so much for that info/speculations , really appreciate it. As I'm really getting better with getting the bass sounding better and better I could never get enough knowledge right now. And by saw filtered down to a sine , you mean with the cut-off on that osc ? And by the way , I'm thinking of rendering down one layer in mono , and should I just put one layer on top that in stereo ? I understand that is many ways of layering , I'm googling much and gather info . But I'm afraid that I don't try as much on my own though..... :)

welcome, try it out but don't take by word for it, i can't hear all the details i'd want to be hearing for this without my headphones.

either cutoff or eq. both work. it depends on where you want more control. the time dimension or the exact curve. i'd use an eq usually, but kinda suspect that it's the cutoff here, idk why...

yes, certainly keep the lower part(s) in mono. actually that's the numer one reason i use layering on by basses. you can give the upper layer stereo width and modulation for a fat sound while keeping the low end stable and clean.

i know that too well, you can learn a lot by reading up about production, but you can also waste a lot of time you could have used more productively in the daw :)

And what do you think about the sub6 style , just curios. I just love the bass and the electro feeling in that album... The best album by them in my opinion. And my aim is not of course just emulate their sound , not only because it's impossible . But I'm definatly influenced by this ever since =)

to be honest i'm not that excited about it. for progressive i prefer the pure psy sound with atmosphere like ovnimoon, e-clip or zen mechanics, but my true love is goa :wub: .

Yeah , good insight. I'm going to experiment more this weekend for sure. Gonna throw away my internet so I can focus on my work (!). Hehe ok, yeah I really like ovnimoon and zen-mechanics too as I also do like goa. I made a pretty cool riff yesterday, maybe should put some work in to that too.. But im focusing alot on the sound and re-learning some things again.... Thanks again and good night =D