Winter goa trance

radi6404

So now that we have November the sky became differently and looks more like winter right now. November, December, January, and February are pretty cold months in the northern hemisphere at least so there is some kind of music that fits very well for it. It is fresh msuic imo that fits well like.

Astral Projection - Triptomine Dream

Astral projection - Unbelievable Technology

Astral projection - Another World

Astral Projection - Aqualine Spirit

Hallucinogen - Soothsayer Remix

But also ambient and chill stuff like

Ott - Hallucingoen in dub

Lunar Sound - Electric Plants

http://www.discogs.com/Lunar-Sound-Electric-Plants/master/346620

those tracks are great to listen in the night and since the winter has more of the night than of the day they fit very well. They are fresh and atmospheric soundng just like a beautiful day in late autmn or winter.

What are your favourite winter trakcs?

During the cold days, especially in late autumn and early winter I enjoy some drone and post-black metal stuff alongside with ambient music from labels such as Ultimae or some minimalistic music from Zenon. Regarding the goa trance, well I like it during the hot days, but it doesn't suits perfect for the cold days that much as stuff mentioned above. A matter of taste i guess.

I am really happy that some think similar to me. It is good to know that some think some artiss fit for winter and are cold and not everything about goa trance has to do with space, because most people describe goa trance as being spacey and reminding them of space and stars, while for me not a lot of goa trance reminds me of inhospitable space. Some tracks give me colours and feelings like on different planets i.e. Mars, but not really space.

I prefer scandinavian goa for winter... not sure if is because scandinavia is north and a lot of winter time but... i enjoy: Miranda, Ethereal, EDP, Dreamweaver, Ypsilon 5, Summamutikka, RA, Trinodia, Elyisum/Sheyba... I would add E-Mantra and MWNN too, Hallucinogen, Imperial Project :excl:, my own music...

Mostly Miranda going on repeat every day :lol:

I prefer scandinavian goa for winter... not sure if is because scandinavia is north and a lot of winter time but... i enjoy: Miranda, Ethereal, EDP, Dreamweaver, Ypsilon 5, Summamutikka, RA, Trinodia, Elyisum/Sheyba... I would add E-Mantra and MWNN too, Hallucinogen, Imperial Project :excl:, my own music...

Mostly Miranda going on repeat every day :lol:

certainly miranda, etheral e-mantra, elysium or ethereal, but ra and mwnn are definitely sommer music for me :)

but actually i listen to quite a lot of psytek in winter (someting i hardly do in summer). the driving beat gives me the energy i need to fight the urge to go to sleep and hibernate ;)

certainly miranda, etheral e-mantra, elysium or ethereal, but ra and mwnn are definitely sommer music for me :)

but actually i listen to quite a lot of psytek in winter (someting i hardly do in summer). the driving beat gives me the energy i need to fight the urge to go to sleep and hibernate ;)

I fully agree about Elysium. I don`t know how I could forget about him since his sound is dark, atmospheric and fits great in the winter. Especially some chilly evenings with dimmed light are great with Elysium, but also during the day Elysium is incredible.

I aso agree that MWNN is summer music, for me he sounds very summerish, especially the later albums.

I aso agree that MWNN is summer music, for me he sounds very summerish, especially the later albums.

certainly, but i'm not sure if my association of mwnn with summer doesn't stem from regularily hearing him play live for the last few (or should i say many) years at ozora/sun at the hottest time of the year :)

other artists than imho fit nicely to cold weather are eat static, aeternum and the infinity project. chi-ad is divided between winter tracks (the whole anno domini album) summer tracks (biocandy, eye am the i, ..), and bpc is great for every season :)

I absolutely agree on that one aswell. It seems like people who have lived at the area of southern Germany and Austria experience similar weather effects and sky so they can get similar moods. The Infinity Project and Eat Static are incredible for winter, aetemum aswell. you have great taste, Padmapani.

RA and MWNN... yeah for summer are good because is mostly bright music but i also need that brightness for depressive gray skies of autumn/winter... but when is snow... it's even better! :D

PS. I noticed i started to listen late 90s / early 00s psytek/psyprog again... last year was same.. I don't like it over summer but for winter great!

Some warm winter chillin' with CBL :D (their 2 first albums preferably) and I love that excellent cd by this Polish artist whose artist name i just can't recall at this moment ... <_<-_-:unsure::wacko::blink: ...... damn I hate this! .... sorry will update on that later ....

Sundial Aeon - ....