Tell us which Album/Compilation/Ep was to blame for you to love Goatrance.

Wamphyri

Well.... I remember it like it was yesterday. During a "acid-drenched evening-night-morning" a friend showed me this "Trance dance music" as he called it.

It was the first: Concept In Dance compilation, Order Odonata 1 and TanTrance 1.... It was like i have awaken and understood the sounds. I was reborn.

It was in 1995. Later i discovered: TIP Yellow, Pulse1, Juno Reactor - Transmission & Heavy Mental comp. on Polytox recs.... and the rest is history!! :wub:

Psygone - Twisted Minds and Outer Limits were the tracks that did me in. I heard these on AIM's radio app on the trance channel when trying to find music I like. I never had a favorite anything before, just knew I liked some electronic when I heard it throughout my life. Eventually those two tracks played with a few other goa tracks. My passion was then ignited. I have the original note list with the track names I wrote down but couldt find it just now.

maxresdefault.jpg

It showed me that trance didn't have to be so squishy and euphoric. It was intense and ethnic, melodies from places I've only dreamed of visiting one day.

Psygone, Colorbox, Bypass Unit. F*cking Danish hat trick.

After that it was all over. If I could have I would've punched Oakenfold and Van Dyk right in the face.

Mdk

Must have been the "Abstract Phaze" compilation (Matsuri rec) and the "Dance, trance & magic plants" on Transient. If I remember correctly those were the first CDs I bought, too. Sometimes I'd really like to reset my mind and discover this whole world of magic and mystery again and again. Oh what a time it was... :)

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Dance-Trance-Magic-Plants-Otherworld/release/52155

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Abstract-Phaze/release/183452

First buys were VA - Traveling & VA - Distance to goa 3 .... I was hooked from the start ....

One of the tracks I remember listening to almost compulsively at that time (1996), was Hallucinogen's - Snarling black marble (Twisted version!!)

We put a pillow between 2 boxes and took turns just lying there and listening to it .... :P ..... hahaha .... those were the days indeed!

• 2 weeks later...

Let me quote myself from this thread:

My psychedelic adventure started back in 1995/1996 when I had my first experience @ the classic (now defunct) Aalborg-based psy-club Club Nuclear ...
2587.gif
I started frequenting that club whilst taking an interest in the music also... I slided slowly into electric music, and my first love was "rave/acid/clubtrance" - from there I slowly slided further on into psy-trance... My first purchase was either Man With No Name - Moment Of Truth or one of the Destination Goa compilations... I vividly remember all the parties @ Club Nuclear and later on Candy Club in Aalborg's famous bar-street Jomfru Ane Gade... On of my fondest party-memories from back then was Koxbox in a big abandoned warehouse on the harbour of Aalborg back in 1997... Happy days...

club.gif

I haven't been a serios record collector that long though... Since 1999 or something like that... And I'll never get tired of this scene... Never! ;o)

DeathPosture

I've heard Goa stuff early in age but never knew what it was. Fast forward to earlier this year, I get introduce to some "strange and weird sounding trance" by some folks. I got interested and I was recommended to listen to some Astral Projection. So I got Trust in Trance 1 and later Man With No Name's Moment of Truth.

CS1246900-02A-BIG.jpg

00-va_-_trust_in_trance_vol.1-1994-front

I have skipped all the replies will read them in a bit.. The Album that got me into Goa? Dance Trance, Magic Plants/ Otherworld

Or was it RTTS Chakra Journeys....hmm....

• 2 weeks later...

For me it was really early : i saw the words "trance zone" in the 2 unlimited - tribal dance videoclip in 1993 and it tantalized me.

In 1996 i bough my first trance compilation on what was the public equivalent of the internet - in france we had the "minitel" a public private network. I ordered "Made in Trance 1" wich was quite weak but i was into the future...