Is telepathy possible

radi6404

no. this is science, but it has nothing to do with telepathy. it's an abstraction/thought experiement and the "alice" and "bob" given in the example cannot be people.

I'm not saying that this is telepathy, but the fact that a quantum game theory phenomenon is called quantum pseudo-telepathy is more than interesting.

If telepathy is outside the scientific field only science itself can answer that. And for that to happen it means that telepathy must be researched using scientific methods.

What you're claiming is that telepathy is pseudo-science, so science should not bother with researching it. But to name telepathy as pseudo-science we must have scientific researches. But that gonna happen because telepathy is pseudo-science. That's a dead end.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if telepathical skills are proven, then why has none of these telephaths yet claimed james randi's prize of one million dollars yet?

Come on man? Did you really use the James Randi argument? Did you know that Randi is considered a jerk even among the most hardcore skeptics? He's the Yuri Geller of skeptisism. I can educate you in Randi if you want.

1) Randi is not a scientist. Like at all. Randi is an illusionist. When he was younger he trained two guys to fool a pseudo-scientific research. They succeeded and scine then Randi thinks he's like the God of skeptics.

2) Before you enter the contest you must sign a paper that says that the tests will not be based on scientific methods, but on Randi's insitute methods. The tests that Randi's instistutes put you through are not performed by scientints and are not based in scientific methods.

3) Randi lives, breathes and exists only to prove that 'paranormal' doesn't exist. That means that Jesus himself wouldn't win the prize. Randi will never, ever, ever, ever pay this prize for two reasons. a) Just like his students fooled that research some other magicians can do the same with his and b ) Paying the price will mean that all Randi's life work was a false.

Again I'm not saying that people did manage to beat the test, all I'm saying is that you using Randi as an example, is similar for me using Giorgio Tsoukalos as proof for aliens.

I'm not saying that this is telepathy, but the fact that a quantum game theory phenomenon is called quantum pseudo-telepathy is more than interesting.

If telepathy is outside the scientific field only science itself can answer that. And for that to happen it means that telepathy must be researched using scientific methods.

What you're claiming is that telepathy is pseudo-science, so science should not bother with researching it. But to name telepathy as pseudo-science we must have scientific researches. But that gonna happen because telepathy is pseudo-science. That's a dead end.

it's also called pseudo-telepathy ;). but yes it's interesting. i wish i had the mathematical background to really understand what's happing the papers wikipedia is referencing. quantum mechanics is weird and quantum computing is likewise.

of course telephathy should be investigated scientifically, if it hasn't already been tested exhaustively. exactly for the reasons you're giving. besides it would be an extremely interesting phenomenon if it exists.

actually i was just pointing out that i find the trend to put "quantum" into the names for some alternative practices silly. i just recently received a brochure from some local education centre and the amount of nonsense in the descriptions therein for multiple of the many "quantum-something" courses were hilarious :)

actually i was just pointing out that i find the trend to put "quantum" into the names for some alternative practices silly. i just recently received a brochure from some local education centre and the amount of nonsense in the descriptions therein for multiple of the many "quantum-something" courses were hilarious :)

That I agree 100%. You can see that the word quantum today is used like the word magic was used in old days. Everything is quantum. That dude can fly? Quantum. Indian guy sleeps on nails? Quantum. Radi likes skinny chicks? Quantum. :P

BTW sorry if I sounded angry or annoyed. That wasn't my intention. I still love you. :wub:

2) Before you enter the contest you must sign a paper that says that the tests will not be based on scientific methods, but on Randi's insitute methods. The tests that Randi's instistutes put you through are not performed by scientints and are not based in scientific methods.

Again I'm not saying that people did manage to beat the test, all I'm saying is that you using Randi as an example, is similar for me using Giorgio Tsoukalos as proof for aliens.

that alone is enough for not using randi againin an argument.

tsoukalos as proof for aliens... :D

BTW sorry if I sounded angry or annoyed. That wasn't my intention. I still love you. :wub:

no worries mate :)

i'm not gonna quite psynews because of a discussion like this one ;)

at least bubblegum jesus is real

i believe in bubblegum jesus with all my heart, but the pic doesn't show :(

I've got a sci-fi-feeling, that may be that all of these modern frequencies around the globe will make some serious telepathy possible.

Just a thought.

"Some thoughts...have a certain sound."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgHUHH3_-qk

I don't wanna bother going into a huge and almost meaningless discussion here, but NO is the most retarded answer a topic like this can receive.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0985058/

One sign of telepathy for me is that when you read some text in the internet you can read it with the voice of the writer. It doesn`t happen very often for me but it happens and not only to people I know personally. When i read some e-mails, some posts here or something I read it sometimes with the voice of the user or with a different voice but not mine. It is probably not the voice of the user but it tells me the intention fo the text and that is hardly something that is made up in my brain. It is rather something that has to do with telepathy.

One sign of telepathy for me is that when you read some text in the internet you can read it with the voice of the writer. It doesn`t happen very often for me but it happens and not only to people I know personally. When i read some e-mails, some posts here or something I read it sometimes with the voice of the user or with a different voice but not mine. It is probably not the voice of the user but it tells me the intention fo the text and that is hardly something that is made up in my brain. It is rather something that has to do with telepathy.

Sounds like wishful thinking.

Rotwang: :D

Radi: Why don't you try to learn remote viewing? If it works for you, you have your proof and it doesn't matter anymore if other people think that it's possible or not. If it doesn't work and you can't find anyone who can prove his/her telepathic abilities when you test them, then it probably doesn't exist.

I really like the site www.viking-z.org, but it's probably hard to get into, since "the author" has an unusual style of writing and uses "interesting" vocabulary and lists.

• 2 months later...

My wife and me have a telepathic connection. We first noticed on our first LSD Trip we ever had together. Our third trip was a little higher dosed again and we were able to send and receive telepathic messages.
But it´s not the LSD that makes transforms us into telepaths, LSD only shows you what already is there.

Regulary our abilty expresses itself in moments we have very often each day, when we notice that we just thought the same at the same time. But when we focus, we´re able to speak telepathically. Although it doens´t work all the time.
This way of communication us beyond words, so it´s difficult for me to describe it to you guys.

It´s like talking in words, emotions and mental images at the same time.

I´ve always been susceptible to telepathy. I´ve noticed this already on the first LSD Trip i´ve ever had with another person, which was my second one.

I fully believe you Reznik and think Telepathy occours much more frequently than we may think. When you look at a person and know how he is feeling, it is not only the mimic and gestics, it is more. When you are in a bus, you can sence the mood of the people. I am somoene who sees less than a normal person, I don´t see very sharp in far distances so I should guess people wrong, if they are 10 meters away from me, I can notice if they smyle or not, but can`t see any detail of the face from 10 meters for example, yet I know the mood of that person and in most cases, when I ask, I get confirmed that I am right. For me that is a sign of telepathy for example.

I don´t think, what you describe is telepathy, that´s rather empathy. but maybe you are also susceptible to telepathy. You should try it. Just find one, who is susceptible to telepathy, as well.

I have to correct one thing i wrote above; When i said, that we find ourselves many times each day thinking the same at the same time, i actually meant when one of us thinks of something and not even one second later, the other one already knows. This occurs when we try to think of something together. When one then says it, the other one already has received it telepatically before.

• 2 weeks later...