Is telepathy possible

radi6404

so on many occasions you can sence that telepathy is possible. At least you can feel where your relatives are or if something serious happens to them. Your mood changes but you don`t know why. It can be like that but does not have to be connected with the telepathic connection between you and you relatives. There are signs of telepathy when you communicate or stay with other people. I don`t think our sence of the mood of a person, whether he likes us or not, whether he lies or not and much more are only based on visual and sonical perception. I think we can notice it with telepathy aswell which is why we know or guess if a person likes us or not. We can judge many things about a person with talking for a few moments to him. For example if we can get friends with him or if we are very unlikely to get friends with the person. Whether the person likes us or does only pertent to like us, whether the person tells the truth or does not tell the truth, all of those is pretty clear to us and telepathy can play a role here.

If we do not have at least some telepathic skills we would be limited to only our bodies and everything we know about other persons would only be pretending. We would be stuck in our own bodies and bend the world to our own reality. The reality of each person would be different so there would be confusions every few minutes. The human learned to be a sozial animal and the brain has many skills for sensing feelings of others, but is that really everything? When I read posts or e-mails from familiar persons I have seen it happens from time to time that I read them with their voice. When I read the text it is like I hear their voices and as if they deliver the message to me. I can hear how the message was written and how the mood of that person was, but again it may only be fantasy. To persons I don`t know however I did not sence such a thing.

Some people have in fact telepathic skills and used them in the military to locate new and secret buildings for example. They successed sencing where the buildings are and what`s happened inside them, which to me at least is amazing. So does anyone here think telepathy is something everyone has and can use? Do we use it passivly? Or is it just untrue and the people who worked for the military just guessed?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe it or not I was witness in telepathy. Or twins empathy to be more specific. My sister's husband has two twin brothers. He always told me that they almost share their feelings.For example if someone is sad then the other got sad too even if they were miles away. One day we were at the cinema waiting for the movie to start, me, him, my sister and one of the twins. As we're talking out of nowhere the twin started to cry for no reason. I was wtf? and my sister's husband jumps out of his chair and shouts 'Someone call John (the other twin)'. He had a serious car accident...

Over the years they had lost that ability.

I don't know if you can call it telepathy, but AFAIK is very common in twins.

Yes, that sounds very interesting and I saw similar stories on tv aswell. Did you have the above described experiences aswell or not? For example the judgment of people with telepathy or that you know how people will react and whether they are lying or don`t like you. For me it s not only visual and sonical perception but also a telepathic one. Telepathy plays a small role in judging people aswell I think.

Not telepathy, but a singular global consciousness. One night I came to the conclusion that emotions and feelings are a sixth sense that humans are born with. We have a natural ability to understand how one is feeling whether we have audible/visible proof or not. Like an energy wave being transmitted, we receive the vibrations of the world around us. We lie to ourselves too much, saying that no one understands how we feel. People try to hide their feelings, but deep down we know how they truly feel. If you believe that you understand another human being, then you do even if in reality it seems to have escaped you. Like any other sense, this one can be improved with careful practice, like someone giving more thought to what they hear, or focusing more on what they are seeing. My faith is in empathy, the most human gift of all. And the proof is in you and I, self affirming and pure.

Your statement makes sence. When I am with others I always can sence if they don`t have a good mood or have a good mood. The feeling is stronger to close persons however and I don`t know if it is whether we percept it through visual and sonical perception or if it is something else. The changes are high.

I'm undecided. I have experienced a couple of things similar to (but less impressive than) what Ormion describes, e.g. one time I became terrified about a particular friend having been in a car accident and he turned out to have been in a jetski accident. But there's also been at least one time when I had a similar feeling and nothing happened. So it's possible that people get that kind of feeling often and mostly just remember the times when it coincided with something real, and then confirmation bias kicks in.

The only thing being silly in this topic is you and your comments, but don`t worry, your attempts to troll and ruin the thread don`t work. If you are an reality addict and think that what sciense is telling now is the whole truth and only the truth you are as dumb as the people who claimed the earth is the center of the universe and don`t allow anything else. In your attempts to troll the thread your mind is not even able to go that far that people at that time also had scientinsts who said that and thought their ways of researching are everything. You are the same reality addict mass connected person who thinks everything scientists tell these days is true.

Instead of trolling my threads and failing at it you should go and learn something, you can start here

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=distant+viewing+in+military&oq=distant+viewing+in+military&gs_l=youtube.3...2236.9981.0.10132.33.27.5.1.1.0.181.3359.1j26.27.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.Wl9z3-ZSByQ

I'm surprised your rudeness doesn't get you banned more often. You go around calling people assfaggots and somehow get away with it. Perhaps over the years, the mods have been desensitized to how venomous your presence on the forum really is...

On another note, why are you so persistent on backing up supernatural claims such as telepathy. Those who venture down the path of logical secular philosophy know very well that telepathy is as improbable as the claims held in the bible. Its a joke. Not even noteworthy amongst the academic crowd.

Please stop the bickering, if you can't post respectfully then don't post at all. Both of you.

Not telepathy, but a singular global consciousness. One night I came to the conclusion that emotions and feelings are a sixth sense that humans are born with. We have a natural ability to understand how one is feeling whether we have audible/visible proof or not. Like an energy wave being transmitted, we receive the vibrations of the world around us. We lie to ourselves too much, saying that no one understands how we feel. People try to hide their feelings, but deep down we know how they truly feel. If you believe that you understand another human being, then you do even if in reality it seems to have escaped you. Like any other sense, this one can be improved with careful practice, like someone giving more thought to what they hear, or focusing more on what they are seeing. My faith is in empathy, the most human gift of all. And the proof is in you and I, self affirming and pure.

Huh, that line of thinking is very similar to the topic of telepathy interestingly enough. I like it.

I personally have yet to encounter a situation where something like the literal sense of telepathy would be applicable.

On another note, why are you so persistent on backing up supernatural claims such as telepathy. Those who venture down the path of logical secular philosophy know very well that telepathy is as improbable as the claims held in the bible. Its a joke. Not even noteworthy amongst the academic crowd.

They are supernatural as long as you level them as supernatural. For a long time now there is quantum science that researches similar things and telepathy has been used in the past for the military. People used distant viewing to locate and describe people and places and they were succesful.

On another note, why are you so persistent on backing up supernatural claims such as telepathy. Those who venture down the path of logical secular philosophy know very well that telepathy is as improbable as the claims held in the bible. Its a joke. Not even noteworthy amongst the academic crowd

Military is known to perform ESP experiments and this is based on declassified files not talking-from-our-asses. It doesn't matter what they found, as long as scientints look into it means that it is noteworthy amongst the academic crowd.

To be honest this kind of thinking is completelly 'un-academic'. If scientists found everything strange not worthy of academic research we would still live in caves praising volcanoes as earth gods. Isn't that the point of science in the first place?

I'm not saying that telepathy exists. I'm saying that it is something worth researching.

BTW here is an awarded scientist that made a research on the famous Jim Lewis and Jim Springer case and concluded that ''Our findings continue to suggest a very strong genetic influence on almost all medical and psychological traits." Does that make it less scientist?

Sorry, but you sound like James Randi here.

The Jim Lewis and Jim Spring case doesn't seem to be much more than sheer coincidence. Yes, twins who are raised separately could turnout similar later in their life, but what this has to do with ESP or telepathy... idk.

Even the military ESP research was inconclusive as far as I can tell.

For a long time now there is quantum science that researches similar things.

no it doesn't. quantum mechanics describes the properties of elementary particles. research topics from that field are elucidating the electron distribution in molecules, the structure and functionality of proteins, the mechanisms of different chemical reactions, basically the whole field of computational chemistry relies on quantum mechanics. it is of course also widely used in physics, especially particle physics, but i'm no physicist, so iirc you better ask rotwang about that.

still, while quantum mechanics has brought us innovations like the laser, mr-imaging and the scanning tunneling microsope it has absolutely nothing to do with telepathy!

the fact that "quantum" has recently appeared as a buzzword for various esoteric bullshit (such as "quantum healing through laying on hands") changes nothing about that. in fact this is only marketing (possibly because "quantum" sounds mysterious to most people) and those practices or that "research" has nothing to do with real quantum mechanics and neither with science.

Maybe it is called differently but quantum sciense is researching and tries to explain if there is life after death and what happens in a near death experience or if the soul exists outside the body. At least that is what I have read in articles and seen on documentaries.

Do you people enjoy putting down everything that seems unprobable to you? Are you really that limited? You don`t allow telepathy to exist, you don`t allow a soul to exist. Some here are really like people who denied the earth to be spinning arround the sun. Telepathical skills have been prooven and miliatry has benefited from Distant viewing for example, so please be more open minded and don`t explain to me how this or that is not sciense but marketing sciense or pseudo sciense.

Wrong

no. this is science, but it has nothing to do with telepathy. it's an abstraction/thought experiement and the "alice" and "bob" given in the example cannot be people.

Do you people enjoy putting down everything that seems unprobable to you? Are you really that limited? You don`t allow telepathy to exist, you don`t allow a soul to exist. Some here are really like people who denied the earth to be spinning arround the sun. Telepathical skills have been prooven and miliatry has benefited from Distant viewing for example, so please be more open minded and don`t explain to me how this or that is not sciense but marketing sciense or pseudo sciense.

if you only like responses that agree with you, then you should discuss that specific topic in private with someone why shares your views and not take it to a public forum, where people with other opinions can read what you are writing.

it is exactly the opposite. it was people who used logic, reason, critical thinking and properly executed experiments, that proved that the earth was orbiting the sun, and not the naive people that believed everything they heard or read somewhere.

if telepathical skills are proven, then why has none of these telephaths yet claimed james randi's prize of one million dollars yet? the challenge is on since 1964, but yet no one has ever succeded. show us the proof. there's no way nature wouldn't publish a proof for telepathy.

if you think that you know better what science is than someone who is actually doing scientific work, then believe what you want to believe...