Internet speeds...

Paul Eye

I could get faster internet but once I go above 7GB a month the speed will drop to dial up speed. WTF? I'd rather have it a bit slower than be limited.

7GB, err WTF, really? You don't buy games on Steam or watch much streaming HD video with that.

:huh: Something like seven years ago my ISP had a guideline of 100 GB monthly, but I don't think it was strictly enforced even back then. Nowadays they really don't care at all unless you run a worldwide high-traffic warez server in the network...

I definitely get already more than 7 GB of album downloads (counting just legit purchases and free releases) monthly. Any modern video content would gulp it in a few days. Is that a mistake or a joke?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-DSL-and-Dial/Dsl-customer-for-over-10-years-Horrible-speeds/td-p/575925

This sounds like our situation. When my parents first got DSL for the home ~10 years ago, it was a huge jump from 56K. Now there are ten scripts running on every webpage, five of which bog down or outright crash my browser, uploading 200MB files takes hours when it works at all, and Youtube videos cough and sputter at anything above 240p. The fast connection of the 2000s can barely seem to handle the Internet of the 2010s, and it's an enormous headache. I wonder what our options are?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

3710868211.png

im paying 1600 rs which is 29 $ ... this is a new connection but i dont get a complete signal in my room .. the cable guy is trying to sell me a booster . for another 20 dollars .. boooo

• 2 weeks later...

You live in cali and have speeds like that? wot

This thread reminds me of how incompetently slow our providers are at adopting to cables/Fiber. Adsl is expensive, slow and it's 2014. It's about time for the providers to give people proper deals to get better speeds to their homes, goddamn.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...