Internet speeds...

Paul Eye

So I just upgraded my net connection:

3069859917.png

Costs 30€ per month.

What can you get and for what price where you're living?

And no, this is not a contest, just interesting to see what you get in diffferent countries/ISPs.

:)

3069925704.png

It should be 15 Mb/s (15360/1536) but it is slower at moment... it's around 14 euro monthly. But there is trick, if you make contract on 2 years you get this speed, if not for same price you will have only 2 Mb/s which is slow... and expansive! Not good prices here in Serbia.

It should be 15 Mb/s (15360/1536) but it is slower at moment... it's around 14 euro monthly.

Well my old one was 10/1 and cost 25€ so it was way more expensive than yours in comparison. It was from a deal from 5 years ago (same ISP). They don't even sell those anymore.

It should be around 8-11mb usually, but it does tend to dip on some days like this.. this ping is terrible though.

What's interenting is that my ping to Tallinn was 10ms and Espoo 20ms :) Speeds were the same.

ps. Varmaa vaa helsingin alueella tollane diili? :(

Joo ei taida Welhon kaapelia saada Helsingin ulkopuolella ollenkaan.

3071644760.png

This is for 24 euro a month. I think it's quite expensive, but it's a very reliable service. I think there were some service interruptions with durations of a few hours each 3 or 4 years ago, but nothing else like that for probably over 2 years now.

This is for 24 euro a month. I think it's quite expensive, but it's a very reliable service. I think there were some service interruptions with durations of a few hours each 3 or 4 years ago, but nothing else like that for probably over 2 years now.

interesting how much our opinions differ considering we probably have the same product ;)

wasn't it 25€ for internet, telephone and tv and 19€ for internet only?

3087912876.png

25€/month. Ping is sometimes pretty bad, as you can see, due to bad routing and peering contracts. Upload is usually around 5Mbit.

In Croatia for 25€ per month you got something like this. Imagine what pain in the ass is uploading WAV files to Ektoplazm or for reviews :/

3098504424.png

interesting how much our opinions differ considering we probably have the same product ;)

wasn't it 25€ for internet, telephone and tv and 19€ for internet only?

Maybe it was €19 about 4 1/2 years ago, when I made the contract, but now it's €24 (I checked my account). I could get telephone and tv for €1 more, but I don't even want that. :D

I have no idea why you have so many service interruptions, I'm online easily 5 hours a day, and I can't even remember one instance when I couldn't access the internet through that connection during the last 2 years. Sometimes I have to reboot the PC, because my browser can't load any sites, but then it always works again right away and even this happens quite rarely (probably much less than once a week) .

yes, maybe. i got internet and tv (which i hardly use) for 25 iirc.

it's very strange. it dropped out for 2mins twice in the last hour for me. i'm starting to think that they don't like me and do it on purpose ;). after all it took them two months of calling every few days to get me a contract and cable modem plus additional 2 weeks to activate the cable for my storey....

yes, maybe. i got internet and tv (which i hardly use) for 25 iirc.

it's very strange. it dropped out for 2mins twice in the last hour for me. i'm starting to think that they don't like me and do it on purpose ;). after all it took them two months of calling every few days to get me a contract and cable modem plus additional 2 weeks to activate the cable for my storey....

I have no idea why your connection is so unstable. Have you tried to ask them to do something about it?

• 1 month later...