Dog Days Bliss (Album Edit) - B

Food Demons (Demon's Head Remix) - A-

Life Never Sleeps - A+

Lost in the Wild - C+

36th February - B-

The Lights of Shibuya - B+

Night @ 12Pm - A

Birds Lingva Franca (2013) - A+

Four years have past since Daze of our Lives and the wait was well worth it. Filteria's new release, Lost in the Wild, continues to push the envelope, achieving new levels of energy and production quality. The album features Filteria's classic style, which has been noticeably refined, containing dreamy melodies and exotic builds peppered with acid madness and a slew of new experimental innovations. Don't take my word for for it. ;)

Prepare for blastoff.

Overall Rating : A

Conclusion:

Considering the new artists and labels appearing on the scene along side the many great releases we've had lately; I've got one thing to say. Goa Trance is back and I'm delighted to see how the genre has been flourishing. :wub:

Suntrip Records has really outdone itself this year, it's almost hard to believe another release is right around the corner.

I'd also like to commend the album artwork. Absolutely beautiful! The oneness of all perhaps?

:excl: Buy it here :excl:

http://suntriprecords.com/product/item/SUNCD30/

http://suntriprecords.bandcamp.com/album/lost-in-the-wild

What's the other release that is coming?

Well, Cosmic Dimension in 3 weeks (only limited release) and around the end of dec/jan E-Mantra's new album... :) and not much later Ra ;) But now, back on topic! Thanks for the review! :)

Filteria - Lost in the Wild
Suntrip Records
Psychedelic Goatrance

SUNCD30_medium.jpg

Tracklist:

1. Filteroid (Day @ 2AM)
2. Dog Days Bliss (Album Edit)
3. Food Demons (Demon's Head Remix)
4. Life Never Sleeps
5. Lost in the Wild
6. 36th February
7. The Lights of Shibuya
8. Night @ 12PM
9. Birds Lingva Franca (2013)

This fourth Filteria album attempts to push the envelop, creating not only a more psychedelic album since 2009's critically acclaimed Daze of Our Lives (DoOL), but one with influences that range from Hallucinogen and KOB, to Science Fiction/Fantasy, and more! But does that make LitW the best Filteria album yet? That's for you to decide. It most certainly has work that surpasses DoOL. That said, it's hard for me not to compare this to DoOL, since that was such an evolution from Heliopolis (2006) and Sky Input (2004).

1. Filteroid (Day @ 2AM) has a strong, atmospheric opening that includes a vivid psychedelic backdrop. The song reminds me a little of a more psychedelic sequel to DoOL's Filtertraces (Abstract Dream Remix) via the sound at 1:55 for instance. I adore Filtertraces, so anything that sounds even slightly influenced is hard for me not to compare. Naturally, Filteriod is 95-99% different. A developing stream of sounds move through unique soundscapes, through numerous changes of scenery. The song takes a breather and recollects itself halfway through. The atmosphere is great. I'm relieved to see the artist introducing more to immerse the listener! This song requires many listens to sink in, as it's crammed with ideas. The second half has more take off; it's catchier. Overall, I felt that Filtertraces on DoOL was more euphoric, magical, and exciting. That said, Filteroid is more psychedelic, intricate, and varied. It's packed with goodies. You have to experience this song for yourself to see what you think of it. It's a VERY unique opening, let alone track that has taken time to grow on me. B+ / A-

2. Dog Days Bliss deserves to be played on dance floors around the world. It hooks right away doesn't let go. The take off at 2:06 is excellent. The song occasionally returns to its chorus-esque leads that develop, around complimentary segments in-between that evolve too! This is another example of Filteria evolved. It's creative, inventive, fun, and exciting throughout. Furthermore, there's breathing room between the climaxes that are engaging! My only gripe is the short transition from 6:35 to 6:46. I think the artist could've produced a more complimentary interlude before the music's return. The few sound effect blips here, albeit temporally feel off-tone to the dance friendliness. I realize the concept's been done, as dancers anticipate the music's return. But here it makes the song feel too vulnerable, unsure. It loses its immersive feel before the finale. I may be nitpicking to some degree, I realize, as this leads to a great climax. Overall, Dog Days Bliss is a strong and uplifting dance number packed with fun melodies, a healthy variety of sounds, and rewarding climaxes with engaging breathing room in-between. This is a strong, fun track that knows what it's going for. A-

3. Food Demons (Demon's Head Remix) begins atmospherically, and quickly ignites with edgy synth work. The tapping effects around the beat via 1:07 is catchy! Some of the synth work appears Hallucinogen-influenced which is interesting. It seems that Jannis took some ideas from Simon Postford and ran wild with them. Around the tapping, I'm not hooked by the "effects" manipulations, though the buildup/climactic part across the second minute is very nice. The atmospheric/ambient notes are hauntingly effective too. The song has so many layers that by 4:12 it almost appears to be too much. But a haunting transition saves it! I really like the less maximal sections, i.e., 5:20 to 5:50. The sixth minute grows more climactic (around 6:15) with higher Juno Reactor-esque notes. I find it decent, but not as effective with the ADD special effects, and it is just before, at around 6:22 that the song's plateaued for me. The artist impressively crams in A LOT of layers. But there's no sense of atmosphere to enhance the final act that also gets somewhat overcrowded similar to the last act of Wormhole on DoOL. Based on perspective, some may love the final third. It could have been a bit more refined, touched up IMO. The song could have ended more tightly at 7:44 too. The track has some stunning work no doubt, but it's far from superb as a whole in my opinion. Having said that, I wasn't bored for a second. This is another solid track showcasing character and variety. B+

4. Life Never Sleeps is just as fast-paced as Food Demons, but it's more fluid, zippy, and infectiously developing and satisfying. The synth work blends almost seamlessly into yet another out-of-the-box, yet more refined approach. The first third dedicates itself to a solid foundation, although the synth that arrives at 1:33 isn't that catchy to me. The selected sound and manipulations beginning at 3:08 are arresting. Soon after is a sci-fi Matrix-esque synth that's engaging, changes up, and knows when to exit. The second third is rich and absorbing, and surprisingly (thankfully in this sense here) without major leads! Such breathing room provides opportunity for some wonderful, non-dependent (on synths) creativity! To reference DoOL, when I heard the first third of Infinite Regression (Feat Ukiro), I loved the futuristic, zippy sound so much, only to have it lost to an undulating, predictable, Middle-Eastern lead (3:40-4:32 and 6:34-close) that took over and distracted from the cool and kinetic feel established beforehand. I realize the lead was dance friendly and some people liked it. That said, I'm so relieved that Life Never Sleeps avoids the shortcomings on DoOL's Infinite Regression (Feat Ukiro). This track is Filteria advanced. It's exceptional from near beginning to end, and an example of the artist's evolved sound when not overcrowded. Well done! A

5. Lost in the Wild is the Achille's heel on the album for me. Let me explain. I don't mind the rubber-band effect that sounds similar to Hallucinogen's Snarling Black Mabel. I actually like what Jannis did, and from 1:47 to 2:22 is wonderful, though a simultaneous layer that arrives at 1:46 (within this part) sounds cartoony. My issue is 2:38. I thought that we were past such abrasive, in-our-face sounds. Not that I'm against wild, upfront sounds. This particular synth sounds louder, distracting, and less complimentary to the other sounds. There's a transition at 4:00 that breaks into mid/downtempo. It's refreshingly great and really catchy! It only lasts until 4:24 unfortunately where the artist incorporates yet another, not so well acclimated, nor terribly complimentary, digitized lead. By the time it leaves at 5:04, allowing me to enjoy the unique, futuristic scenery (like that scene in Matrix Revolutions where their ship ascends the clouds) I've almost lost all interest. I feel that what brought Infinite Regression down for me on DoOL, happens here. The synth leads are catchier around 5:45 and especially 6:38. I just wish that an alternative synth, one with greater balance and harmony existed from 2:38 to 3:50. This is because the song has some really great work on it. I feel that an improved version of this song (should have replaced this one part of me wants to say but) could do greater justice to this self-titled track that I imagine some will like as a whole. In short, some great work is marred by several debatable synth choices. B-

6. 36th February is a KOB-esque track with Filteria's evolved influence. The result is a unique, highly powered, catchy (most important) song that sounds fairly influenced by the artist's Illogic Logic number on the Temple of Chaos compilation. Fortunately, its sounds aren't as high pitched. I feel that some of the "effects" could have been lowered a little. The first third has gripping synth work that races beside deeper undercurrent sounds and soundscapes, There is a brief interlude that precedes a strong second act. The final third is relentless but not over-crammed, utilizing both KOB and Filteria's influence, with a touch (it seems) of Hallucinogen to boot. KOB's general sound has always been rougher, more mechanic, so it will be interesting to see how other reactions. With approaches like this and some slight refinements in the future, I feel that KOB has an even healthier, greater chance of having a main album. KOB is alive and well, and Filteria's influence compliments it. A-

7. The Lights of Shibuya starts out beautifully, with warm atmosphere, a rustling of leaves and/or mild rainfall among children's voices. The gentle notes at 0:46 are beautiful. The song soon adopts psychedelic ingredients to remind us that this is no walk through the tea garden. The synth work that begins at around 1:40 is decent. I prefer the bit at 1:50 since this later plays a roll in the epic conclusion. There is Hallucinogen influence too, and that's a good thing. The ambient and supporting sounds from 2:46 to 3:10 are very nice! The synth that arrives at 3:11 however stands out so much; I find it a bit distracting compared to the other ingredients that are so attractive and irresistible. More transitional fluidity would have been nice here, to bridge the beauty with aggression. Beginning at 4:44, the arrangement is imaginatively catchy akin to Simon Postford's unfortunate departure from Goatrance. I simply wish that the first third was a bit more patient because the second half, the last third especially is outstanding. The Lights of Shibuya encompasses some of the catchiest Psychedelic Goatrance work I have ever heard. A

8. Night @ 12PM sounds vastly different from the other songs. It isn't maximal. It's not intense. There's no climax, briefly an intro, and the first two minutes will impress few, if any. If that sounds strange, you may be surprised to hear that this is one of Filteria's most sleek, unique, and refined songs yet. It is also, maybe the smoothest track on the album, and unquestionably adds variety. I find its distinct sound refreshing. The song moves almost seamlessly through each act, encompassing a modern Goa sound that never missteps, not for a second. I love how the song evolves past the second minute, its fluidity and elegance. Night @ 12PM showcases a whole other intellectual side of the artist, sort of like Khetzal's Nyiragongo track on Corolle. Listen to this at nighttime, while driving or on ear buds (not while driving!). This may just be the most flawless track on the album, or at least arguably. But then I'd be arguing with myself. A

9. Birds Lingva Franca (2013) is an improved version of the artist's solid original on 2008's Opus Iridium compilation. This is an entirely rebuilt track with the main melody in tact. The result? I think it's great. Included are small buildups to the synth lead, stronger supporting sounds, more varied synth/sound work, and more. One little nitpick is that the main lead goes on for so long (like the original) that even that it changes up, I grow a bit tired from it after a while, but that's me. On the plus, the last third has some very nice, fresh elements. I was initially a little surprised to see an old edit here considering this is a new album. I like all new tracks. There's something nice though about having this as a bonus track where the album ultimately ends. While some may not be thrilled by the choice of having an older song rebuilt, I think numerous fans will appreciate it. B+ / A-

Conclusion

Filteria's Lost In the Wild album is not what the doctor ordered. It is beyond that. This is an imaginatively produced, wildly psychedelic, infectious, and at times overwhelming, bombastic album with some of the year's best electronic (Psy/Goa-Trance) songs on it. Not only that; it showcases some of the catchiest work in the genre and by the artist yet. Life Never Sleeps, The Lights of Shibuya, and Night @ 12PM are just three examples of songs that include exceptional, groundbreaking work. Dog Days Bliss (Album Edit) is one of the most fun, dance-friendly songs I've heard in a while. The artist's inspired re-imagining of Hallucinogen is exceptional. Also strong is a plethora of diverse sounds and variety. LitW is quite possibly the best Filteria album. And yet, DoOL is superb, and more fluid (as a whole) IMO, though it didn't take as many risks as LitW does. It's really a toss up. You just can't eat your cake and have it to, and speaking of cake, "the cake is a lie" - Glados ;) Any criticisms? For starters, Food Demons (Demon's Head Remix) could have been a little more refined in the final third. Also, the self-titled track has synth leads (at times) that I find less complimentary to other layers i.e. 2:40. Maybe on the next album we can end on a killer downtempo track?! :) With LitW -- Jannis, please evolve past the few less fluid elements because your work is fantastic and keeps getting better. Filter's Lost in the Wild album is the most impressive uptempo/electronic album I've heard all year. I feel that Jannis challenged himself, and experimented a lot in nearly perfecting this album, and it shows. The end result is a milestone in Psychedelic Goatrance. And although I scored the previous Filteria album slightly higher, don't let that fool you into thinking this isn't an incredible release because it is. Beautiful work, well done!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Favourite songs: 1, 2, 4, 7, 8

A-

Sample / Order
http://suntriprecords.com/product/item/SUNCD30/
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sut/sut1cd030.html
https://pro.beatport.com/release/lost-in-the-wild/1388075

Time for a review alá penzoline, the reviewer who doesn't review. : [

Filteria - Lost In The Wild
SUNCD30_medium.jpg

1. Filteroid (Day @ 2 AM) 08:12
2. Dog Days Bliss (Album Edit) 08:51
3. Food Demons (Demon's Head Remix) 07:58
4. Life Never Sleeps 09:09
5. Lost in the Wild 07:50
6. 36th February 08:16
7. The Lights of Shibuya 07:48
8. Night @ 12 PM 07:30
9. Birds Lingva Franca (2013 Edit) 09:03

Filteroid (Day @ 2Am)
Incredibly incredilous melodies for the start of the album? Why yes! Massive atmosphere and Filtertraces type bassline leading up into a slowly evolving melody that reaches some fantastic heights during the track. The pacing, level of detailing and evolution is perfect for an introduction track while keeping to the basic sense of force and style that looms from ahead. Often I've noticed some albums start with a high note and go all over the place with the pacing, this, however, just works wonders. Just about everything about it sets the stage perfectly, the leads, the larger than life up-most beautiful melodies and that soft hint of the 3rd album in the details. Hard work of a genius. And to contrast toward the opinion of Jon, I found myself preferring this over Filtertraces, why? Simply because of the forceful nature. Not exactly the inherit quality for comparisons sake, but rather preference. It is wonderful he is trying new things on different albums like this. Something for everyone!

Dog Days Bliss (Album Edit)
Those horse race melodies, I don't know how you pull of this type of pacing, but goddamn did he do it. Coming from the introduction, the style already jumped from one side to the other, it is far more crazy and loony, but the sounds and melodies give it this sense of imminent urgency. Throughout the track the melodies, sounds fx atmosphere are top notch. It is simply up to the listener to decide the story. And when it climaxes, it just feels like something big is going down - be it two superheroes duking it out in space, galaxies exploding or two massive battlestars on each others, it works. This track feels heavily cinematic! Now that is a feat in of itself, considering the genre and presentation.

Food Demons (Demon's Head Remix)
Acid. Acid. Acid. The bubbles. The Bubbles. The Bubbles. For the fact it's so filled with those alone is a reason for me to love it, but then you stick in a really eerie atmosphere and you end up with a really twisted spiraling cyberpunk atmosphere - what is this sorcery!? Absolutely crazy and interesting knob twisting, imaginative details at the start and the end and just wonderful sound design. The track is absolutely filled to the brim with wet and interesting acidic sounds, creating sinister and monstrous soundscapes. Personally, I would have wanted to see the atmosphere be even more prevalent throughout, namely the last segments, but the acid and leads carry the whole thing just fine! Did I mention I love this type of acid? Yes? Thanks, Jannis.

Life Never Sleeps
The pacing feels very Dog Days Bliss like. It also has an over the top feel to it but instead of going maximal epicness it takes more of a step back with growly acid leads, having very cool different segments, eventually leading up to a high pulse race-to-the-finish like climax. Imagine an anime with some sort of a race going where the lead character is fighting to save someone's life. Dramatic, adrenaline filled story-line. I wonder, if he realized the similarity to DDB, or is it just me over thinking it? I do feel like it is a very nice touch, no matter.

Lost in the Wild
Ok, I will agree with the clutterness of the track, however the main subtle melody, which first appears at 2:54, is seriously incredible. Reminds of the power of Birds Lingva Franca. The track is an insane experiment, if nothing more. The amount of different segments gets extremely high and the only things that really keep the track constant are that melody and the bassline. And oh god that climax melody at 6:37, just out of this world. You can feel the speed, everything just gushing through your brain.

36th February
OH MY GOAD. AND THAT CLIMAX. SO MUCH RAW POWAR! RAWR! ROAR! K.O.B. ALBUM PLEASE OH MY GOED. THAT DARK EERIE ATMOSPHERE TOO. Uh, maybe I went a little overboard with the caps.. or maybe.. NOT! HA!

In all seriousness this track is a freaking incredible return of the mostly full-on KOB sound - and no not full-on as in the genre, are you crazy! It is loony, maximal, bombastic, detailed to no end. It is awesome! However, I must point out some of the high pitched fx goes a little too loud compared to the melody in many spots. I don't know if it's intentional or not, but it can be very distracting when paying attention to the little things, or even when not. For me this has happened before, particularly on KOB tracks, like the wonderful Multiple Disorder (Filteria Remix). To be fair, they haven't ended up as too much of a detriment the end product, yet. And now that I mentioned Multiple Disorder, take a look at the start of it and 1:08 onwards on 36th February! That cannot be a coincidence! But then again, the amount of that crazy KOB sound in this album is, quite literally, crazy. Maybe it was a sweet middle-ground he found? It really feels like it.

The Lights of Shibuya
If you read any of the pre-release talk, the artist mentioned this was inspired by a festival in Shibya Japan and, for some reason, it establishes the kind of Japanese atmosphere. Ultra quirky sounds, incredible detailing and strong depth. When the melodies come, it feels like this almost classical approach to goatrance, I can't really explain it otherwise. Especially with the climaxing melody, just absolute blissful joyous crazy melodies that have this weirdly emotional, maybe even angry tone, while warping the rest of the soundscape into a constellation eating black hole is one of the craziest thing I have ever heard in my entire life. I had a similar experience with the previously mentioned KOB track, but this one is even superior. How the hell does he do it? Fucking A.

Night @ 12Pm
Daze Of Our Lives perfected? The uplifting moments, sounds and direction, very, very reminiscent of Daze, while maintaining all of the improvements you find throughout the album. To point out the most obvious improvement is that the melodies have crossed to the green side of borderline cheesy, instead being that "I don't really know where to go", it is very emotional. Incredible intricacies. And that insane lead at the end is such a perfect touch.

Birds Lingva Franca (2013)
I hold the original very close to my heart for many reasons and so upon hearing that there would be a remix included, I've thus held my expectations considerably low, because who wants to be disappointed? The intro is extremely nostalgia-provoking, very subtly transitions into BLF. He made sure to update the sounds and segments into the new style really smoothly, which gives it an edge of not becoming a useless exercise, but the increased, even crammed, detailing and less breathing room make the power of the melody suffer heavily. Though it is interesting to hear the improved aspects, like production values, from the original in such a glaring way, unfortunately this has some inherit flaws, namely the lack of space for a heavy melody like BLF's. It's melody can carry a whole track, but at the same time it cannot be carried - I guess that is how I'd put it. I would have preffered an original track instead, or a remix that is far different, as the over-arcing style is the same on the remix.

Whatever the case with the remix itself is, it feels like the melodies on BLF were somewhat of an introduction to this new style we're hearing with Lost In The Wild. I remember Anoebis saying the 3rd album would be similar to BLF style, maybe he saw the future, but just hid the fact it was the 4th, not the 3rd, album instead. While Daze did go toward another direction, I feel it has finally come to a full circle with ending on this note, which is a nice touch, even if I rather have something else!

In conclusion...

Holy shit. This album is exactly what I hoped of Daze. It's crazy maximal, like the old albums, but with a new, improved sound. I am no longer so sad about losing the old Filteria, because this is almost as breathtaking, if even more so in some regards. Daze now feels like more of an idealistic experiment to me, if anything - or even a precursor for the eventual treasure we've witnessing. This album is extremely imaginative, smart and detailed work, and the storytelling on many tracks is palpable to say the least - unlike in Daze, for example, where it felt a lot more forceful. Maybe the fact the tracks have perfect pacing contributes to that a lot? And gone are slightly borderline cheesy melodies from the last album. It is also interesting to note, this album lacks a downtempo ender, as you are grown to expect. That is an interesting choice, which works well within the albums truly successful concept. I even thought the track titles were amazing! Maybe for suggestion's sake; I'd like to see a purely Sky Input stylized space track (Navigate, Starstuff, Ultimator) on the next album. Just for fun. Lost In The Wild felt a lot more down to earth kind of psychedelic, or spaceship floor, but that is is a given of the style of sound and direction. Still, Sky Inputs holds a lot of ground even today, because of it's ability produce catchy, extremely epic non-cheesy melodies and incredibly thick spacey atmospheres - but I'm going off the topic now, so I'll just try to end this.

Jannis Tzikas, aka mr Filteria, has exceeded himself and incredibly positively surprised a long time fan who has held his work on the highest regard. I am so happy with this album, it is exactly what I've been waiting for, for a long, long time. And let's not forget that perfectly representative cover art by ukiro, who continues to hold a steady consistency to all of the art on Filteria albums while doing fresh things.

To add a disclaimer; however much it might seem I am undermining the 3rd album, I will still stand by the fact it's great on some of it's own merits, namely certain tracks I'm listing ahead, but for those fans of the old stuff, this album is the real sequel we've all been waiting for, full of heavy hitting masterpieces. This album really is the tracks Filtertraces, Wormhole, Eyeless Observatory and Earthrise, mutated, blended and heavily improved through the natural evolution of the artist.

One last thing I would care to mention, it seems an awfully dark release for Suntrip. I guess Filteria can sway minds? :P

I got it here http://suntriprecords.bandcamp.com/releases

keanu2.gif

Epic piece of music. Production is tighter than ever before, all the tunes are interesting and never boring, filteria-like yet never repetitive. The new mix on birds lingua franca improves greatly the original, my favourite tune on this album.

Lovely.

5. Lost in the Wild is the Achille's heel on the album for me. Let me explain. I don't mind the rubber-band effect that sounds similar to Hallucinogen's Snarling Black Mabel. I actually like what Jannis did, and from 1:46 to 2:22 is wonderful! My issue is 2:38. I thought that we were past such abrasive, in-our-face sounds.

No no no. :) In your face sounds are the best on the dancefloor. This track is one of the highlights in his livesets. Its pure bliss. Maybe its a fail to compare it with Hallucinogen? Its Filteria: Overlayered, acidic, aggressive. And this is the reason, why we love his sound so much. :)

No no no. :) In your face sounds are the best on the dancefloor. This track is one of the highlights in his livesets. Its pure bliss. Maybe its a fail to compare it with Hallucinogen? Its Filteria: Overlayered, acidic, aggressive. And this is the reason, why we love his sound so much. :)

I do like the one that arrives around 6:37 and that's in-my-face. Naturally some will like the entire (self-titled) song and certain tracks will sound a lot better on the dance floor. I don't deny it. :)

Alright I improved my post quite a bit like Jon. Obviously his is a lot more epic and detailed but at least I bring in an opinion, if anything. :P

This album is amazing and well worth the time I spent on writing the post and the money I paid. It gave me back so much more.

Next is a Juno Reactor-esque current that sounds fantastic as integrated with everything else.

I noticed this as well, if you're talking about the little acidy step that starts at 2:37, it's very familiar to Juno Reactor - Conquistador II. I very much enjoyed the little inclusion - unfortunately, it will always remind me of it, so in the long run I don't know if it'll take away from the greatness or not.

I received it yesterday, have listened to it somewhere between 5 and 10 times through already and just set up [my profile picture] near the pc again (headphones and amp had been sitting in the wardrobe unused for probably 2 or 3 months). After having to turn the headphones down to reduce the risk to wake up my neighbours ( :o), I know that I have to listen through this album on this setup at least once to give a proper opinion on each track (that I absolutely :wub: it as a whole, I can already say). So far my favourites are 1, 4 and 7. Even though I really like DazeoOL I have yet to learn to really appreciate Night@12PM. I am listening to track 5 right now, but I should really go to bed... :ph34r:

i find it funny that my preferences are pretty much the same as for daze. the best tracks are in the beginning and the end.

the opener can only be compared to filtertraces. then comes the most epic track of the album - and my favourite overall, just like the big blue - dog days bliss. then it continues solidly with food demons and life never sleeps until it reaches the low point with lost in the wild, which is still a good track, but doesn't agree with me as much as the others. on daze i had the same relationship with infinite regression at first (which i've since learned to love). with 36th february there follows another good full power track, which is followed by the lights of shibuya - the earthrise of this album with a bit less energy and "lighter" melodies. the journey is complete with the more subdued (for filteria-standards) and more harmonious night@12pm.

but it doesn't stop there and we get a new and refreshed version of one of my all time filteria tracks :)

all in all lost in the wild is a captivating and highly psychedelic journey that is best enjoyed in one piece. it is not something you have running in the background, but rather music that demands your complete attention, even more so than the previous albums. imho the KOB-style weirdness present in this album does take away from the "pleasant" smoothness which in harmony with the power of filteria's melodies characterised daze of our lives.for now daze is the best filteria album for me, still lost in the wild is an excellent album that never gets boring and has a lot of replay value (filteria's music always gets better with repeated listening for me, maybe this one will replace daze as #1 in the future ;) )

I'm no Filteria fan.

I think his first two albums are not very good. Non-stop climax with melodies that don't sound very good. And overall those albums lacked soul. Daze, however, was a strong step in the right direction. Filtertraces is one of my favorite trance songs ever. The songs had so much more character. Even so, the melodies still sounded a bit random and unenjoyable at times.

Lost in the Wild is better than previous efforts in every possible way.

Through and through, this stuff rocks. It's more aggressive than Daze, like the first two albums, yet there's so much passion here. There's pacing, there's subtlety. And unlike Daze, this album keeps my interest all the way through. I'm not switching disks halfway through like I was with Daze. Even the title track, which others seem to not like as much, floors me.

Well done, Jannis. You've proved yourself to a guy who didn't think you could do it.

Wow.. Frankly there are some amazingly accurate reviews here already, at least accurate to how I feel.

I've been engrossing myself in this album since the moment of its release, at least 30+ listens now, and am about to review it for an Australian psychedelic magazine. That entire time, I have had a huge grin across my face. If that doesn't say something, nothing musically does...

I can't put my thoughts here fully yet, still amidst writing, other than to say wow.

As a long time fan I am freaking grateful to see how far Jannis has come. This album is a breath of fresh air, a burst of positivity and an affirmation of everything i Iove about goa trance and Filteria.

I will endeavour to post my full review in the coming days.

Sometimes an album comes along that marks the peak of an artists musical maturity, a coallescing of their production skills and musical talent where everything just clicks so perfectly, as if by magic. For Filteria, I believe this is that album.

Lost in The Wild is Filterias first full length album since 2009's neo goa classic Daze of Our Lives. While that album is still incredible in my eyes, this latest release expands on all the ideas heard there in the most intricate of ways.

Part of this, is that since 2006 Filterias sound has grown tremendously, while still retaining that defining Filteria magic. Where once he would assault your ears with melody upon melody, this album tones that back slightly in favour of cleaner production and a far better storytelling aspect.

Don't take that the wrong way though, this is still maximal, melodic, Suntrip goa trance to the core, the likes of which not many others have produced in recent years.

Every track on the album has its own perfect place, and each is perfect in its own way. There are a few highlights for me though.

Starting with Filteroid the album opens subtly almost teasing of the things to come. Snarling acid lines scream along in the background just waiting to unleash the full roar of overdriven vintage analog synth power. I like the way it teases the listener for an opening track.

Dog Days Bliss marks a more acidified version of Filteria, a screeching psychedelic number that is set to become a classic.

Life Never Sleeps is the highlight of the whole album, and that is saying a lot, as there are some incredible tracks on here. Slightly darker in tone and picking up the pace a bit more, this is one of the tracks which shows utter mastery of his art. Building climax upon climax Filteria perfectly blends acid drenched sonic assault with melodic madness that adds up to one powerful journey. This track is going to set dancefloors alight across Europe next summer.

The whole album is akin to blasting off in a 1950s looking future retro spaceship, strapped in for dear life, and you simply cannot keep the smile off your face.

Overall this is the jewel in the Filteria

crown, a magnum opus achievement of hard work and a wonderful gift to fans of goa trance the world over.

Highly recommended to all discerning lovers of goa or psychedelic music in general.

9/10

*Taken from my review for Dreamland magazine

Jannis, well done again and I look forward to experiencing this live in soon enough!

Damn, there is no denying that it's quite exactly the same. What's funny though is the chakra track is pretty boring/noisy by comparison, and the melody just doesn't have that kind of power. Still, after all the similarities I found in Daze, or even generally earlier works, I was hoping they'd stop appearing at this point..