Filteria - Lost in the Wild

Panoptes

You're welcome ^^

Very interesting to hear that you are up to the challenge of a full K.O.B. album! Although I must admit that I'm curious, I thought a K.O.B. album would never be... What has changed your mind? :D

I feel very inspired to make music in general. I have bought lots of fun equipment (modular-systems etc). I feel like working with something "new" where I have total artistic freedom. I have that with K.O.B., because no one really knows what to expect from this project :D Will be fun :)

"F*ck, f*ck , f*ck! Fuck Me! Mother f*cker! F*ck a duck! F*cking hell!"

fHp0b05.gif

*looks up from newspaper, sees wife with one accusatory eyebrow raised after hearing expletives from other room*

"What? Fine, I'll handle it. Dante! That's a little more f-word than I wanna hear from a 5-year old!"

*gives wife happy now look*

Aww, I can't get mad at the little guy. I mean how could you, he's expressing himself the only way he can. We can't all be top class reviewers you know. He'll do better once he stops writing his e's upside down. The fourth album from Jannis is his most mature yet, using Daze of Our Lives as a springboard. The raw chaos of Sky Input and Heliopolis is gone, but not forgotten. Still rocking melodies aplenty they aren't stacked atop one another like a triple Whopper. He allows them free range to unfurl and forge their own way. But assume he's gone soft at your own peril. The flow is hypnotic and fluid with some tracks attempting to blast a whole in your speakers. The production is top notch with every note sounding crystal clear. Everyone seems to laud Dog Days Bliss, but I'm more of a Food Demons kinda guy. Lights of Shibuya and Nights @12 pm are epic. If they're not the definition of perfect tracks I don't know what is.

When I see albums like this receive such glowing and consistent praise I'm chomping at the bit to find that weakness. There's gotta be some flaw, some hole that everyone is missing.

Nope.

It's a consistent and magical journey that can only be Filteria. Definitely one of the best of the year and a disc every goa fan should own.

And yes I read the newspaper with my Daft Punk helmet on. Don't you?

Mdk

• 1 month later...

With Sky Input, Filteria proves that he could use the solar power to make music.

With Daze of our Lives, he refined his style with a more poetic touch.

With this album, he added a final ingredient to his 604 mixture : mysteriousness.

When I listen to this, I don't hear Goa Trance. I hear absolute trance music.

Bravo.

• 3 months later...

Haha how did I miss this. What a perfect representation. Album kicks such butt wow.

Thank you, thank you. I couldn't find the words to review this album. This picture had to suffice. Too bad the site I used chopped off the cover but that was of course, not the point.

• 1 month later...

Artist: Filteria

Release: Lost In The Wild

Year: 2013

Label: Suntrip Records

Cat-#: SUNCD30

Rating: 3.5/5.0

Tracklisting:

1) Filteroid (Day @ 2 Om)

2) Dog Days Bliss (Album Edit)

3) Food Demons

4) Life Never Sleeps

5) Lost In The Wild

6) 36th February

7) The Lights Of Shibuya

8) Night @ 12 PM

9) Birds Lingva Franca (2013 Edit)

I was actually expecting maximalistic goa trance. This steers into a psychedelic path with x-dream like basslines and psychedelic fluttering jittery effects. The energy here is most certainly set to critical and I have to comment that the noisy-ness gets to you after awhile and not in a good way that. I was sure the comment on discogs was wrong during the first two tracks but as we progress things start getting shurned out rather than being created with inner harmony.

This would greatly improve with taking a few steps back and build upon the elements that actually are good. Focus on the melody layers that aren't loud high frequency notes randomly stabbed and drenched in noisy-ness, because there's good melody pads in there but they're being overshadowed by the noisy ones. I love the bassline mainly because of the rolling groovy property of it. This could've been really really good.

• 6 months later...

Such a cheerful album!! Thank you Jannis :) for this amazing journey.

I would recommend this to anyone who feels "Lost In The Wild". It will put a smile right on your face, pump you up and get you going!! Do you want anymore more from an album, nah!! Almost an year now and still abusing the CD!

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

This for me is the best Filteria album.

It's got energy, dripping with acid, it's psychedelic and just really really good.

Dog Days Bliss is one of my favourite every tracks.

I just wish there was a downbeat ending :P

• 10 months later...

My favourite is Life Never Sleeps, Dog Day Bliss is also good, although the melody is not original as some have pointed out. Filteroid is a good opener and Night @ 12 PM is also nice. Some other tracks (like 5,6,7) are too noisy and messy though.