Quality Full-on

GapTheMind

I was wondering if you guys could recommend me some nice full-on? I've always kind of underestimated it as a sub-genre but recently i've begun to take a liking to it. To give you a better idea of what i'm looking for: nothing experimental, for me full-on is like a well-polished machine, and if you tinker too much with it it's gonna break. Oh and no twillight, if i wanted dark stuff i'd be listening to dark :)

An example of what i really like is Laughing Buddha's Sacred Technology, i really enjoyed that album.

Thanks in advance :)

@Amygdala

I've heard the album Audiodrome and i've gotta say it wasn't to my liking. Way too minimalistic for my taste. I always thought the rest of his stuff was kind of similar, but i'll give chemisphere a listen.

@Padmapani

That's the thing, i don't really know. The old school tracks i've heard with full-on vibes were really nice! But i'm not exactly sure where full-on begins and ends so if you could give me a bit of both that would be great :)

@Amygdala

I've heard the album Audiodrome and i've gotta say it wasn't to my liking. Way too minimalistic for my taste. I always thought the rest of his stuff was kind of similar, but i'll give chemisphere a listen.

I understand completely - listening to Laughing Buddha now just makes me think they have both sample CDs and synths in common... As well as ideas and inspiration!

- A

Edit: København dér? Vildt nok... Jeg sidder i en kælder i Århus ;)

Chemisphere is completely different from Tristan's 2 first albums, straighforward full-on and not a bad album at all. If you like that one, check out Fearsome Engine, that's Tristan+Laughing Buddha :)

@Padmapani

That's the thing, i don't really know. The old school tracks i've heard with full-on vibes were really nice! But i'm not exactly sure where full-on begins and ends so if you could give me a bit of both that would be great :)

alright, so let's do a chronological best-of-fullon-albums :)

2001:

Talamasca - Musica Divinorum

2002:

Astrix - Eye to Eye

Logic Bomb - Unlimited

2003:

Cosma - Nonstop

Hux Flux - Division by Zero

Protoculture - Refractions

Psydrop - Fantasy Seeds

Silicon Sound - Pure Analog

Talamasca - Zodiac

2004:

Electric Universe - Cosmic Experience

Cosmosis - Trancendance

2005:

Tranan - Restarter

Voice of Cod - We are Free

2006:

Electric Space Phenomenon - Electric Space Phenomenon

2007:

AMD - Big Fish

Cosmosis - Psychedelica Melodica

Logic Bomb - Sonic Algebra

Tristan - Chemisphere

2008:

Headroom - Artelligent

2009:

Cosmosis - Fumbling for the Funky Frequency

Fearsome Engine - Biting Point

2010:

Laughing Buddha - Sacred Technology

2011:

Logic Bomb - The Grid

Duotekk - Dunamis

that's 10 years of fullon and should give a good overall impression including everything from morning over funky over acidic to weird&psychedelic. i've left out nearly all of the cheesy israeli stuff, the topic is quality full-on after all :)

• Like 1

Edit: København dér? Vildt nok... Jeg sidder i en kælder i Århus ;)

Fedt! Altid rart at blive bekræftet i at der rent faktisk er folk i Danmark der giver en fuck for musikken :)

@Padmapani

Awesome! Just what i was looking for, plenty of inspiration and stuff to listen to in the future, thanks :)

I think Padmapani just closed the thread! But thanks to everyone for the recommendations!

welcome.

i don't think that this thread is anywhere near complete. the list is of course influenced by my own taste and not in any way complete. for instance i missed what technosomy recommended in the next post, avalon - distant futures, and there's plenty more. but it's a start :)

Leaving aside Twilight and SA releases here are some more:

Space Tribe-Shapeshifter & Heart Beat (with Goa elements)

Miraculix-Detonator & The Arrival & Forgotten Tracks

Psydrop-The Miracle Man

Fractal Glider-Parasite & Digital Mandala (with Goa elements)

The Misted Muppet-From The Legend

Space Cat-Mechanical Dream

SynSUN-Phoenix & Unstoppable

Wizzy Noise-Renaissance

Transwave-Frontfire

Delirious Noon-Launch For Cactus

• Like 1

Terrafractyl

https://soundcloud.com/terrafractyl

If you want some melody with your full on. Or perhaps better said, full on with your melody ;)

Personally i can't stand nano style stuff etc anymore after more than 1 or 2 sets.. But that is just since living in London. The Oversaturation of the same style full on is just freaking incredible.

Terrafractyl however, I could listen to anytime and for any amount of time. Musically it is a cut above everything else out there in the genre imho.

Would also add Talpa and Nystagmus for some melodic goodness :)

Terrafractyl

[...]

Would also add Talpa and Nystagmus for some melodic goodness :)

All of them are fullon? Is there a line between fullon and 'normal' psychedelic (like [idk] OOOD for example)?

I think Psilocybian's 'Brain Dissolver' album is worth checking.

+ 1 for Fractal Glider, especially Parasite. excellent stuff

I find Terrafractyl to be interesting in small amounts, but i get pretty bored whenever he plays. something a bit too jazzy about the compositions

i saw Bamboo Forest in 2004 and they were incredible. I listened to a lot of their compilation tracks afterwards and never felt the same magic.

before I go too nuts, I will suggest one album not mentioned yet. one of my favorites. each track is ;O

Lucy in Space with Diamonds - Emerald City

I recommend Agitato releases like

Cyber Cartel - Magic Vision

Space Buddha - Storm Reaction

Psydrop - Fantasy Seeds

Indica - Visions of Tomorrow

Space Monkey - Psychotic Episode

many of their compilations

harder stuff I still see at full-on from 3D Vision label is

Nomad - Mad Attack

CPU - Central Processing Unit and Computer Error

Absolum - Inside the Sphere - stomps hard but give it a shot ;D

dont forget other Israli's like

Dynamic - Dynamix

Melicia - Running Out of Time

Safi Connection - Authentic

Vik on Injection - Welcome to Space

Injection - Shock Wave

random other ideas..

Spectrum - XXX

Altom - Groove Control

Electric Universe - Cosmic Experience

Xerox & Illumination - Temporary Insanity

Tellus 2 - Addiction

Suria - Logical Evolution

way too much out there ;p YouTube is your friend. dont forget to check Spun records. I swear they used to release a new cd each week haha!

before I go too nuts, I will suggest one album not mentioned yet. one of my favorites. each track is ;O

Lucy in Space with Diamonds - Emerald City

There isnt a track like sky divers and there never will be . Relentless from start to finish . Probably the purest form of psychedelic energy right from the source, ever. I still remember the scenes back in 2004 when people flew to this track . dope

There isnt a track like sky divers and there never will be . Relentless from start to finish . Probably the purest form of psychedelic energy right from the source, ever. I still remember the scenes back in 2004 when people flew to this track . dope

I envy you ^_- I wasn't going to parties then so I only heard the tracks on DI and my own persnal playing. maaaaan! I'll lose all my bodily shit if I heard a dj play anything off that album ;O

I see your signature has the tracks recently played hehe and a funny gif -hahaah!

I'm listening to "Eternal Bliss - Upgrade Your Mind" right now and it's very good imo.

What about albums like "GMS - Emergency Broadcast System" or "Eskimo - Balloonatic Part 1"? I really love how these ooze with energy. Sure, they're very accessible, and probably a bit (or more than a bit) cheesy, but I think it is very appealing, emotional music that is not too simple and far from unimaginative.