Ethereal - Anima Mundi

This album is awesome , nobody can produce this kind of goa as Ethereal does. It makes it as an unique piece of art.

Those arpeggios are awesome plus the pads and the overall production has an analogue feeling :) .

I was so happy when this album was released , i must say that this album started the new goa generation.

• 2 weeks later...

This album is awesome , nobody can produce this kind of goa as Ethereal does. It makes it as an unique piece of art.

Those arpeggios are awesome plus the pads and the overall production has an analogue feeling :) .

I was so happy when this album was released , i must say that this album started the new goa generation.

+1 floating concept is amazing :)

• 5 weeks later...

Great album. I'm looking for it for about 3 month since I've heard this masterpiece but found only mp3. It's impossible to find CD now I think. Maybe someone can make lossless rip? :rolleyes: Peace!

Don't ask for rips here.

I think this has reached the rarity of say, the original Transdimendsional after 2 years it was released already, even less probably.

• 3 months later...

This is the best album of 2003 that I've heard. Also the only. B)

The best track is #2, "Cosmic Lobster". Nice build up, good use of samples, great sound altogether. Track #3 is next best, then maybe #1. The weaker tracks are #4, #5, and #7 (weaker doesn't mean they are bad, just that they aren't as good as the others).

In summa this album is pure crap and if you are unlucky enough to have a copy you should PM me about getting it off your hands for dirt cheap. ;)

PS - Goa Head do you have this album I am really looking for a high quality rip.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

in fact they´re still working on the 2nd album but we never know where itll come up... cause theres not anybody to release it...

Are they done the second album or what? Who's releasing it? What's the status of the new album? I don't like being left in the dark.

Are they done the second album or what? Who's releasing it? What's the status of the new album? I don't like being left in the dark.

Then allow us to shed some light on this :). We're alive and well! Work and family still tends to eat away all our precious spare time, as it has done during the previous years, so we're working on various stuff for the album whenever we can get away from our everyday duties. Also, The Etherstudio has been knocked out of action for quite some time but we almost have it up and running again. We can't give you an ETA, but this year we will try to step up the pace with the intent of having the album finished in late 2009. However, we're not going to rush things either and will spend the time needed to arrive at an album we're happy with :)

//Carl & Fredrik

• Like 1

fantastic news from Ethereal!

welcome back to the scene :)

i could finally obtain an original copy of the cd from kalle and sounds really good!

regards

• 8 months later...

There aren't samples nor it is available anywhere. I would have been interested in hearing it..

Then allow us to shed some light on this :). We're alive and well! Work and family still tends to eat away all our precious spare time, as it has done during the previous years, so we're working on various stuff for the album whenever we can get away from our everyday duties. Also, The Etherstudio has been knocked out of action for quite some time but we almost have it up and running again. We can't give you an ETA, but this year we will try to step up the pace with the intent of having the album finished in late 2009. However, we're not going to rush things either and will spend the time needed to arrive at an album we're happy with :)

//Carl & Fredrik

So any news on that?

• 3 years later...

DuP2USl.jpg

Artist: Ethereal
Title: Anima Mundi
Label: Tranceform Records
Date: November, 2003

1. All systems are go (expand the system mix)
2. Cosmic lobster
3. Distant lights (2003 mix)
4. Cosmic lobster (dreamweaver's infinite space rmx)
5. Flamedancer
6. Radiator
7. Elysian fields

If you played a round of golf and got a hole in one on every hole would you ever pick up a club again?

XtGUqpH.gif

No House you wouldn't. Unless you were going to use it to beat the pharmacist and steal all his Oxycontin.

More likely your life would be a downward spiral replete with drugs and booze because, let's face it unless you cure cancer or solve world hunger it's all pretty much downhill from there.

Unless you're playing a par 3 course I don't believe that 18 hole in ones is even possible. Hulk Hogan couldn't drive the ball 500 yards and I don't care how many times you've watched Happy Gilmore turning your club into a hockey stick ain't gonna help you. So piss off Canada. The record if you were wondering on an 18 hole course was 3 which is ridiculous if you think about it.

The greatest golfer of all time had to be part time Yoko Ono stunt double Kim Jong Ill who claimed to make 11 holes in one the first time he ever picked up a set of clubs.

Really? 11? I realize he was part of a propaganda machine, but to not even make it slightly believable is silly. Especially when the clubs were taller than he was.

The gifted Swedish duo Carl Larsson & Fredrik Haglund were one of the earliest projects who contributed to the renaissance of goa trance. If you told me that right out of the gate in the beginning of the revolution that there would be a release that would set the standard I would've looked at you like Kim Jong Ill's caddy. But here we are and they have released arguably one of the greatest goa trance albums.

Ever.

Think about that. Artifact 303. M-Run. Mindsphere. Portamento. This is right up there. Made in 2003.

It's melodic at it's core, drifting in long rippling waves illuminating a path across clouds. I can't say there is a great track on this album because they are all f*cking spectacular. Storytelling at its finest. But before you rush to your internet store of choice to scarf this one up, you have a better chance of making those 11 holes in one than finding this disc. It's like Disney opened its vault and said "Get the f*ck back in here!"

Rumor has it that these guys are back and making new music so we got that going for us. Maybe they will do a Mindsphere type of thing where they have one disc of all new material and re-release Anima Mundi. That's a two disc package I would get on the golf course for. Of course, I'm more Happy Gilmore than Jack Nicklaus.

tupWoEW.gif

You know what the price is. Besides...I miss hockey.

Mdk

• 4 years later...

So I revisited this album and I have to say that apart from Dreamweaver's remix this must be one of the most boring albums I own.

Although it's definitely a classic since it's basically the birth of new school, it's also the birth of uninteresting floatness and melodies that come and go without impact.

The Dreamweaver's remix is still great though.

• 6 months later...

This is such a floating, melodic masterpiece.  I will acquiesce that there aren't dramatic shifts in direction, but the bubbly, trance inducing goodness found within is pure gold.  So lush.  Last update we had from them was that they were working on the second album (back in 2009) so who knows where that is.

But seriously, how hard could it be to get a reprint of this album done?

• 2 years later...

Yes any news on the progress of the new album? I love the track Moondawn on the suntrip compilation Opus Iridium, which I would assume is a newer track? If the new album would sound something similar to that, I would be more than happy.

On 2/22/2009 at 1:14 AM, EtherStudio said:

//Carl & Fredrik

Hi guys  I hope that you somehow get notifications or something. It's 2020 now, many, many years since this post, unfortunately...

Anima Mundi and your unreleased tracks like Stream of Life and Fireflies and the 'new'  Moondawn, are still some of the best NeoGoa music I've heard. Truly excellent stuff (beyond words actually), melodic multi-layered masterpieces, that 'explores the mysteries of the music'...and I find myself returning to your awesome tracks time and time again.

So where is the 2nd album???   I've been waiting patiently for years... Alas, 2020, and still nothing? Please give feedback & release it soon!!!! Like tomorrow :) Pretty, pretty please!

On 2/22/2009 at 1:14 AM, EtherStudio said:

//Carl & Fredrik

Hi guys

I hope that you somehow get notifications or something. It's 2020 now, many, many years since this post, unfortunately...

Anima Mundi and your unreleased tracks like Stream of Life and Fireflies and the 'new'  Moondawn, are still some of the best NeoGoa music I've heard. Truly excellent stuff (beyond words actually), melodic multi-layered masterpieces, that 'explores the mysteries of the music'...

I find myself returning to your awesome tracks time and time again. 

So where is the 2nd album???

I've been waiting patiently for years... Alas, 2020, and still nothing?

Please give feedback & release it soon!!!! Like tomorrow :) Pretty, pretty please!

I will be eternally grateful! 

• 1 year later...

So here we have a very appreciated album among the Goa Trance community. I had forgotten how early (or perhaps late, depending on perspective) this this album was. It was certainly released in an era with not much happening in the domain of Goa Trance and It's a really unique take on the genre as well. I'm sure these floating and indeed what we might call ethereal soundscapes has been influential to quite a few of the Goa Trance artists which emerged in the Goa wave soon after. I didn't know about this album at the time of its release, and was made aware of it only after hearing their track Stream Of Life (2006 Mix). Which appeared on the 2006 compilation Pyramidal Trancendence. Which is still available for free on Ektoplazm along with the Anima Mundi album:

https://ektoplazm.com/free-music/pyramidal-trancendence

https://ektoplazm.com/free-music/ethereal-anima-mundi

The artwork for the album also deserves some extra praise for its very nice color scheme and imaginative concept. Which fully captures the mood of the album and prepares the listener for a nice explorative trip, through the inner reaches of the mind. This is an album I recommend listening to in a playlist with RA and other spiritually oriented and melodically introspective albums. I really enjoy how meticulously each layer has been weaved together. Forming an intricately patterned mesh, of swirling waves of sound. Creating the sensation of a vortex of colors in the mind of the listener.

In retrospect this album probably flew a bit under the radar during release. In part because of the dampened interest and activity of the classical Goa Trance sound. And also because of Ethereal beeing a less known group outside the local scene at the time. And after reading this thread it also becomes obvious that the availability of the original CD was rather limited. Thankfully today it's also available for streaming on Spotify for those interested: