Why did Tranceform records not take over?

radi6404

The ressources that have been wasted on those cds are the least of our concerms to worry about, it is not the ressources, but he should really sell them. It sounds so strange that he pressed great music and now does not want to sell it.

Maybe that was not too wisely worded from me ... "resources" includes also the work, time, effort to produce the music ;)

But now the situation is not like that anyway, with a guy having a load of CDs piled in his cellar -- as draeke mentioned the release not being pressed.

That gives it the possibility of digital download though, as mentioned earlier. I'm happy to read that there are discussions now (at least it seemed?). Because even if there were no new releases by that label Tranceform records, why not release this finished work now as "the keystone"?

There's a compilation that's already pressed and the stuff is just lying around in somebody's basement?

Sorry but seen from the status quo that's just a shameful waste. Waste of resources, waste of money, waste of time for the artists (or did they get paid already?)...

Why not selling the stuff? Or let somebody else do it? If the thing is ready-pressed, why not just DO it?

I can understand both sides of the proverbial coin as I hate the waste factor as well. On the other hand, my closets are loaded with boxes of PAR-2 releases and while we might like to move them, the fact of the matter is that no one is buying. The only release that came close to selling out was our first compilation (I.E. the earliest one made). The next best seller was my first album but I still have 500 copies of that sitting in boxes next to me. Things progressively get worse with our last compilation selling almost nothing and being pretty much unsellable due to the "distribution" deal we got through a shop with those. We never got a cent back on that one and again boxes and boxes of them siting around.

The end situation is we haven't sold a copy of anything in years and any money anyone has offered me for the remaining stock is completely lost in the costs involved in shipping the things internationally (I.E. we have to pay to give them away). Basically for all intent and purposes it is a waste of money to try and move them anymore and it is a waste of space to keep them. We loose either way so in the end they will eventually just all be thrown out. Such is the cost of doing business unsuccessfully ... :D

Surely Suntrip would be able to buy them and maybe you could at least break even no?

I know many independent labels that are releasing much more abstract music with minimal marketing & break even on sales of CD.

Anyway, before you chuck them can we buy copies direct from you Jikkenti?

I can understand both sides of the proverbial coin as I hate the waste factor as well. On the other hand, my closets are loaded with boxes of PAR-2 releases and while we might like to move them, the fact of the matter is that no one is buying. The only release that came close to selling out was our first compilation (I.E. the earliest one made). The next best seller was my first album but I still have 500 copies of that sitting in boxes next to me. Things progressively get worse with our last compilation selling almost nothing and being pretty much unsellable due to the "distribution" deal we got through a shop with those. We never got a cent back on that one and again boxes and boxes of them siting around.

The end situation is we haven't sold a copy of anything in years and any money anyone has offered me for the remaining stock is completely lost in the costs involved in shipping the things internationally (I.E. we have to pay to give them away). Basically for all intent and purposes it is a waste of money to try and move them anymore and it is a waste of space to keep them. We loose either way so in the end they will eventually just all be thrown out. Such is the cost of doing business unsuccessfully ... :D

really sorry to hear that coz i like the par2 stuff (neptune's garden is so awesomely awesome :D ). let's make a deal: keep at least a few of them and i will order a bunch in the future and share them under my friends. it will take some time but you'll have my word!