Skream apologizes for dubstep becoming mainstream

Lemmiwinks

“I am deeply, deeply sorry for ever having created the genre. If I knew that it would eventually become EDM I would have done the noble thing and chopped my own ears off,” said Skream as he wiped a solitary tear from the corner of his eye. “I wish I could take it all back. But I can’t. That’s something that I’ll have to live with for the rest of my life,” he blubbered.

well, you don't get that every day... my question is... WHEN WILL SIMON POSFORD DO THE SAME FOR PSYTRANCE?

read the article here

• 2 weeks later...

Recently I saw a nice description of dubstep: 'transformer raping a cat with a blender' ;). Pretty much sums up huge part of it, to each his own I guess. Fortunately (I've heard rumour that) there are some producers who search for sth more than loud bass and crispy snare. Personally I've had some trouble grasping concept of dancing to percussion going 50% speed of usual bpm, my first thougt was 'bunch of elephants is going to a funeral, should I stomp like them?'.

There is some overthinking on psyreviews, but it's a nice read :).