Going to Nepal!

Drosophila

I am going to Nepal next week! I can't wait to go there. I was there 10 years ago (exactly), and have dream of getting back there ever since. I have 4 weeks and going to trek for 3 of them (Manaslu and Tsum valley is what we have planned so far). So that leaves me with one week in Kathmandu valley. Do any of you guys have any experience there I could benefit from?

Is this some stepp mountains or what?!?!? Yes I love mountains too :wub:

manaslu-en-route-bc-web.jpg

Thanks little sis :)

And no I will not go to Everest region, Manaslu is a bit west of Kathmandu, apparently the trek is getting more and more popular since it is now a tea-house trek, meaning that you don't to bring tent, kitchen and food. And yes the mountains will probably become quite cold, but it not crazy cold yet, not until December. You should go one day! :D

Excellent!

I also dream of going back to Asia for backpacking.

Since I've already been to India, I want to start in North India (probably Delhi, since I didn't spend time there), then Nepal and then head down to Indo-China (Laos, Burma, Cambodia,Vietnam), my only problem is that this has to happen in the summer (my GF is a teacher) and it's the rainy season down there.... and it can be tough.

I was at Himachal Pradesh (Indian Himalayas) in December and it was only bad at night, during the day it was actually nice most of the time!

Make sure you do a lot of shopping too!!! Next time I go I'll have my bags empty so I can fill them up with clothes and all the other useless-yet-lovely junk you find when travelling!!!

I've never been but my mother said there is a lot of poverty. Don't forget to drink bottled water and be mindful that your food is boil'd or prepared with out being washed by cold faucet water.