6. Factorum Spectre

7. Plan B

8. The Journey

9. Mind Therapy

10. Birdie

"This is a journey into sound."

91J7jSE.gif

Blue Planet Corporation.

I would swear I was listening to Blue Planet Corporation. THE name in melodic trancey goa finally has a worthy successor. Who the hell knew he was hidden away in Hungary. JIS is Gabor Czellux and this is his debut full length album. Beautiful melodies are the cornerstone of this music that doesn't forget it's still goa trance. We're in a time now where just making melodic goa trance isn't going to set anyone's hair on fire. Past that. What Gabor does is take light and airy melodies and surround them with the signature sounds that scream goa trance.

Layers? Check. Shimmering synths and reverb? Oh, yes. Tactile breaks and great production? You. Know. It. This isn't dark or acidic goa trance, but the hyper melodic stuff that reminds you why you liked trance to begin with. Can't be dark all the time...people will begin to shun you.

Zg1wzgd.jpg

"Look Gary, I like you. You're a nice guy and do good work, but people don't want their accountant to look like the walking dead. Makes 'em nervous."

The opener sounds lush and combines all of the things I've mentioned. And he doesn't stop there. Delicious layers cascade over bubbling basses like maple syrup on a short stack. Blessed Unconsciousness is infectious and has a playful bass line that reminds me of Dark Waters by MFG. The Journey you will recall was released on The Call of Goa (*gives hi-five to Nova Fractal) and does everything right. If there was one complaint you could possibly raise it would be that it's an album composed of very similar tracks, but I was dancing so much that I didn't care.

When I found out BPC was his favorite artist it made perfect sense. Gabor deftly navigates the sometimes blurred lines (I know you want me) between melodic and goa trance (I know you want me). Just like the artist he draws inspiration from. This is light and airy melodic goa trance that is quite vivid and well produced. One could even say gentle at times. None of the tracks are going to overpower you. Dark and acidic goa stormers won't be found here either. It's not that kind of party.

But if you're a fan of melody and layers then this is for you. It's a digital relase, but shoot him an email and he might have a physical copy left for you.

Beatport

Mdk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I can't believe there aren't any comments on this album. I thinks it's incredible. I first noticed JIS on the Call of Goa compilation with "the journey". It was the first time in ages that I actually got physical goosebumps listening to a song.

I've only listened through the full album once, and that was while studying. Turns out that was a difficult task; my mind kept wandering to .... Starships warping past blazing supernovae, lasers flickering into the unknown, shattered planets tumbling in the void.... Wow!

The standout for me so far is is blessed unconsciousness, but there is so much still to discover. I'm sure this will never get boring.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/7/2015 at 7:56 PM, post="1055857" said:

Very good album indeed. Mostly the same bubbling TB-like synths as in 100500+ other goa tracks but this time they form some catchy melodic structures while still being trippy enough. Also very good production quality.

All tracks sound a bit samey, that's my only complaint.

I share the same thoughts about this album, it is really not bad at all. Since Mdk mentioned Blue planet corporation, I still prefer the old Blue planet sound over this (it had more soul and more charm IMO), but Illusions of reality is good enough. Pure morning goa trance, very easy on the ears.

It was Mr Gabor's first album, I am sure the second one will be better, and more risk-taking perhaps?

Favourite tracks: Blessed unconsciousness, Plan B, The journey.

• 3 years later...
On 1/4/2014 at 3:26 PM, StratosOZ said:

I can't believe there aren't any comments on this album. I thinks it's incredible. I first noticed JIS on the Call of Goa compilation with "the journey". It was the first time in ages that I actually got physical goosebumps listening to a song.

I've only listened through the full album once, and that was while studying. Turns out that was a difficult task; my mind kept wandering to .... Starships warping past blazing supernovae, lasers flickering into the unknown, shattered planets tumbling in the void.... Wow!

The standout for me so far is is blessed unconsciousness, but there is so much still to discover. I'm sure this will never get boring.

This album has grown on me a lot, never realized it was that good, the sound is so clean, so fresh and mellow. Lovely album, very underrated.