Artist: Ancient Alien

Title: Tribute To The Elders EP

Label: Timewarp Records

Date: September, 2013

1. Identified Races

2. Inexplicable Feeling

3. Prophets of Orion

4. Tribute To The Elders

Timewarp Records (managed by Renato Brnic, aka Nova Fractal) has been unloading digital EP's so fast you'd think they came with a side of cancer. Usually at least a couple would be weak, but surprisingly that has not been the case. This is Luiz Fernando Wilhelm with a short 4 track EP for our listening pleasure.

While I wasn't impressed with the rambling opener the power and the complexity pick up after that. Inexplicable Feeling thumps with a strong bass presence and dark feeling as synth leads meander from the shadows. It's...eerie even if it also goes on a little long. Prophets of Orion suffers from the same affliction as the first track. Just kinda meh. Tribute to the Elders is the reason I'll keep watching this project. Even though it wasn't that detailed the power and old school flow were there.

I think there is potential there if he lets the tracks evolve and takes them to the shadowy corners where a lot of artists are won't to go. Cutting a few minutes off wouldn't hurt. You've got my attention sir.

Beatport

Mdk