Nostalgia.

exit_eternity

I've always felt that Nostalgia has a very close connection to the meaning of life.

It feels so deep, and it makes you have thoughts you don't otherwise have.

It might be thoughts of grandeur, love, or just something undefinable but special.

It is a feeling that you know for sure when you have. It is not ambiguous, and its right in your face.

My favorite feeling is no doubt nostalgia, because it never disappoints. You can be unhappy, happy,

in love, sad, depressed, anxiety, euphoric, whatever. But you can always feel Nostalgia.

What makes you feel it?

For me it is movies mostly, and music second. Movies from when I was a kid and mostly the same regarding music.

I dont want you to just list random stuff I want you to think deep down what makes you get this feeling.

Enough to make you cry!

For me Its alot of movies since Ive always been alone, to my self, and always turned to movies for support. This is why a particular movie has always been with me!

Its Sidekicks (1992). I cant put a finger on it, but it does make me feel hope, energy, and the will to change my life for the better. It made me feel that way in 1992 and it makes me feel this way in 2013 also.

Since I love movies and music I have many examples but I will leave it at this..

I would love to hear your stories... <3

I've always felt that Nostalgia has a very close connection to the meaning of life.

Is there a meaning to life?

Nostalgia...it's not like it used to be.

Lol. :P

I have nostalgia all the time, but I don't like it because it makes me think of how great things were in the past and how much they suck now. But that's just me.

Nostalgia...it's not like it used to be.

Yeah, great line :lol:

Nostaligia is the ultimate booster for the things you probably couldn't like if you would face/discover them right now for the first time.

Forementioned music and movies are the best example - take old Hollywood martial arts flicks like Bloodsport (1988) or Best Of The Best (1989). Nostalgia adds +50 to 'how cool is that' factor, even we watch those films and smile a bit nowadays. My guilty pleasure are some of eurodance tunes where Culture Beat's 'Mr Vain' is still my one of all-time best tracks ever.

On the other hand, nostalgia can ruin some things just by comparing situations, making subjective points and justifying the past.

I go back to things I loved all the time. But I keep feeling like nostalgia is the proverbial finger pointing at the moon and that I'm only looking at the finger. ;) It's what I was feeling at the time that really matters, and not the material trappings or initial stimulus of those feelings.

Sometimes I fall in love with music I've never heard before because it reminds me of an early time in my life. Some movies, ect. are the same way. Sometimes it's new things, not old, that hit some old and well hidden button in me.

Nothing's completely new, and nothing's completely the same at is was, but you can always have new combinations of old and new... maybe eclecticism is the key?